DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

You are saying

Sentinel/Marauder

1. Beastfury - Marauder - Carnage 5/36/5 - 3025

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/238605/tim...229/0/Overview

If he pre-stacked rage than obviously the parse needs to be DQ'd. There is no way to pre-stack rage in a boss fight without starting the encounter. Yeah you can do some cheesy stuff like Acid Blade during trash pull (or tell your raid to wait 3 minutes) then -> respec Lethality, but there is no practical way to start with 10 rage before a boss pull (unless you're a Jugg and use Enrage)

Edited by paowee

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow balance hybrid 18/0/28 :

http://www.torparse.com/a/299255 2558.73 dps

This spec is doing the same dmg as full balance, which just shows how broken the balance post 2.0 is.

Amen,

What are your current specs? i notice thats a realy high crit rate, jus tcurrious on your stats and what-not.

my top balance parse is 2554 and my hybrid parse is 2555, no way that should happen.

balance will crush the hybrid in a boss fight but still shouldnt happen.

Doesn't he run Carnage?

Edit: Besides, if Invic was allowed to respec for Acid Blade, then Anni Marauders should be allowed to respec for Brooding.

Yes, carnage allows a 30 stack of Fury off the bat. Not rage (the skill enabling stuff).

I see other people already clarified that though.

Edited by Airwolfe

Ooo my server parse made it on here so i figured id put my new parse up. played with some stuff... still need 3 enhancements now :(

Sammul - Assassin - Deception - 5/36/5 - 2672.63

Now im sure Aranelde will beat this soon :)

Edit: put into proper format. was used to server forum post where i just put link....

Edited by Sam_WarDragon

Amen,

What are your current specs? i notice thats a realy high crit rate, jus tcurrious on your stats and what-not.

my top balance parse is 2554 and my hybrid parse is 2555, no way that should happen.

balance will crush the hybrid in a boss fight but still shouldnt happen.

Critting in that parse is about the average. I currently have around 26% crit chance on melee attacks - i.e. this is not a handpicked parse.

Yes, carnage allows a 30 stack of Fury off the bat. Not rage (the skill enabling stuff).

I see other people already clarified that though.

I'm aware of the difference. I just bone-headed it when I read it yesterday.

Ooo my server parse made it on here so i figured id put my new parse up. played with some stuff... still need 3 enhancements now :(

Sammul

Decepetion 5/36/5. Now im sure Aranelde will beat this soon :)

I know most DPS Sins want to see some good buff love to their class but I did this calculation a month or so ago on the Harbinger's boards to show that Deception Sins really don't do well on the dummy compared to a raid boss.

Deception Sins are missing from the dummy: an Armor Debuff, Assassinate, and 30% damage increase to targets under 30% health is missing.

Deception has a passive 9% Armor Penetration, so the typical 35% armor on a boss is only 31.85 to a Deception Sin. Having an Armor Debuff bringing the boss' armor down to 28% makes Sins only see 25.48% armor. This amounts to an increase of .7652/.6815 = 1.123 damage for all non internal/elemental damage. Looking at Sam's parse he gets 1810 DPS from attacks that are hit by armor, so the 1.123 increase in these attacks adds and additional 223 DPS, bringing his total DPS up to 2896 DPS.

Sith Executioner talent, this increases all damage to under 30% targets by 6%. This amounts to an overall 1.8% damage increase over the course of the fight. Taking the armor debuffed damage of 2896, the Sith Executioner talent adds another 52 DPS, bringing the total up to 2948 DPS.

I don't know how Assassinate works into the under-30% rotation, so I just have to say that it will increase the DPS some. Now compare Sammul's 2948+ DPS to the Mercs who don't have Execute talents and do get an Armor Debuff.

I know most DPS Sins want to see some good buff love to their class but I did this calculation a month or so ago on the Harbinger's boards to show that Deception Sins really don't do well on the dummy compared to a raid boss.

Deception Sins are missing from the dummy: an Armor Debuff, Assassinate, and 30% damage increase to targets under 30% health is missing.

Deception has a passive 9% Armor Penetration, so the typical 35% armor on a boss is only 31.85 to a Deception Sin. Having an Armor Debuff bringing the boss' armor down to 28% makes Sins only see 25.48% armor. This amounts to an increase of .7652/.6815 = 1.123 damage for all non internal/elemental damage. Looking at Sam's parse he gets 1810 DPS from attacks that are hit by armor, so the 1.123 increase in these attacks adds and additional 223 DPS, bringing his total DPS up to 2896 DPS.

Sith Executioner talent, this increases all damage to under 30% targets by 6%. This amounts to an overall 1.8% damage increase over the course of the fight. Taking the armor debuffed damage of 2896, the Sith Executioner talent adds another 52 DPS, bringing the total up to 2948 DPS.

I don't know how Assassinate works into the under-30% rotation, so I just have to say that it will increase the DPS some. Now compare Sammul's 2948+ DPS to the Mercs who don't have Execute talents and do get an Armor Debuff.

