Give the PvP'ers a Limited Time In-game Event!

KhalDrogoe

Alright Bio-Ware. I was discussing with some friends about the Gree event that went away for a week or so and then came back. Then a light bulb clicked! What better way to reward the PvP crowd than to create a recurring PvP EVENT!

Some ideas are as follows:

Make it like a Hutt sponsored tournament. Imps vs. Pubs 4v4 or 8v8

You can promote a server wide effort by not allowing any teams to queue for it, would have to be solo queue only. Or normal queue rules could still apply, up to you of course.

Whenever a team wins a match it tallies onto a giant scoreboard or something, could even have like the fund raising thermometers and you have to fill it with imp/pub blood. The more wins server wide your faction racks up certain rewards or pve missions (give the pve'ers something to do) or vendors you have access to.

You can even throw it in to your reputation pool kick that you have going on now, and the only way to gain reputation is by participating in the tournament. Like valor/comms for win/loss now. Heck you could even award the currency needed to buy the stuff as well so people will continue to queue even after they've maxed their rep for the week!

Maybe some other folks can add some other ideas they would like to see for a pvp event.

Rewards

Now me personally, on the loading screen I've seen that the pvp crates are supposed to have some sort of extremely rare combat reusable that no one has ever seen. Maybe the ultimate reward is whoever fills up their thermometer the fastest has the ability to buy a warzone medpac that doesn't get consumed on use, or warzone adrenal that doesn't get consumed on use.

For getting Legend with the faction you can buy some sort've gaudy and large unique speeder.

A Solid Black color crystal with expertise.

Then a slew of new PvP gear and other rewards based on reputation standing.

I think a gesture like this would really show the PvP community that you haven't neglected them and you still care enough to do something special for them.

While I like the idea of ANYTHING added to PvP, I dont think that should be the 1st baby step to fixing PvP.

Baby step 1: Add kill rewards for all OWPvP. Diminishing rewards for level difference(ie 25% off each level, so for 2 level difference 50% rewards to prevent higher levels farming lowbies) and diminishing rewards for time (ie 10% off for each minute after they were recently killed, for exampe 100% for 1st minute, 50% at 5 mins, 30% at 7 mins, until they are worth full rewards again @ 10 mins) This needs to be in effect on all PvP planets like Voss, Hoth, Tat....

Baby Steps 2: Valor Skill Tree

Baby Step 3: OW PvP Objectives (relics, bases, starports, etc)

Baby Step 4: Insert your Event here. Or have other random events or short term objectives to inspire PvP in odd places. Maybe a pvp event in a persistent version of Void Star or some other star ship.

Baby Step 5: Space Mission PvP (guild ships and personal)

Edited by Warshades

Alright Bio-Ware. I was discussing with some friends about the Gree event that went away for a week or so and then came back. Then a light bulb clicked! What better way to reward the PvP crowd than to create a recurring PvP EVENT!

Some ideas are as follows:

Make it like a Hutt sponsored tournament. Imps vs. Pubs 4v4 or 8v8

You can promote a server wide effort by not allowing any teams to queue for it, would have to be solo queue only. Or normal queue rules could still apply, up to you of course.

Whenever a team wins a match it tallies onto a giant scoreboard or something, could even have like the fund raising thermometers and you have to fill it with imp/pub blood. The more wins server wide your faction racks up certain rewards or pve missions (give the pve'ers something to do) or vendors you have access to.

You can even throw it in to your reputation pool kick that you have going on now, and the only way to gain reputation is by participating in the tournament. Like valor/comms for win/loss now. Heck you could even award the currency needed to buy the stuff as well so people will continue to queue even after they've maxed their rep for the week!

Maybe some other folks can add some other ideas they would like to see for a pvp event.

Rewards

Now me personally, on the loading screen I've seen that the pvp crates are supposed to have some sort of extremely rare combat reusable that no one has ever seen. Maybe the ultimate reward is whoever fills up their thermometer the fastest has the ability to buy a warzone medpac that doesn't get consumed on use, or warzone adrenal that doesn't get consumed on use.

For getting Legend with the faction you can buy some sort've gaudy and large unique speeder.

A Solid Black color crystal with expertise.

Then a slew of new PvP gear and other rewards based on reputation standing.

I think a gesture like this would really show the PvP community that you haven't neglected them and you still care enough to do something special for them.

^FAIL

I don't get you peoples obsession with killing premades... If you want to PUG pvp and play by yourself.. go down to walmart or gamestop and pick up a copy of Call of Duty and have at it.. This is a MMORPG its meant to be played with friends and others.. the lack of group dynamics in this game is astounding and you all push for more of it.. its just sad.

