BIOWARE stop messing with our PvE experience!!!!

Haggardbr

It changes the way you play... deal with it.

Ask those Mercs who got smashed back in 1.2 because of PvP.

It happens. Your range has changed. That's not that big of a deal, it just means adjusting to the difference and moving on... I play a PvE vanguard. It's NOT THAT BAD.

I'm sorry to disagree but IT IS THAT BAD yes... because most bosses in ops and HM FPs do massive damage @ melee range and survivability is key in such situations.

If I keep myself around the 15 ~ 20 meters range, I'll have a lot more chances to survive and leave the healer with less stress and keeping everyone alive.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It changes the way you play... deal with it.

Ask those Mercs who got smashed back in 1.2 because of PvP.

It happens. Your range has changed. That's not that big of a deal, it just means adjusting to the difference and moving on... I play a PvE vanguard. It's NOT THAT BAD.

It changed it to the point where IMHO I think Tactics beats Assault. Running countless parses comparing the two along with real world tests (wzs, fps), they produce around the same DPS (albeit, Assault is more RNG based and can at times out perform or under perform, yet the averages still even out). So, with that in mind, the extra mobility (constant +15% and +30% on demand with 30s CD) with the 30% reduction in AOE damage and while stunned, along with a shorter interrupt, gives Tactics the edge in PVE/PVP (more so for PVP, especially with shorter CD on harpoon). This is just my opinion of course. Believe me, after running Assault for about 6 months now I'm heavily baised in favor of it, but will do what's best for performance and at this point I think that means dropping Assault for PVE/PVP and running a Tactics build instead.

It changed it to the point where IMHO I think Tactics beats Assault. Running countless parses comparing the two along with real world tests (wzs, fps), they produce around the same DPS (albeit, Assault is more RNG based and can at times out perform or under perform, yet the averages still even out). So, with that in mind, the extra mobility (constant +15% and +30% on demand with 30s CD) with the 30% reduction in AOE damage and while stunned, along with a shorter interrupt, gives Tactics the edge in PVE/PVP (more so for PVP, especially with shorter CD on harpoon). This is just my opinion of course. Believe me, after running Assault for about 6 months now I'm heavily baised in favor of it, but will do what's best for performance and at this point I think that means dropping Assault for PVE/PVP and running a Tactics build instead.

Against my will i shelved my vanguard...

I changed my other trooper, a combat medic commando to a gunnery DPS and even using a rifle i can output as much as or even more dps than my old assault vanguard.

The guild i'm part of is in the need for ranged DPS for our raids and ops and i was doing well until the assault vanguard was nerfed. Now even if i switch to tactics, it won't serve me anymore.

This last weekend we ran a 16 men Eternity Vault OP and if i was using my vanguard, due to the melee range, i would've died countless times, even using protection CDs and with the good healers we have.

Even the Ops leader told us to avoid staying in melee range as much as we could.

As a gunnery commando, i could keep myself within the 15 ~ 20 meters range and do A LOT of damage.

I wonder what BW's devs have in their minds to nerf so drastically the range of two of the most used classes in the game, the Vanguards and the Powertechs...

I mean, both of them got 2 of the most powerful abilities nerfed in range... they've dropped from 30 meters to 10 meters!

I mean... WTH!!!??? :mad:

Assault Vangs and Pyro Ptechs already don't have either a 1 min cc nor a gap closer and now this!

In my opinion (and I believe that's not only me that thinks like me) those two classes ARE NOT melee range classes... of course they have close quarters abilities (just like snipers / gunslinger and these are not melee classes) but that doesn't mean we need to be less than 10 meters close to the enemy all the time! Most of our abilities have a 30 meter range (hammer shot, full auto, sitcky grenade and many others).

To me, those classes are more like MEDIUM RANGE classes (15 to 25 meters), a step before the real ranged ones (snipers / gunslingers - 25 to 35 meters) and the melee ones (force users 15 and less).

So why the hell we're getting out abilities range nerfed?

All because of the PvP cry babies I supposed, because they can't work with tactic to take down vangs / ptechs and so they cry and cry over and over again to nerf the classes!

So BW, why don't you give us the ability to use sabers or swords already!???

OR EVEN BETTER why don't you NERF THE WHOLE GAME ALREADY!!!!???

Some may say that this is all QQ'ing, but it's not... I'm complaining (not crying around) about unfair changes to our abilities, changes that will affect PvE more than PvP...

People need to put into their minds that this game is not about PvP only, there are people like me that prefer PvE a lot more!

If there's a class to be nerfed that's the marauders, if one of those guys jump on you, no matter the kind of gear you have or how strong you are, with only 3 or 4 hits, you're down!

Or even better... work to fix the damn resolver bar, or whatever it is to make everything fair for everybody, because I've seen a lot of complaining about this matter too!

So BW, PLEASE, for God's sake...

Stop messing with our PvE experience!!!!

IKR ppl that suck at PvP big time are compaining about "Oh how to kill a pyro powertech?" Nerf them!" I mean cmon really they nerf stuff based on player feedback I think but players get mad because they FAIL:mad:

• 3 weeks later...

I have only done a few pvp warzones. I didn't really like the experience. I am definitely a PvE person. I like doing FPs and Ops. I don't really care for PvP. So I don't think that changing something for PvP should affect PvE. As far as the class differences, there are supposed to be differences. You can't expect a ranged character, i.e. a Vanguard or an Operative to function like a Knight or Inquisitor. Those are mostly ranged classes. They don't get in the thick of it like other DPS classes. They are ranged for a reason. And cutting down the range on their abilities and not adjusting the NPCs abilities the same in PvE is just wrong. This was advertised as a primarily PvE story mode game with PvP. So why should be PvP'ers who whine because the classes are unequal in PvP get to dictate the way things should be. If this is a primarily PvE Story MMO, should we who are not looking to do PvP be the people who dictate it?

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I have only done a few pvp warzones. I didn't really like the experience. I am definitely a PvE person. I like doing FPs and Ops. I don't really care for PvP. So I don't think that changing something for PvP should affect PvE. As far as the class differences, there are supposed to be differences. You can't expect a ranged character, i.e. a Vanguard or an Operative to function like a Knight or Inquisitor. Those are mostly ranged classes. They don't get in the thick of it like other DPS classes. They are ranged for a reason. And cutting down the range on their abilities and not adjusting the NPCs abilities the same in PvE is just wrong. This was advertised as a primarily PvE story mode game with PvP. So why should be PvP'ers who whine because the classes are unequal in PvP get to dictate the way things should be. If this is a primarily PvE Story MMO, should we who are not looking to do PvP be the people who dictate it?

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Only now I saw your response and I agree with you completely. Well said. :)