Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

Mandalin

my immortal jug had no problem with Toborro, but my pyrotech had loads.

couldn't target refueling droids on the raised platform (didn't matter if droid's nameplate was red or yellow). I had to be right next to the platform where Toborro was on or on it.

The fuel rods didn't drop well either. They rarely dropped

a sorcerer would have an easier time of it with earthquake and lightning storm available for aoe to take out the refueling droids.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont get how so many people dont understand to just not stand in front of the giant freaking laser beam...

see that little passive button on your companion that makes him follow you and not attack? yeah, use that to drag him out of the laser beam area too and the quest is super easy.

I baffle that players actually make to post 50 without being able to micro manage companion or utilize basic tactics like not standing in bad.

Let me share, what i friend and I learned...

It is good, if you have a healer pet, and keep him in passive, until you need healing.

Now here it the trick:

Make sure you defeated all the mobs at the room area before the archon.

Go fight the archon, kill bots, and use the yellow rods the robots drop to destroy generators, you may not need to do this, but trust me defeating the baddie will go much faster.

Now after a time, you will get hurt, leave the room and as you leave hang a left and go as far left you can with out leaving that second room.

This is important. The baddie does not reset, but you are considered disengaged and can then remove the passive of your pet and have him heal you. Once healed, place him back in passive, and go back to killing bots and damaging the archon, this will be a wash, rinse and repeat process, but you can do it, relativley safely. Its more of a patience test, more than anything else. I do suggest by the time you are down to 30% left of health, go and get healed.

If you have two players, it works great, because you can one player attack, while the otehr heals.

Sue

Thanks. I wiped like 5 times last night on my marauder. I was focusing on the droids too much and not the Archon, and eventually ran out of health. Dodging the beam was easy, its the other damage that did me in. I will try your tactic tonight.

Let me share, what i friend and I learned...

It is good, if you have a healer pet, and keep him in passive, until you need healing.

Now here it the trick:

Make sure you defeated all the mobs at the room area before the archon.

Go fight the archon, kill bots, and use the yellow rods the robots drop to destroy generators, you may not need to do this, but trust me defeating the baddie will go much faster.

Now after a time, you will get hurt, leave the room and as you leave hang a left and go as far left you can with out leaving that second room.

This is important. The baddie does not reset, but you are considered disengaged and can then remove the passive of your pet and have him heal you. Once healed, place him back in passive, and go back to killing bots and damaging the archon, this will be a wash, rinse and repeat process, but you can do it, relativley safely. Its more of a patience test, more than anything else. I do suggest by the time you are down to 30% left of health, go and get healed.

If you have two players, it works great, because you can one player attack, while the otehr heals.

Sue

Did this on my sniper a couple weeks ago, specced Marksman.

Fight went something like: activate heroic moment, legacy orbital strike, orbital strike, pretty basic MMS sniper rotation.

Poor thing died in under a minute if I recall correctly.

I soloed this with on Republic side and it was hard but ok. Took me two tries.

Now i'm playing the empire version and this is a very different story!! I failed every single time so far. The problem is that he does that thing where you get thrown back to the end of the room and slowed and shoot upon. I have no idea how to deal with this properly. Also the generator does not open up for me. I destroy the bots, pick up the fuel rod but i cannot destroy the generator because the red force field is blocking the way.

Can anyone help?

I soloed this with on Republic side and it was hard but ok. Took me two tries.

Now i'm playing the empire version and this is a very different story!! I failed every single time so far. The problem is that he does that thing where you get thrown back to the end of the room and slowed and shoot upon. I have no idea how to deal with this properly. Also the generator does not open up for me. I destroy the bots, pick up the fuel rod but i cannot destroy the generator because the red force field is blocking the way.

Can anyone help?

1. For the red lazer of death, at the second you get ported to mid, start making your way behind the pillars that are next to you. They will protect you.

2. You just have to wait I guess. The forcefield will lower at some point.

Hope this helps. Didn't help me, though.