^FAIL

I don't get you peoples obsession with killing premades... If you want to PUG pvp and play by yourself.. go down to walmart or gamestop and pick up a copy of Call of Duty and have at it.. This is a MMORPG its meant to be played with friends and others.. the lack of group dynamics in this game is astounding and you all push for more of it.. its just sad.

^^^^ aka PLEASE OH PLEASE LET ME KEEP MY PREMADE GROUP, i can't win if i pug like everyone else because.... im just not good enough.

lol g.t.f.o kid. the casual players will make this game far more money than the hardcore gamers, which are also most premade groups. if you are such a badazz go join ranked. oh wait because you really aren't that good unless you have a pocket healer.

I'm not saying these are steadfast rules. I'm just giving ideas to BW. If there was a NPC that you had to talk to in order to queue up for this event then they could control whether or not they would allow solo or up to 16 person queues. The idea behind solo queue only is to promote SERVER wide solidarity not which guilds are better. Edited by KhalDrogoe

^^^^ aka PLEASE OH PLEASE LET ME KEEP MY PREMADE GROUP, i can't win if i pug like everyone else because.... im just not good enough.

lol g.t.f.o kid. the casual players will make this game far more money than the hardcore gamers, which are also most premade groups. if you are such a badazz go join ranked. oh wait because you really aren't that good unless you have a pocket healer.

U mad bro?

I sense a lot of anger towards people playing together.. Were you always picked last in school? Someone says they like to play with other people you start raging about who is a badazz and who is good with pocket healers and such.. no one said anything about any of that.. such a shame.. its quite pathetic. That is exactly how an anti-social idiot would act..

Yesssss, give in to your anger. Rateds are an inside joke the devs are having a good laugh about.

U mad bro?

I sense a lot of anger towards people playing together.. Were you always picked last in school? Someone says they like to play with other people you start raging about who is a badazz and who is good with pocket healers and such.. no one said anything about any of that.. such a shame.. its quite pathetic. That is exactly how an anti-social idiot would act..

In the end, the best possible solution must be to only allow Pug vs Pug and Premade vs Premade though? At this time, i suppose queue times would increase dramatically for premades - so i agree that it's out of the question currently, but if they ever managed to dish out a system that allowed fast queues such as x-server queues...

Can't blame a guy for not wanting to face premades in a PUG, and can't blame another guy for wanting to queue with his friends either.

BioWare's "Among the best in the world" pvp-devteam are the ones that chose to implement pvp in it's current form, and i can only hope they will come up with a solution that allows us to play the way we prefer.

aka the "Premaders are by nature bad players, and I am so awesome that if I chose to group up with even one other person, I would destroy everything in sight, but I don't because I like the personal challenge of playing solo, and losing" angle. Kid.

I would like to have some kind of HB tourney of some type but that will never happen...

^^^^ aka PLEASE STOP WHOOPING MY A** BECAUSE I DONT WANT GROUP WITH PEOPLE.

lol g.t.f.o kid.

Edited by ForsakenKing

Thank you Forsaken, let's stick with the topic of the thread. This isn't about the queues in the warzones, this is about how queues should work for the event. So if you're wanting to input how best it would work for the server then I would appreciate constructive feedback concerning the topic at hand.

Forsaken also brings up a valid point, perhaps this event could even be for cross server competition. Even if cross server queues are out of the question, then perhaps the Devs could throw in an added bonus for the server that tops off their thermometer the fastest. For instance the Imps on harbringer were the winners so everyone on that server of that faction gets a certain forum title and in-game item/mount or something.

While I like the idea of ANYTHING added to PvP, I dont think that should be the 1st baby step to fixing PvP.

Baby step 1: Add kill rewards for all OWPvP. Diminishing rewards for level difference(ie 25% off each level, so for 2 level difference 50% rewards to prevent higher levels farming lowbies) and diminishing rewards for time (ie 10% off for each minute after they were recently killed, for exampe 100% for 1st minute, 50% at 5 mins, 30% at 7 mins, until they are worth full rewards again @ 10 mins) This needs to be in effect on all PvP planets like Voss, Hoth, Tat....

Baby Step 4: Insert your Event here. Or have other random events or short term objectives to inspire PvP in odd places. Maybe a pvp event in a persistent version of Void Star or some other star ship.

just reminding everyone that there IS one intelligent post in this thread not to overlook

just reminding everyone that there IS one intelligent post in this thread not to overlook

Thank you, though its been overlooked by the devs for over a year and it doesnt seem that their interested in changing it. But I could write a book on these topics are how they would benefit this game and how easy it would be but alas...I have lost hope.

