Dual specs. What happened to them?

Terifh

A dungeon finder without dual specs is ridiculous.

You are encouraging people to do PvE and yet those who also want to PvP are going to be penalyzed?

It is easy to know through the official notes that one of your main goals is diversity. But forcing someone to spend thousands of credits every day/week ONLY to be able to play two different styles is not how you do it.

For the trolls (will save you the time of posting):

"herp derp ima dps and i do all with one spec cuz there are no dmg meters in flashpoints. so i dont want dual specs!!11!!"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A dungeon finder without dual specs is ridiculous.

You are encouraging people to do PvE and yet those who also want to PvP are going to be penalyzed?

It is easy to know through the official notes that one of your main goals is diversity. But forcing someone to spend thousands of credits every day/week ONLY to be able to play two different styles is not how you do it.

For the trolls (will save you the time of posting):

"herp derp ima dps and i do all with one spec cuz there are no dmg meters in flashpoints. so i dont want dual specs!!11!!"

BioWare's magical software developing faerie accidentally escaped from its cage, and they're still looking for it somewhere within the BioWare Austin building. For now, we'll just have to settle with standard, mortal development speeds, sadly. Edited by MaverickXIV

BioWare's magical software developing faerie accidentally escaped from its cage, and they're still looking for it somewhere within the BioWare Austin building. For now, we'll just have to settle with standard, mortal development speeds, sadly.

Ok, since it's so hard to develop dual-spec, give the playerbase free field respec at free cost.

AFTER they have implemented dual-spec, they can resume charging credits for the service.

Ok, since it's so hard to develop dual-spec, give the playerbase free field respec at free cost.

AFTER they have implemented dual-spec, they can resume charging credits for the service.

It's not that it's hard, it's that there's just more things before it in line. First they had to finish the content they were already in the process of making as the game launched. Then they most likely had to switch gears and put more of an emphasis on server transfers and a group finder. Now they need to do the same with dual specs. All the while keeping a decent amount of people on developing new content.

I agree with the free field resepc, though even that isn't as black and white of a bandaid as you might think. After they implement dual spec, surely they would have to remove the free respec (having both would make the concept of a spec meaningless), but they'll certainly anger many players by removing it at that point.

We've been told it is definitely in the works...

However, other things are more important:

Rated Wzs

Group Finder

Server Transfers

Level of importance is in the eye of the beholder.

That, and there's always something more important than the current topic at hand it seems. It's not a reason not to discuss it and ask for it.

As Andarilhodoceu said, just eliminate the respec cost for now until dual speccing is put in place in 1.4 (or whenever that may be).

What exactly is the problem the way it is? You don't want to be a healer or tank in a warzone or something?

I want to be DPS when my group needs that, or I want to be a healer if my group needs that. I am in a VERY small guild of friends and family, so it is important that we're flexible in what each of us can bring to a group, depending on what is needed at the time.

1.4 it is coming

We've been told it is definitely in the works...

However, other things are more important:

Rated Wzs

Group Finder

Server Transfers

Really? Please quote your sources for this. Unless its different from: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012#e

"Lovarboy: Will we get dual spec with Game Update 1.3?

Daniel: Unfortunately, no. Game Update 1.3 is being kept a bit leaner to get the Group Finder and the next stage of Legacy in the game as fast as possible. After that we’ll be returning to some bigger updates and we’re hoping dual spec makes it for the next one."

its not for sure in "1.4" and its not necessarily "in the works". All we have is "hope". Post the source or keep your misinfo to yourselves. If there is new info by all means make me eat my words.

Edited by Spaj

And by the way,it's not "ridiculous"...you have to make a choice of what role you want to play.

It's a privilege, not a right. :) My opinion...

So you are not allowed to be a healer in warzones because you chose to be a healer in flashpoints?

By your 'opinion' it seems you have not played the game past lvl 40 (to which point any spec can do anything).

1- Get a tank or a healer to lvl 50.