The first time I did this I got killed out right due to laser beam. I was like "Oh so thats how your going to play". Took me a few tries but I got him. I was on my jug with quinn. I did not even have to leave the room or bother with the droids (took longer) but quinn kept me healed and I was fine. It is just when you get thrown in the middle go to the left or right at once. Wait for him to fire the beam go in do damage rinse and repeat. For some reason however I think quinn was bugged because he took the laser beam to the face and survived everytime.

I did it as a marauder with vette. Died the first time as I had no idea of mechanics.

2nd time I started the attack off to the side so vette wouldnt get hit by the giant laser thingy, then I just ran around killing refuelling droidswhilst dropping bleeds on archon for my heals, vette took him down .

I didnt do the thing at the back as I totally missed when the shields came down , but other than that it was fairly simple once I realised what was going on.

this quest needs to be easier. fewer droids maybe.

lol

really

really

really

really

really

ok lets dumb down the fight it's too hard jedi ewokcarebear's have landed........this type of crap is why i quit wow the dumbing down and making things easy when you can't beat it solo complaint......group up

or how about this you can use cartel points to buy a win that should please the ewokcarebears.

Edited by JediJonesJr

Just out of curiosity, did all of you going "lolz, itz supa eazee, foo" run this solo?

I ran it last night with a full team of guildies and it took us a few wipes to get through this as the refueling droids were plentiful and Strong rather than Regular mobs.

Lots of the game content gets considerably harder as soon as you have 3 or more players in a team. The additional mobs it drops in to try and balance the encounters can present quite a challenge on occasion.

Yikes,

When I complained about this mission being too difficult I didn't really think I'd get 18,000+ views.

Folks on this forum really do like to flock to complainers huh? :p

If you're up for it, I have another thread I would love to get some views on! Perhaps that will lure the BW folks there as well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=452555

Cheers

Mandalin

Edited by Mandalin

I did it solo on my 53 Powertech Tank with Mako. I died a couple times before I realized that you had to side step that laser. I grouped for it on my 55 Sorcerer DPS. I may try to solo it on my Marauder here soon.

On my PT it was quite simple. I was able to do it while distracted by my daughter. I wasn't taking a lot of damage, and once you blow both of the cells. It gets easy. Save your heroic moment for this point, and pop all of your legacy abilities.

Struggling to clear this on my sniper ( running lethality) doesnt help that there seems to be a constant delay in trying to get skills to work i just seem to slow and squishy , only came back to the game recently but was doing OPs in Hm before i left and have been an end game raider in other mmo's for years so a must just be one of those noobs who needs to learn to play there class it seems.

Edit - also had him at 5% or something then cant hit him with some sorta lame skill lag few times rather annoying.

Edited by calabam

I think the difficulties vary from class to gear to spec. Had problems with 'em on a Deception 'Sin. Switched to Madness and one-shot easily. As Deception I'm only doing damage to him when I do damage to him and you have to stare at your buff bar a lot which makes it harder to concentrate on the mechanics of the fight. Add to that a positional requirement limiting your movement to avoid circles and the fact that while you're killing the droids you're not killing the boss and it's obvious. Madness on the other hand you can just DoT up the boss in between droid spawns and then kill the droids while your DoT's are ticking. Just ran around the boss doing that and there was no trouble at all. Another thing is putting your companion on passive like was already mentioned. IMO, though, that's a problem with the game bugging out and you shouldn't have to constantly do that for your companion to heal you. Your companion should heal you regardless.

I soloed it easy on my assassin tank, just yanked him to the the other end of the room, the droids do not move to him so he gets no recharge, then I just beat him to a pulp, bit slow but effective. Talos had no problem keeping me healed up. No laser dodging since he does not recharge when out of range of the immobile droids.

Difficulty is really based off spec and class. My sniper for example had a difficult time as he was constantly interupted with aoe dodge that will smash your health. My juggernaut had no problem killing him with DPS companion, and my healer was way too slow in killing droids.

This is the most nightmarish solo fight I have yet encountered in this game.