Getting back to topic...I agree with Warshades here, great ideas...we gotta give the devs baby step ideas. My thoughts on above:

Baby step 1: SWG had a decent way to prevent kill clubing...basically your kill points are reduced every time you kill the same character, but it's similar to what you suggest.

I would add a few baby steps that I think would be simple to implement that would really help facilitate OWPVP:

- enable full communication with the other faction...current restrictions serve no purpose and being able to send a direct whisper to the enemy would be very useful...for many reasons.

- facilitate travel between planets...if you have a friend getting hit on another planet it takes way to long to run over there and help him out.

- be able to choose several options when rezzing. I've gotten caught at an outpost while doing missions that was over run by the other side and it would have been nice if I could have rezzed at a different outpost, which would have given me and others that got caught the opportunity to regroup and attack the perpetrators.

anyways, just my 2 cents.

Getting back to topic...I agree with Warshades here, great ideas...we gotta give the devs baby step ideas. My thoughts on above:

Baby step 1: SWG had a decent way to prevent kill clubing...basically your kill points are reduced every time you kill the same character, but it's similar to what you suggest.

I would add a few baby steps that I think would be simple to implement that would really help facilitate OWPVP:

- enable full communication with the other faction...current restrictions serve no purpose and being able to send a direct whisper to the enemy would be very useful...for many reasons.

- facilitate travel between planets...if you have a friend getting hit on another planet it takes way to long to run over there and help him out.

- be able to choose several options when rezzing. I've gotten caught at an outpost while doing missions that was over run by the other side and it would have been nice if I could have rezzed at a different outpost, which would have given me and others that got caught the opportunity to regroup and attack the perpetrators.

anyways, just my 2 cents.

I appreciate everyones input. But I don't think BW has any intentions whatsoever in FIXING anything. They still haven't fixed my Champion Eliminators Helm which they changed the skin of it in 1.2 and I've diligently been putting a ticket in whenever they close it.

What I believe BW's current model is, instead of fixing anything, they just keep pumping out new content which they're using to distract people from all the crap they don't want to fix about the game. It's easier to just make more new code than to go and fix the old stuff.

So with that being said. In order for me to forget their negligence on all the issues they've left the PvP'ers to fester with, maybe instead of just giving all the PvE'ers the new content, they actually give the PvP'ers some of that new code so we can get in on this too.

The game has had over a year and a half to incorporate meaningful OW pvp, but as the early Ilum days showed, their crummy Hero Engine cannot handle PvP on a larger scale than 25 v 25. So instead of focusing on the crummy past and the crummy present, let's try to hop on this bandwagon and try to get some of these events they're creating for these qq'ing baby pve'ers and have it more PvP centric!

It always amuses me how MMOs these days often start with a good foundation, halfway there to good meaningful active participation OWPVP at launch, but then instead of expanding on it, listen to whiners who think they know more about game design than the designers do, and it ends up getting nerfed into the ground.

It happened in SWTOR with Ilum. It happened in TSW with Fusang. There is a trend here that needs to be curbed. With online MMO communities being what they are in this day and age, I don't expect the cycle to break.

You'd make a good Sith, except we don't accept noobs, so... better luck next year?

Have to second this, these sound like fun. I never understood a game that wanted us to OWpvp but gives no carrot for it. Even now doing the Gree event everyone just stands in line at the node. Very rarely we get a group of people more times than not from Wook that attack and clear the node. Than things get fun again, but the crying is general chat gets to the point that I just turn it off.

Have to second this, these sound like fun. I never understood a game that wanted us to OWpvp but gives no carrot for it. Even now doing the Gree event everyone just stands in line at the node. Very rarely we get a group of people more times than not from Wook that attack and clear the node. Than things get fun again, but the crying is general chat gets to the point that I just turn it off.

Yeah, making OW pvp by forcing PvE'ers into PvP areas isn't very fun because all they do is whine and complain they got killed, and how long it's taking them to complete their PvE content. Hence, make a PvP tournament!

only thing i would like to see in a pvp event is PVP. This Glee event more like a PVE event. On my server everyone got in a line to take it in turn to hand orbs in, the republic players just rode past not a care in world.

Way they should ahve gone is the two bases with several mini bases scattered around. Each base had a shield and the more points controlled the quicker the shield came down to mount an attack and perhaps reach a certain point in base to destroy to win.

Defenders would have cannons that dealt moderate damage but enough to slow/kill some of the attackers that were player controlled.

Now that would have been fun and real pvp compared to this current sorry excuse for world pvp.

Edited by mattycutts