2- Play a warzone in a healer/tank spec.

3- Play through a HM dungeon with the same healer/tank spec.

4- Now you are entitled to have an opinion about the subject.

If a dev is saying that they 'hope' dual spec makes it for the next update, that's a pretty good tell that it's in the works for some point in the future. It's more that the 'we'll look into it' that is normally stated.

After all, if it wasn't somewhat close to being implementable, no one working on the game would give any sort of time frame at all.

If a dev is saying that they 'hope' dual spec makes it for the next update, that's a pretty good tell that it's in the works for some point in the future. It's more that the 'we'll look into it' that is normally stated.

After all, if it wasn't somewhat close to being implementable, no one working on the game would give any sort of time frame at all.

The problem is that it is not a feature they told us about yesterday.

It's been months since they told us that dual specs would be implemented...

I want to be DPS when my group needs that, or I want to be a healer if my group needs that. I am in a VERY small guild of friends and family, so it is important that we're flexible in what each of us can bring to a group, depending on what is needed at the time.

Our guild is in a similar situation. Thankfully we have 1 or 2 of us who typically play healers, and 1 or 2 who typically play tanks. 1 (only) of us has a 50 tank, healer and rdps and is more than happy to switch out to fill whatever role we need. I've finally gotten my shadow tank to 50 so I can now tank (well, I can tank EV HM at least) if we're short. My Combat Medic had to DPS in KP the other week because we were short on - of all things - dps that night.

It's a bit frustrating; we were working on EC normal and lost a few peeps to D3 / burn out / TSW beta and now are struggling to even get 8 people on for KP HM. But we do what we can with the guys we have, and we at least try to have a good time doing something. :)

Dual spec isn't that important really. You can still tank most hard mode flashpoints in any spec if you have good tank gear a tank stance, even offtank in most Ops without to much trouble.

Dual spec won't increase the number of tanks or healers much. But it will increase the number of bad tanks/healers who just want a short queue time.

Edited by NasherUK

Our guild is in a similar situation. Thankfully we have 1 or 2 of us who typically play healers, and 1 or 2 who typically play tanks. 1 (only) of us has a 50 tank, healer and rdps and is more than happy to switch out to fill whatever role we need. I've finally gotten my shadow tank to 50 so I can now tank (well, I can tank EV HM at least) if we're short. My Combat Medic had to DPS in KP the other week because we were short on - of all things - dps that night.

It's a bit frustrating; we were working on EC normal and lost a few peeps to D3 / burn out / TSW beta and now are struggling to even get 8 people on for KP HM. But we do what we can with the guys we have, and we at least try to have a good time doing something. :)

I had a similar problem in WoW before they added dual specs.

Before: Small guild of friends. Everyone is speced PvE so we can have a smoothier progression. Other than at the raid hours very few players would actually log on, because the next fun thing to do would be PvP. But no one could afford respecing 2 times a day. So they would just not play outisde of ride times.

After: The guild became around 300% more active. Players would log in, switch to PvP spec and do arenas/bgs until raid times. The playing experience improved vastly for everyone.

Dual....boooo, Multispec is what we want. I mean come on how hard can it be to add a icon that lets you change spec on a fly before combat.

The thing is...It's not hard at all...

I'm suspecting that a designer who only played dps classes decided not to add them anymore. And instead of telling us they just thought "meh, they will soon forget we ever said anything..".

And by the way,it's not "ridiculous"...you have to make a choice of what role you want to play.

It's a privilege, not a right. :) My opinion...

Options and flexibility are always better. IMO.

Edited by Deyjarl

Options and flexibility are always better. IMO.

And when both group finder and ranked warzones are in, it will not even be about flexibility anymore. It will be about being able to play both.

As it stands you will simply have to pick either PvE or PvP and stick with it. No one can expect to be a COMPETITIVE player in both PvE (HM ops) and PvP (Ranked Warzones) with the same spec. And the money it would take to respec twice each day is absurd.