Who is still left?

Its no Mystery, this tier of ops killed ALLOT of the top guilds. my question is who has been able to survive?

how many of the World Progression Guilds are still going strong? and if not strong who are still staying afloat?

Ive heard that guilds such as Severity, ZorZ, and HMD have all been fizzling out. I wanna hear from the butchers mouth.

Who's staying, who's going, who's jumped to wildstar, who's been hemorrhaging members?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I just want to know what "ALLOT" is. Google isn't helping me. Maybe it's slang in some foreign language?
"Allot" is an English word. If you couldn't find out that through google, you might need a 101 in How to Internet.

OT: Of the 3 top guilds on our server, two are completly dead and the third lost a few core players.

Its no Mystery, this tier of ops killed ALLOT of the top guilds. my question is who has been able to survive?

how many of the World Progression Guilds are still going strong? and if not strong who are still staying afloat?

Ive heard that guilds such as Severity, ZorZ, and HMD have all been fizzling out. I wanna hear from the butchers mouth.

Who's staying, who's going, who's jumped to wildstar, who's been hemorrhaging members?

Why do you assume the game is dying just because a couple guilds on your server imploded?

This article puts SWTOR solidly in the top 5 MMO's on the market today.

Guilds implode. It happens. There's no telling what sort of drama transpired to make it happen, but it certainly doesn't mean the game is dead. People have been making that flawed assumption since the very beginning. I should know, I've been subscribed and active since launch Dec '11. :eek:

Why do you assume the game is dying just because a couple guilds on your server imploded?

This article puts SWTOR solidly in the top 5 MMO's on the market today.

Guilds implode. It happens. There's no telling what sort of drama transpired to make it happen, but it certainly doesn't mean the game is dead. People have been making that flawed assumption since the very beginning. I should know, I've been subscribed and active since launch Dec '11. :eek:

The OP is talking about Progression Raiders, not the overall community (AKA the 1%).

Sounds like an attempt to create drama over natural guild death.

4th guild since launch so far.

We're in the middle of summer distractions and time demands which compound any guild issues with motivation and result in many break ups.

Doesn't mean all the players vanish, simply means that guild name is no longer in use by a raid team.

Easiest way to reform is as a smaller team so there are less 16m names now.

When easier content turns up the 16m scene will expand again. This is quite a long way from accessible content and Council 16m NiM through bad scaling from 8m is the hardest fight in the game. 1% isn't even close to the tiny number of players who will ever complete it.

The OP is talking about Progression Raiders, not the overall community (AKA the 1%).

Well the 1% have had adequate time to conquer the latest NiM ops and quickly get bored.

There are a few like that in my own guild. The ones you rarely see log in except on raid night.

Well the 1% have had adequate time to conquer the latest NiM ops and quickly get bored.

There are a few like that in my own guild. The ones you rarely see log in except on raid night.

Not all progression raiders "just log in except on raid nights." I personally enjoy the game & what it has to offer, but I do know the types of people you are referring to. And the OP is not talking about time to complete the operation, but just trying to see how many guilds are still currently raiding week to week within this content cycle.

Exactly! It's not good for the player community as a whole to think in stereotypes. Though I can't be called hardcore, I do participate in progression (currently at 4/5, 3/5) - and still you'll find me doing Makeb dailys regularly (yes even the staged weekly so many consider boooring) and all kinds of other, seemingly pointless stuff just for the fun of it and love of the game. I plea guilty to a bad case of alteritis and severe Star Wars fanboyism!

^^

Deciples of Babylon. They lost a ton of their top players.

Others like Move Along & Shades of Grey are having what many guilds have this time of year. The summer blues. Although Slash Stuck kinda came from nowhere and are moving forward quickly on TRE.

Pretty sure all guilds wil pick up again come the winter.

Back on BC, there's 2 NiM Progression Groups going : DWBI's prog team, and DWBI minus two members on Imp Side.

The rest of BC's PvE community is deadish. The other 3 or 4 NiM prog teams fell apart or quit, and now there are just a few guilds working on HM DF/DP. There's not much left over here.

^^

Deciples of Babylon. They lost a ton of their top players.

Others like Move Along & Shades of Grey are having what many guilds have this time of year. The summer blues. Although Slash Stuck kinda came from nowhere and are moving forward quickly on TRE.

Pretty sure all guilds wil pick up again come the winter.

DoB is hardly dead thx for askin .pls dont spread false info

Ascension fizzled out on JC. Most just stopped playing.

The remaining merged into The Covenant, which is also using a few Torva Nex members pub alts, I believe.

I'm still poking around too. Joining Covenant runs every now and again.

I was thinking about putting together a PvE school to teach people of all skill levels and maybe stir up the pug scene on the server. Mostly I just get made fun of for the idea haha.

Ascension fizzled out on JC. Most just stopped playing.

The remaining merged into The Covenant, which is also using a few Torva Nex members pub alts, I believe.

I'm still poking around too. Joining Covenant runs every now and again.

I was thinking about putting together a PvE school to teach people of all skill levels and maybe stir up the pug scene on the server. Mostly I just get made fun of for the idea haha.

The Leeroy Jenkins Academy?

We are by no means a "best in the world" raiding group but Reign is a guild that's been around since lauch (early beta to be more exact) and our 16-Man raid team is going as strong as ever as we're currently working on Nightmare Palace. We'd be much further along had we not taken a big hit for attendance over the Summer like we did. Vacations, etc. can really put a hamper on progression raiding, but beyond that we are still pushing ahead. Edited by Terro_Fett

BW isn't worried about the 0.1% of the 1% of elite players. A lot of players base their decisions of staying or leaving on whether or not their PVE heroes are still here but the way BW sees it, elite tier endgame is a cost center not a revenue center. In one of the past SWTOR streams with Musco and some guy named Toby Mccall he mentioned how he used to be one of the pve flashpoint/ops designers but recently moved to the Cartel Market team. If they didn't backfill his position that's a clear indication of shifting priorities. More CM designers, less ops designers. Edited by Projawa