A guild should gear up a Sin DPS and post an operation group log. Will APEX be willing to test this out? : ) Edited by paowee

A guild should gear up a Sin DPS and post an operation group log. Will APEX be willing to test this out? : )

What fight are you wanting to see because we run with a geared shadow dps, Araneldë if you want to look him up on torparse, who parses rather well on most fights.

A guild should gear up a Sin DPS and post an operation group log. Will APEX be willing to test this out? : )

LOL will apex test it out? I used to be in their raid 1... was there when we got our titles for EC nim pre 2.0. Have no problem keeping up with most dps in raids. Used to be up there with Aranelde on torparse but unfortunately last week was the first time i ran 8 man S&V HM in a month. I didnt even bother stimming or using adrenals because i was saving them for our NIM attempts. We started doing some 16 mans and unfortunately i couldnt make most the days they wanted to do it. But you can check out Aranelde's parses, he does very well.

What fight are you wanting to see because we run with a geared shadow dps, Araneldë if you want to look him up on torparse, who parses rather well on most fights.
Entire HM SnV and NiM TFB if possible.

Let's assume that the armor debuffs stacks (meaning that armor penetration works in synergy with armor reduction). We have:

Bosses 35% armor reduction, reduced by 20%, equals 28 %. Of these 28%, the shadow reduces them further to 25.48%.

On the operation dummy the armor reduction will be 31.85%.

2/3 of his damage is affected by armor (talking on average about infiltration spec). Let's say the shadow does 2600 dps on the dummy. It will mean that 1.742 k dps will be affected by armor.

Now we have: 1.742/(1-0.3185)=2.556k unmitigated damage.

In operation on the bosses: 2.556*(1-0.2548)=1.905k dps.

So the dps in the op will be actually 2.772 k dps (in ideal conditions!).

You have 6% increase in dmg on the boss for the last 30%. That means that the dps will be increased to: 2.772(1+0.06*0.3)=2.822k dps - without spinning stike.

You can use spinning strike every 6s. It has 15% less critical chance than clairvoyant strike, has less chance to proc the shadow technique, and doesn't renew the clairvoyance but costs less force. It's hard to assess it's benefit - but let's say that spinning stike is 1.8k dmg more than clairvoyant stike on average. It will yield 300 dps more in the last 30% of the bosses health. So all in all we will have:

2.772*0.7+3.072*0.3*1.06=2.917k dps

p.s. Food for thought: watchmen spec uses the same benefits, plus the party benefits the class has (just a single example, there are many more out there).

Edited by nwhaxyz

You can use spinning strike every 6s. It has 15% less critical chance than clairvoyant strike, has less chance to proc the shadow technique, and doesn't renew the clairvoyance but costs less force. It's hard to assess it's benefit - but let's that spinning stike is 1.2k dmg more than clairvoyant stike on average. It will yield 200 dps more in the last 30% of the bosses health. So all in all we will have:

2.772*0.7+2.972*0.3*1.06=2.885k dps

p.s. Food for thought: watchmen spec uses the same benefits, plus the party benefits the class has (just an example).

Assassinate/spinning strike does more damage per gcd then VS/CS. It also refreshes circling shadows/ induction. This works into a very fluid rotation under 30. No it doesnt refresh voltage/circling shadows but those 2 stacks last a long time and your normal rotation refreshes it np. assassinate has a 5 sec cd so plenty of time in between to keep stacks up. I believe it adds more then just the 200 dps you talk about but hey im may be a little bias :p

PS. No one is saying sins are better then anyone but we bring a lot of things to the table that str8 dps classes dont bring. Stealth resses, timely taunts, and hell in withering horror i take all the red puddles so all the "superior" dps can focus on boss.(force cloak takes the debuff off). I take one for the team on that because i can actually take the hits from the adds that may melt others. All gort is saying is dont count out a sin dps just because he is a sin dps.

Edited by Sam_WarDragon

Assassinate/spinning strike does more damage per gcd then VS/CS. It also refreshes circling shadows/ induction. This works into a very fluid rotation under 30. No it doesnt refresh voltage/circling shadows but those 2 stacks last a long time and your normal rotation refreshes it np. assassinate has a 5 sec cd so plenty of time in between to keep stacks up. I believe it adds more then just the 200 dps you talk about but hey im may be a little bias :p

PS. No one is saying sins are better then anyone but we bring a lot of things to the table that str8 dps classes dont bring. Stealth resses, timely taunts, and hell in withering horror i take all the red puddles so all the "superior" dps can focus on boss.(force cloak takes the debuff off). I take one for the team on that because i can actually take the hits from the adds that may melt others. All gort is saying is dont count out a sin dps just because he is a sin dps.

If you haven't clued in yet - i play shadow myself since day 1 of the game. I added a bit more dmg to the spinning strike dps checking my logs (don't forget it has 15% less critical chance, which with the current state of crit rating is huge difference). I think the old shadow balance (pre 2.0) was the one that used that synergy debuff best, but they've ruined it.

