(BUG)(ITEM) Series 512 Cybernetic Torso Color Bugged

UnknownDeceased

I'm seeing an issue with my 512 Torso as well, but it doesn't appear to be a set color that's off, it looks as though the reflectivity of the materials was turned up about 500%, so the lighting in the area you're in changes the color of the armor entirely. Right now, I'm on Nar Shadaa, and it looks like a whitewashed rainbow because of all of the neon lights.

This doesn't appear to happen during cutscenes, however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes please fix this. I bug reported it right after 2.7, but have not really done any digging until now. While it is not the end of the world, I am sure most here agree that we want to enjoy the look of our characters. The first set was the series 505 if I recall....and I made a toon specifically to be a "droid"....however I did not like the "wings" on the back of the first set, so acquired the 512 when it cam along as it was more "sleak" and was more miminalistic.

As of 2.7 it looks like crap in most environments. As noted above I definitely think it has to do with the illusion of light reflection or the like. It should be noted that in my torso I have a black/black dye....which may make it even more obvious than say if I had a white/white dye {cannot be sure as I have only tried black/black}.

As above I have not used that character much since 2.7 as it Frankly pisses me off to look at it {especially since for the first time ever I made a toon to accommodate gear}. In fact, I hate the "reflection" {transparent layer?} stuff added to most "metal" armors and preferred they way my toons in all black armor looked before 2.7, but oh well.

Thankfully my characters in "cloth" armor look dark and do not "shine" {Mando preserver set also does not "shine" thankfully}. As to the series 512 torso...I can only think of a few places where it looks as it did before 2.7...and humorously even in the white out of the Rakata mind prison on Belsavis {classic daily [yes I am the only one that does these anymore lol]} it looks as it did pre-2.7...and it does not get any brighter than in there.

As stated in my bug report, my character wearing the 512 torso {she wears the whole 512 set for what it is worth} looks completely normal on the character sheet and in the appearance tab. But looks off on the log-in screen...and in most environments she has been to since 2.7.0.

My apologies for the length of this post, but this has been bothering me since 2.7 and was hoping for a fix by now. I am happy to see you all adding more layers to things {still laughing at the "light through leaves" on Voss} to make the game look better, but I just wish you all could get it right just once.

• 2 weeks later...

As of patch 2.8 still not fixed. When will it be fixed, Mr. Tait Watson? This is a CM item, or a REAL MONEY item, might I remind you.

Am I to understand that I can spend real cash and get a faulty product / item?

Edited by Styxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Still no fix as yet - been 3 months since this was "being looked into" + some newer CM items have had bugs fixed, This probably should have been fixed as a priority over newer items - please can we have some indication where we are with this and when we can expect this chestpiece to revert back to it's usual colour and respond correctly to dyes ?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes thank you very much for fixing this. There are still some broken textures out there {in how they reflect light in a false and unrealistic fashion...as if the armor has a transparent layer that only reacts to certain wavelengths}, but none were as bad as the 512 that I personally witnessed. Here is to hoping the others get a pass and fixed also. Edited by Urantia

• 1 year later...