1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1.1.2. bag changes have reduced the RNG element on drops DRAMATICALLY. Exactly what you guys asked for.

-- Georg

I'm pretty sure this is NOT "exactly what you guys asked for."

What people have continually asked for is the elimination of RNG. Maybe read your forums to find out?

Should we assume that the item costs will rise accordingly? 15 per bag seems like a lot.

Really? He just made it so that players sub 60 valor gain a Cent piece every 3 days and a Champ piece every week and a half or so, and you suggest to have prices raised?

3 days of WZ dailies equals one piece of Cent, 3 days of Ilum PvP dailies equals one peice of Cent gear,and each weekly equals a piece of Cent gear. So in 3 days of PvP quests, you'll have 12 bags from rewards alone with extra bags from WZ comms and Merc comms. That will lead to 180 Cent Comms and 84 Champ comms. Thats 4 pieces of Cent gear and 1 piece of Champ gear per WEEK from QUESTS ALONE. That seems pretty sweet. Why would you want to make it longer?!?

Holy crap.. all of this because people aren't reading.

The new system is this:

BM Bags have a chance at BM Tokens (the chance remains unchanged) AND it will have 15 Champ Comms

Champ Bags will have a LOWER chance at Champ Tokens AND it will have 7 Champ Comms and 15 Centurion Comms

I think people are concerned because in Gabes post it doesn't say 'BM Bags still have a chance at BM Tokens' it just says 'Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations' which leads to a little confusion.

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

thank god for that, spread the news.

They never once said anything about changing the drop rate of the Battlemaster Comm drops. That is just something that someone here in this thread mentioned and it stuck.

BM Comms remain the same, plus the update for Champ Comms. This is still positive, although, by the time new level 50s reach Valor 60 to open the BM Boxes, they will have earned enough Champ Comms to be fully set with Champion armor. Boost in Champ Comms from BM Boxes will not be required at that point.

They said they were nerfing the drop rate of purple bonus items. They never said it wasn't going to apply to Battlemaster bags too. Their notes are too vague.

EDIT: Okay, I see it now. They definately mentioned the nerf only to Champion bags. I'm content.

Edited by McVade

Really? He just made it so that players sub 60 valor gain a Cent piece every 3 days and a Champ piece every week and a half or so, and you suggest to have prices raised?

3 days of WZ dailies equals one piece of Cent, 3 days of Ilum PvP dailies equals one peice of Cent gear,and each weekly equals a piece of Cent gear. So in 3 days of PvP quests, you'll have 12 bags from rewards alone with extra bags from WZ comms and Merc comms. That will lead to 180 Cent Comms and 84 Champ comms. Thats 4 pieces of Cent gear and 1 piece of Champ gear per WEEK from QUESTS ALONE. That seems pretty sweet. Why would you want to make it longer?!?

I think the addition of some sort of consumable should be added to the Cent vendor, something to give you something to spend your comms on once you have a full set of armor would be welcomed.

I'm sure that would be welcomed.

you need 60 valor just to open the battlemaster bag?

As it stands now... Yes you cannot open a BM bag before you reach valor rank 60...

Like i said even with the update about how many coms each bag has... There still should be 3 kind of bags centurion, champion and battlemaster.

So dont even think about getting battlemaster bags until your valor 60 because thats gonna take awhile. Also saving up BM bags does not works since you can only have one BM bag at any given time since they are unique.

#

Centurion gear never had RNG, they simply made it faster to obtain (though nobody wants it because it's worse than PVE gear).

Champion gear was RNG, and will have EVEN MORE RNG with this change.

This is ridiculous.

What. I have 3 pairs of gloves, 2 helmets, 2 leggings, 2 boots, a chestpiece, 2 mainhands, 3 offhands, 8 implants, 3 relics and my earpiece.

Out of all of that I was able to purchase boots, bracer, belt, and a leggings and boots for one of my companions (having gotten all of my champion gear before I got enough centurion commendations to match it).

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

This is better thank you for clarification.

Will there still be a chance for the random champ item in the bags or will it be removed completely?

If you compare full centurion to full champ, the expertise difference is not that big, maybe 2-3%. That doesn't make you lose. It's better to get more vent badges, so you get that full cent as fast as possible. And sometimes, you get that champ to upgrade some pieces.

And when you reach valor 60, you've got plenty of battlemaster bags to open, which grant you nice amounts of champion badges. What more can you ask??

They said they were nerfing the drop rate of purple bonus items. They never said it wasn't going to apply to Battlemaster bags too. Their notes are too vague.

No, they said they are lowering the drop rate on "Champion Gear Drops"...that's it. Read again.

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags.
Edited by Miallen

- Gabe

Yup, much better. Like it.

If you compare full centurion to full champ, the expertise difference is not that big, maybe 2-3%. That doesn't make you lose. It's better to get more vent badges, so you get that full cent as fast as possible. And sometimes, you get that champ to upgrade some pieces.

And when you reach valor 60, you've got plenty of battlemaster bags to open, which grant you nice amounts of champion badges. What more can you ask??

Would be a oke plan to save up BM bags, the problem with this is that you can only have ONE battlemaster bag at any given time. And since you cannot open them until valor rank 60 your entire idea goes out the window..

• Dev Post

The cost of Champion and Centurion items are NOT changing.

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

Question is now is it better to not open your bags until the patch goes live or hope for random goodness that you get that item you want. Starting to think it's better to hoard them.

Really depends on your current gear and valor rank. For someone like myself.. who is nearly 60 Valor and only missing about 2 pieces of Champ.. if this patch hits in 2 weeks or more, hoarding will do me no good. I'll be valor 60 by then.

However for someone valor rank 45 who only has a few champ and a few cent.. it may be worthwhile to wait for the guaranteed ability to pick and choose which slots for Champ and Cent.

Awesome.

- Gabe

*wince* how often are we going be changing the gear system?

- Gabe

However with your change, this is the problem:

1. It is easier to get t1 geared than before.

2. It is harder to get t2 geared than before.

3. This is a fix that should have been done in the first week or two, because the effect now is that fresh 50s will have a harder time gearing up for pvp to a suitable level as everyone before them.

A better fix would have been the current commendation change, but slightly increase the chance for a token from what it currently is on both. Battlemaster bags should also have a change at t2 tokens, as a "booby prize" for those who aren't getting lucky with battlemaster drops.