melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

Heh..yeah this was so hard to figure out....I swear no patience in the world today!!!

Thank you Joevth for your response...now we gata wait and see how's the first.."Why not melee first then blasters??"..post.:rolleyes:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You completely missed the point.

You see.. those are Bind to Legacy weapons.

Past the actual stat specifics, what those guns allow you do is this : move barrels (which you previously couldn`t) between alts and crystals. Mods and enhancements and armorings you can move already by use of Legacy Armor.

What this event enabled players to do was this: add means to move EVERYTHING between alts, EXCEPT hilts.

So, no.. the big uproar isn`t about a lame gun, or that it is blaster rifle or sniper and who can use them. There are enough designs for each class as they are already. It is about the fact that effective now, people can move barrels among alts, but not hilts, discriminating players that do want to move said hilts until next event, which might come tomorrow or in 4 months. I am sorry.. but 4 months is too much.

Oh yay. What luck. I can move barrels and crystals. F*** me im so happy. (If you cant tell, im being sarcastic)

I have 6 Jedi/Sith and hence the only thing id be doing is transfering crystals, but if they had been kind enough to simply add a saber aswell, or set of sabers as well as the bowcasters, id be able to transfer the things i actually wanted to, without troopers/Agents/Smugglers/Bounty hunters suffering

Heh..yeah this was so hard to figure out....I swear no patience in the world today!!!

Thank you Joevth for your response...now we gata wait and see how's the first.."Why not melee first then blasters??"..post.:rolleyes:

Or how about they take 10 extra minutes and make something for everyone. It only makes sense not to disclude a section of the playerbase. A rather large one at that.

YEAH I AM SO MAD THAT THEY PUT SOMETHING IN THAT I CAN USE ON ONE TOON ON PUB SIDE AND ONE TOON ON EMP SIDE, GRRRR. really? I have 8 toons, my vanguard and sniper were the ones who got weapons out of this. Ya don't see me ************ that my main didn't get a fancy saber or that I didn't get bowcaster pistols because the weapons weren't HUGE upgrades, I replaced the mods in the bowcasters anyways. Edited by Reynaga

Or how about they take 10 extra minutes and make something for everyone. It only makes sense not to disclude a section of the playerbase. A rather large one at that.

They aren't exactly discluded when you include the bloodguard armor set. Everything is pretty much transferable except for hilts(which will unfortunate that it does discriminate against the player base is objectively a good thing).

GAR rewards vs Rak Rewards

BoL everything but hilt slots Social Gear&Color Crystals

Speeder No speeder

Pet Pet

The rewards this time are wayyyyyyyyy better.

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

While you may have taken the time to explain the reasoning it doesn't help with the point you have left most of the other classes out of the rewards .

From my understanding the rewards from the last event everyone was able to use the crystals. Unfortunely here only one class on the repubic can use the weapons and either one or two from the imperial.

You put in an event to get people to do something yet you don't include them in the rewards. How is that going to want them to do this event which I also understand has been problems doing the event considering the way it was desgined.

Sure there might be a speeder, a funny looking pet (which you find on Quesh) and Sand people armor (which you can get sure might be a little different from the social armor you can get.)

When you do the next event why don't you add things that are unique and that everyone can enjoy instead of just a few. To have people do the event you need to make the rewards worth the time they put in it . You also need to take into consideration the servers population now. The last time we had more servers so it was easier for people to do things. This time you have less server with more people doing things so you need to work something out so problems don't exist when people are doing the event. You need to look at all this when you are planning an event, not just throw it out there with no planning. Remember some people will be helpful but there are some that will not so you need to take all this into consideration when planning an event such as this.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Sure there might be a speeder, a funny looking pet (which you find on Quesh) and Sand people armor (which you can get sure might be a little different from the social armor you can get.)

The difference between the two suits being that one will be Bind on Legacy. :eek:

The weapons themselves suck, what they're useful for is transferring mods and such. Yes its a shame that its not possible to transfer hilts yet. Everything else though, will be transferable as a result of BoL weapons and BoL armor.

Hi folks,

I understand that you had a reason, but having a reasoning behind a decision does not necessarily make the decision a good one.

By choosing to make the event cater to a VERY narrow selection of classes, this only served to drastically reduce the positive experiences players had with this event. And according to your reasons listed above, not only does this not solve the issue of excluding the vast majority of classes, but you clearly stated that you plan to do the exact same thing again next time. How does this help?

I tried to get excited about this event. But going through the very tedious quests for absolutely ZERO rewards worth mentioning, makes it very difficult to enjoy.

1) You included a Tier 1 speeder. Fine. This event was to include players of all levels. But why, in the name of the Jawa gods, would I ride a Tier 1 speeder after spending 300k+ credits to obtain Tier 3 training? I spent 500k+, because I got my training before the cost reduction. After spending that much money, why would I still use a Tier 1 speeder?

Why not include a speeder for all tiers? Why not make an adaptable speeder?

