Non-Healer Sorcs

DaveMcKnight

I'll be frank'; I don't play as a Healer. I prefer dealing damage. So, I recently AC'd as a Sorc with my newest toon on Begeren Colony, but I'm hesitant to do either PVP or Flashpoints due to the tendency I've noticed to assume all Sorcs are healers. Not to mention I hear that Sorcs don't do all that well in PVP anyways....

As far as the PVP goes, I figure I'll just do Defense duty for the most part until I'm a higher level, using the single 'heal' power I have to help whichever Tank hangs back as well (I've noticed that in PVP, this almost always happens: a Tank is left behind to act as a guard, and rarely does anyone else stay behind, even a Healer).

According to some of the stuff I've read online, you can do the Korriban Heroics solo once you've got your AC, so I might go back to Korriban, do those and get said rewards, and then head back to the fleet to queue for Flashpoints and PVP. I just want to get an idea of whether a Non-Healer Sorc is gonna be a bad choice as far as PVP and such is concerned. I've been reading the forum threads, but they seem to go off on tangents about Healer Sorcs being thrashed and less about the other branch of Sorcs....

Right now dps sorcs are a bit underpowered in pvp due to the large quantity of Maras and Juggs. Even though the sorc lacks burst and real survivability there are some people that do great as a sorc dps, just got to learn what to do, and when to do it. If you like the playstyle of the sorc I say go with it and we will see what happens with 2.0, maybe sorcs will be kings of pvp again.

i do fine..

i havnt come across anyone that i couldnt beat in a duel and generally in wz's if they come at me without all their cooldowns i definitely will beat them.. seeing as sorcs have no cooldowns to worry about..

the key to doing well is staying mobile.. falling back to ur team if focused..

the problem with sorcs in rateds is although we can punch out big damage done numbers.. none of it is bursty or threatening.. its easily healed through.. my smash jugg who is less geared than my sorc is a huge threat cause his dmg comes in big chunks.. where in sync with another bursty dps is deadly to a healer...

i for one am enjoying this little rough patch for sorcs.. before when they were melting people easily there were wayy too many around so i like being in the slight minority

Well, I decided to grit my teeth and enter the maelstrom with my Sorc. Wanna hear the funny thing? I got 16 kills in my first WZ. On both my Tanks I had plus my Shadow, I had all of 4 kills or less in the first WZs on those. Of course, I did die quite a bit. After a while, I noticed how it would happen: I'd go after this Tank who was about five levels above me, and he had a Sorc buddy who would attack me and heal him. Sometimes I'd get him, but sometimes not. It would depend on if someone got after the other Sorc (who was about 10 levels higher than me).

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, my Sorc is named Kaisan Viridian. He's on Begeren Colony; I'm a level 16, nearly 17, on Korriban. I'm just about to go report to Zash on my success at Grathan's Compound. Reason I'm leveled that high: WZs. I did a regular one, than the Daily of Zero Tolerance.

Maybe once I get to 50 (this time this Sorc is going all the way), I'll switch over to Heal Spec. BUt for now, I'm gonna enjoy a Sith Sorc who can actually kick a little *** in PVE/PVP.... even if I am on an RP server :D.

Well, I decided to grit my teeth and enter the maelstrom with my Sorc. Wanna hear the funny thing? I got 16 kills in my first WZ. On both my Tanks I had plus my Shadow, I had all of 4 kills or less in the first WZs on those. Of course, I did die quite a bit. After a while, I noticed how it would happen: I'd go after this Tank who was about five levels above me, and he had a Sorc buddy who would attack me and heal him. Sometimes I'd get him, but sometimes not. It would depend on if someone got after the other Sorc (who was about 10 levels higher than me).

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, my Sorc is named Kaisan Viridian. He's on Begeren Colony; I'm a level 16, nearly 17, on Korriban. I'm just about to go report to Zash on my success at Grathan's Compound. Reason I'm leveled that high: WZs. I did a regular one, than the Daily of Zero Tolerance.

Maybe once I get to 50 (this time this Sorc is going all the way), I'll switch over to Heal Spec. BUt for now, I'm gonna enjoy a Sith Sorc who can actually kick a little *** in PVE/PVP.... even if I am on an RP server :D.

if u like doing dmg ur best sorc lvls for lowbie start in the 30s, go a nice hybrid build and stay mobile...i generally go 16 pts into madness then head into the lightning tree from there. i have a 50 sorc a 50 sage and a 42 sage

if u like doing dmg ur best sorc lvls for lowbie start in the 30s, go a nice hybrid build and stay mobile...i generally go 16 pts into madness then head into the lightning tree from there. i have a 50 sorc a 50 sage and a 42 sage

I've started with Lightning tree, myself. So far, its doing pretty good.

I' ve seen sorcs put some gaudy numbers in PVP for DPS even as a level 50. I don't know what they spec but I can tell you many of them can put up 500k damage. However it seemed it was always on a winning side when they did which means they weren't getting damaged much.

I' ve seen sorcs put some gaudy numbers in PVP for DPS even as a level 50. I don't know what they spec but I can tell you many of them can put up 500k damage. However it seemed it was always on a winning side when they did which means they weren't getting damaged much.

Sorc can generate big numbers, but not the most useful one. Mostly, lots of aoe, and tab affliction. When left alone, dps sorc sure can bring very nice aoe pressure on a brawl, taxing the healers and generating a lot of nice number for himself.

If you check which class gets "high" damage on WZ, there is always an AoE part to their dps.

Sorc can generate big numbers, but not the most useful one. Mostly, lots of aoe, and tab affliction. When left alone, dps sorc sure can bring very nice aoe pressure on a brawl, taxing the healers and generating a lot of nice number for himself.

If you check which class gets "high" damage on WZ, there is always an AoE part to their dps.

I agree. Sorcs are like snipers. Squishy but dangerous when not addressed. If you have one flying under the radar can help significantly.