I did it as a healing-specced operative, level 54, in Tionese gear, and basically with no companion. Vector died each time I tried the fight in about 30-60 seconds, and I could not heal him fast enough, even when I pulled him away from the Archon by putting him on passive. I gave up using a companion and just kept going with the fight. I couldn't do much damage to the Archon no matter what I tried. He would do that pull to the front of the room every minute and by the time I ran back to him, he had usually started healing himself. I couldn't get him down below 50% health.

So I ignored him and focused on the droids and healing myself. That takes F-o-r-e-v-e-r. Eventually, one wall came down behind him, but the first time I missed it and lost my chance at blowing up the power cores in the back. Second time I got one. Then, eventually...like 10 minutes later it seemed, the other wall came down and I got that one too. This didn't seem to help very much.

I kept at the droids, kept at healing myself, kept running and rolling out of lasers and red circles....and eventually the droids do actually stop coming! :eek:

Then, finally, finally, I was able to focus on the Archon. That was a slow race to the death, with me standing underneath him plinking away at him with tiny blaster bolts and papercuts from my knives, while he blasted holes in me and I tried to heal myself to stay alive.

Finally, I beat him.

I think I will have nightmares about this fight for the rest of my life. :rolleyes: The whole thing took me at least 20-25 minutes.

Edited by CloudCastle

I managed to solo it first time, I just killed the first round of droids, then destroyed one of the power cores then rinse repeat the droids whilst hitting the mob, then destroyed the second core, then just rinse repeat again with the droids and dps.

Edited by Scyllia

I really don't care if all you hardasses did it on level ten, naked and with your hands tied to your back. :rolleyes: I know what I have to do, and I still can't beat this. I'm on a Juggernaut, with Quinn as healer and the Archon beats my ***. I am officially in "Eff this, I take my ball and go home mode" now.

And why the hell are all the vids for Inquisitors anyway?!

I'm almost level 53 and simply cannot get it done. Too often none of my abilities execute so I can't keep the refueling bots off the slug. Is this not a one-person mission?

the quest is a derp check... if you exepute too many derps per minute you cannot complete it... if you are derp free you feel the fight is a disapointment.

the quest is a derp check... if you exepute too many derps per minute you cannot complete it... if you are derp free you feel the fight is a disapointment.

The quest is a healer companion gear check. Couldn't do it with my sniper (who had Lokin in the gear he was in when I got him) but one-shotted it easily with my assassin tank (fully geared Talos with 20k hp) without ever dropping beneath 80%. Both level 54, both in wh/ewh gear, only difference was that one was ranged dps with a crappy geared healer and another was a tank with a geared healer.

Also, imo classes that don't have to stand still in able to do damage are easier in this fight. With my sniper I noticed that if I was casting something (from cover) and the red circle appeared beneath me, the only way to get out of that was to use my roll. If my roll was on cd, I couldn't run fast enough to avoid the aoe. With my assassin, the only time I ever had to stop was to cast force lightning, and I don't think I was caught in a single aoe during the whole fight.

After doing it twice, in empire and in republic ** I think the republic one is a lot easier. First the area where the bot stands is more open in republic, then there are no chargerbots to destroy. Ofcourse doing it with relatively well geared tank vs. lesser geared sniper adds more challenge to the empire version.

** yes, I know its a different hutt, different bot and different story in empire and republic. The fights are quite similar still.

This mission is too difficult because:

1. The droids don't spawn the items you need to take out the generators. It worked for me the first time but when I died the first time, they never dropped off the droids again when I tried to finish the mission, even on later attempts with friends.

2. You can't tab-target the droids. A bug plain and simple. Why should we have to manually target these droids that are nothing more than adds to a boss?

3. When you do target the droids, manually of course, LOS bugs prevent you from hitting them EVEN WHEN STANDING LESS THAN FOUR METERS AWAY. An even worse bug. This occurs primarily on the left side before the droids get up to the raised platform.

I love the Makeb content and story. The cut scene after this mission to close the story arc (the one with the sith lord panning away from the bridge) was great. But these bugs deflate the worth of this content. They are a real downer to the apex of the story and BW can do better than this.