2) You only included weapons of Blaster Rifle and Sniper Rifle type. Fine. But why would I spend my time doing a quest for a reward that I am unable to use myself, or on any of my companions? As a Bounty Hunter, I am unable to use Blaster Rifles (an argument for another time), but neither can any of my companions, save one! And due to game mechanics, I am all but forced to take my healer companion, reducing that shiny new weapon I got to nothing more than an icon in my Crew Skill window.

If you wanted to focus on these weapons for the event, fine, buy why not include something useable by the rest of us? Why not at least include a crystal?

You made an event that could have been a lot of fun for everyone. But due to some VERY poor decision making with limited foresight, this event has become nothing more than head-scratching frustration for the players.

Hi folks,

You know people.. This isn't rocket science..

Basically what is being said here is that this event is for the people that can use the bowcaster..

It also says that other events that are either in the works or comming will have items for classes other than those that can use the bowcaster..

Get it?? This really is simple.. Many people suspected this when they frist saw what the vendor sold and didn't sell.. If you all think that force users and other non bowcaster weapon classes are going to be jipped, then perhaps you should think again..

Whiners are going to whine.. I know that.. But seriously.. There is nothing here to whine about.. Just play the game and enjoy a good scavenger hunt... :)

Edited by MajikMyst

1) You included a Tier 1 speeder. Fine. This event was to include players of all levels. But why, in the name of the Jawa gods, would I ride a Tier 1 speeder after spending 300k+ credits to obtain Tier 3 training? I spent 500k+, because I got my training before the cost reduction. After spending that much money, why would I still use a Tier 1 speeder?

Why not include a speeder for all tiers? Why not make an adaptable speeder?

2) You only included weapons of Blaster Rifle and Sniper Rifle type. Fine. But why would I spend my time doing a quest for a reward that I am unable to use myself, or on any of my companions? As a Bounty Hunter, I am unable to use Blaster Rifles (an argument for another time), but neither can any of my companions, save one! And due to game mechanics, I am all but forced to take my healer companion, reducing that shiny new weapon I got to nothing more than an icon in my Crew Skill window..

The speeder is tier 1 because it is a peice of scrap.. (Hence the name scrapper.) Have you looked at the thing?? The front end pointing one way and the back end pointing another.. Blown engine.. Sparks flying everywhere.. I can't understand how anyone can complain about it's speed.. Just looking at it, it is a wonder that it even moves.. Seriously.. Realistically speaking.. This mount should only be Tier 1.. It is a broken down beat up speeder..

Their decision making is fine.. I see nothing wrong with spreading goodies for the different classes across multiple events.. I see no reason for anyone to complain about this either.. But as I said in my post above.. Some people are just going to whine to whine.. Read my post above as a response to your second question.. Since the bioware response appearantly wasn't good enough.. :(

Edited by MajikMyst

There is also lack of content. I have been here since early release and am on my 5th toon running through. I have done all the flashpoints, planetary quests, ops in normal and hard mode, rakghoul event and PvP warzones up the ying-yang. Please enlighten me as to what else there is too do once you have done all this stuff multiple times over? There are no sandbox elements (such as pazaak, ship customization, housing, sabaac, pod and swoop racing, holochess or gambling on Nar Shadda) so everything else, for those that have been here since launch, is done multiple times over.

Now we have what would have been patch 1.4 broken apart and going to be served in elements of one thing every six weeks. Yeah, BioWare is doing a GREAT job. It's us players who are the problem.

Quoted for truth.

You know people.. This isn't rocket science..

Basically what is being said here is that this event is for the people that can use the bowcaster..

It also says that other events that are either in the works or comming will have items for classes other than those that can use the bowcaster..

Get it?? This really is simple.. Many people suspected this when they frist saw what the vendor sold and didn't sell.. If you all think that force users and other non bowcaster weapon classes are going to be jipped, then perhaps you should think again..

Whiners are going to whine.. I know that.. But seriously.. There is nothing here to whine about.. Just play the game and enjoy a good scavenger hunt... :)

Recent interview by DarthHater with Gabe Amatangnelo (sp?) reveals that they plan the next event to hit in January, but that he can't promise it. So you're looking at a 5~ months wait. Your argument is effectively refuted.

Recent interview by DarthHater with Gabe Amatangnelo (sp?) reveals that they plan the next event to hit in January, but that he can't promise it. So you're looking at a 5~ months wait. Your argument is effectively refuted.

Actually it isn't.. Since when is there any kind of a time limit and since when do you get to define it?? If your arguement is 5 months.. Then you simply have no arguement.. Even if the next event is 5 years from now, the arguement still applies.. There is no time limit.. Bioware is the only one that can set a time frame.. Not us..

So actually no.. My arguement is not refuted..

I just don't see the point in trying to justify a reason to whine when there is none..

Edited by MajikMyst

Actually it isn't.. I was unaware there was a time limit for any of this.. If your arguement is 5 months.. Then you simply have no arguement.. Even if the next event is 5 years from now, the arguement still applies.. There is no time limit.. Bioware is the only one that can set a time frame.. Not us..