Edited by nwhaxyz

I'm not the type of person to go through another person's parse and try to validate it. I do, however, like to go through and glance at rotations to see if i can pick up something somebody else is doing that i maybe am not. I noticed something strange while looking at these 2 parses. See if you can spot it too!

http://www.torparse.com/a/302905/time/1371933185/1371933594/0/Damage+Dealt

http://www.torparse.com/a/300924/time/1371793095/1371793395/0/Damage+Dealt

put the wrong parse here originally. apologies for the confusion.

Can't find it? look closely at seconds 137- 142, 248- 253, and 347- 352 of the first parse. Notice anything strange? For those 3 periods of 5 seconds 0 damage occurs and is followed by a spike in dps to exactly what the damage of the next attack is. Kinda weird that a 10k hit (sec 142) can cause a 7k spike in dps almost 2 and a half minutes in to a parse, when most are starting to level out. Looking at the second parse, I noticed the same kind of spikes where occurring (sec 185- 190, 278- 283). I have to admit, i was really scratching my head trying to figure out what the hell was going on with these parses and why they are so spikey? I even specced my sniper to MM and ran a few parses to see if i could duplicate the effect. After a dozen or so unsuccessful attempts i was completely at a loss. That's when it hit me, or I should say I hit the wrong key. I hit my auto attack hot key instead of my orbital strike hot key and got this parse:

http://www.torparse.com/a/306566/1/0/Damage+Dealt

Interesting...exactly 5 seconds from damage until the end of combat and recurring 5 second lapses of no damage in the parses. Coincidence? I'm willing to give both B'oarder and Roovin the benefit of the doubt and say it is. However, it is clear that what we're seeing here is 1 of 2 things:

A) These parses are not single 5 minute+ parses but 2 or 3 shorter parses combined in to 1.

B) Both of these parsers have found an exploit in the way SWTOR and/or TORparse upload combat data

In light of this, I believe the validity of these 2 parses is seriously in question. If anyone out there can provide a better explanation as to why these spikes are happening, I'm all ears.

Edited by Slitharius

Casting orbital strike followed by ambush?

Huge delay right there.

Yup, looks like @142s:

Orbital Strike -> Ambush -> Rifle Shot -> Followthrough

And if you read the actual log:

13:35:22.111 B'oarder's Followthrough hits Operations Training Dummy for 3079 energy damage, causing 3079 threat.

13:35:23.203 B'oarder activates Orbital Strike.

13:35:25.204 B'oarder spends 30 energy.

13:35:25.205 B'oarder activates Take Cover.

13:35:25.697 B'oarder activates Ambush.

13:35:27.299 B'oarder spends 15 energy.

13:35:27.301 B'oarder loses Zeroing Shots.

13:35:27.302 B'oarder gains Followthrough.

13:35:27.391 B'oarder activates Rifle Shot.

13:35:27.544 B'oarder's Rifle Shot hits Operations Training Dummy for 719 energy damage, causing 719 threat.

13:35:27.683 B'oarder's Ambush critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 9432* energy damage, causing 9432 threat!

13:35:27.856 B'oarder's Rifle Shot hits Operations Training Dummy for 729 energy damage, causing 729 threat.

13:35:27.919 B'oarder loses Power Surge.

13:35:28.306 B'oarder's Orbital Strike hits Operations Training Dummy for 3314 elemental damage, causing 3314 threat.

Edited by vdbswong

In light of this, I believe the validity of these 2 parses is seriously in question. If anyone out there can provide a better explanation as to why these spikes are happening, I'm all ears.

Followthrough (instant cast, 1.5s GCD)

Orbital (2s cast)

Ambush (1.5s cast)

5s of no damage, should happen every ~45s. You should also check the log before calling people cheaters.

Edited by namesaretough

Entire HM SnV and NiM TFB if possible.

Here is my log from the last time I did SnV HM, it was an alt alt (read under geared) run and I was initally healing but we determined that we wouldnt have enough dps after wiping to Dash so I got on my shadow. I was balance for everything but Styrak which we only put 1 attempt in I think after hitting enrage and we called it.

SnV HM

Here is the Group log from the night that we killed Dread Guards. I would have to look through and find the other nights we did it in my CL folder since I didnt upload.

NiM Dread Guards Group Log

Here is my log from the last time I did SnV HM, it was an alt alt (read under geared) run and I was initally healing but we determined that we wouldnt have enough dps after wiping to Dash so I got on my shadow. I was balance for everything but Styrak which we only put 1 attempt in I think after hitting enrage and we called it.

SnV HM

Here is the Group log from the night that we killed Dread Guards. I would have to look through and find the other nights we did it in my CL folder since I didnt upload.

NiM Dread Guards Group Log

Thanks :) I posted it on our website. Also if your Slinger has the spare time i made a thread about http://suckafish.enjin.com/forum/m/2482819/viewthread/7583217-gunslinger-nim-dg-hybrid-log. Have to "Join Website". My guildie can not post on swtor forums so most of our convo is on the guild website.

Thanks again! :cool:

Edited by paowee