I just don't see the point in trying to justify a reason to whine when there is none..

You don't need to try and find a reason to justify the complaints, the reason is self-explanatory. With this current event half of the classes are now able to a) gain an increase to some of their stats, b) transfer part of their weapons from one character to another whilst the other half of the advanced classes cannot and are looking at having to wait 5 months at the very least. It doesn't matter how you dress it, some player characters are not benefiting from this event and are looking at almost half a years wait until they can reap the same benefits that other players are getting now, and you expect people to be happy with that?

FAIL! thats really al i can think of to say with regard to this and the policy behind the rewards for this event. Nothing but a big fail by the Devs for creating an event with limited class specific rewards. Guess BW really is saving all the good stuff for the cash shop now. Edited by Anvil

Actually it isn't.. Since when is there any kind of a time limit and since when do you get to define it?? If your arguement is 5 months.. Then you simply have no arguement.. Even if the next event is 5 years from now, the arguement still applies.. There is no time limit.. Bioware is the only one that can set a time frame.. Not us..

I am not setting a time limit. I am referring to what one of their own lead developers cited as their GOAL for the next event, which he also stated they may or may not make. I am not presenting an argument; I am referring to what is arguably one of the most reliable sources of fact. That fact happened to pertain to your argument, and utterly refute your opinion. That is still the case.

Gabe Amatagnelo stated the goal for releasing the next event was January. That is our best estimate currently. And it is fundamentally problematic because it validates all the opinions that you derogate as 'whine', even though people raise some poignant issues and questions some dubious design choices.

However, I suspect it's pointless applying to your common sense, since you have already once disregarded obvious facts from reliable sources. I'd also find this hilarious if it wasn't outright tragic:

- People have a right to an opinion. People's reason for 'whining' are their own. Some are substantiated and well-argued, others are more impulsive knee-jerk reactions. However, believing yourself to be the arbiter of what constitutes good reason for people voicing their opinion is a slippery slope at best. You should strive to refrain from doing it. Edited by Maltuvion

Yeah it is actually, rewards only being available to a minority of classes only works if events are frequent. From all the information we have events in this game won't be frequent. God knows why not I mean this event looks like it was produced in a day.

You don't need to try and find a reason to justify the complaints, the reason is self-explanatory. With this current event half of the classes are now able to a) gain an increase to some of their stats, b) transfer part of their weapons from one character to another whilst the other half of the advanced classes cannot and are looking at having to wait 5 months at the very least. It doesn't matter how you dress it, some player characters are not benefiting from this event and are looking at almost half a years wait until they can reap the same benefits that other players are getting now, and you expect people to be happy with that?

Part A I'm relatively confused by since there aren't any good items in the vendor stat wise. No one is getting an upgrade from recruit gear there.

Part B., all ACs can transfer everything but the hilt with the weapons. Also, with bloodguard armor becoming bind on legacy, everyone will be able to transfer their boots, legs,bracers,helmets,chests, and belts as well.

The people who are complaining about being unable to transfer the hilts have a valid complaint. The other complaints about the BoL stuff being useless to people is from people who are uninformed.

I thought the event was good..... even tho my mains are a Jedi Guardian and a Gunslinger.... I still got a couple sets of the sand people armor and a few weapons for when I roll a Agent and/or Trooper alt.... I Also like the RP Bike that sparks and spews out smoke, thought it was pretty cool... I thought it was smart to make it only a tier one bike, otherwise to many people would use it as their main vehicle and it would become annoying seeing sparking smoking bikes all over the place..

I do think in the future it might be wiser to have items for all classes....

Rakghoul Event : 9/10

Chevin Event: 6.5/10

Edited by Monoth

Hi folks,

Oh lucky us, it's only been 4 months between events. :p

I can see why the limited selection of weapons was disappointing for many. My main is a Smuggler, and only my baby Operative alt will be able to use one of the bowcasters.

But, I figure it at least sort of balances out the fact that it was color crystals for the last event. Yes, my Smuggler healer and my Operative can use color crystals, but let us be honest here -- overall, color crystals are far less fun and interesting to gun-wielders than they are to Force users. You can't see the color of the crystal unless you are actively shooting something, and even then, special attacks (including, y'know, healing) do not change color with the crystal. But with lightsabers, you can see the color crystal so long as the weapon is not sheathed.

And for both events, the rewards can at least be equipped by Companions. I do think that this event favors rifle users more than the previous event favored lightsaber users, but hopefully future events will balance things out (something unique looking for my Smuggler, pretty please? That is not only seen on the occasion that she uses her basic attack?).

^ This. My main is a smuggler as well and at the time of the Rakghoul event I had an agent, a bounty hunter an a trooper alt and I was not excited about the crystals at all. I think we already had the rewards for force users that people seem to be missing in this event. and I think there will be stuff for bounty hunters and smugglers in the next event (and damn, am I looking forward to that!)