Any recent news on Dueling in Non-Dueling areas?

DuckKing

I talked to Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) and Damion Shcubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) about duels in current non-dueling areas, and have some information for you!

Currently, dueling is disabled in the main areas of the Fleets partially because it can have a negative impact on performance in those areas and partially because it can be an unwelcome distraction to other players. This is something we may be able to address in the future, and we appreciate your ideas, but changing it isn't something that will happen in the immediate future.

Appreciate the response, hopefully there will be plans to add a small area or section were competitive players like myself can have something fun to do to kill some time.

In other MMO's, I can lose myself upon hours and hours just dueling different people!

It's all good fun and even more fun watching someones high ego go down the toilet when they lose to someone unexpectedly under-geared than they are. :)

Edited by DuckKing

Most in this thread are sort of failing at understanding how dueling should be done. If its put in some out of the way place theres less traffic. In games like WoW (from what I remember its been a while) people dueled outside the main city of their respective faction. But since the fleet is all instanced it doesn't work in TOR.

I talked to Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) and Damion Shcubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) about duels in current non-dueling areas, and have some information for you!

Currently, dueling is disabled in the main areas of the Fleets partially because it can have a negative impact on performance in those areas and partially because it can be an unwelcome distraction to other players. This is something we may be able to address in the future, and we appreciate your ideas, but changing it isn't something that will happen in the immediate future.

Then perhaps a dueling area can be made on the Gav or the Telos?? Or a dueling level can be added to the fleet station.. In either case we need an area that allows dueling.. Not reasons why we can't have one.. If I can come up with viable solutions.. Then so can Bioware.. Just saying..

it's simple disable all the speeders as they are really annoying esp the big ones and they get parked on the npc sellers,then make the VIP lounge a pvp arena as it's Hadley used anyway.Most RP I have seen on The Prog. is done in the lower section and just move the CE seller.

Sorted

:D

If they do allow it on the fleet, I would hope they would have the common sense to allow it only in a certain section of the Fleet...like make a new section you can access from the airlocks. Having it happen just anywhere on the fleet would be bad in my opinion. Would be a bit like allowing street fights inside malls. :p

Agreed. It's already annoying enough to have people constantly firing AOE's around the GTN terminals or the cargo bay areas. I don't want to be scrolling through the GTN looking for stuff and have duels going on right on top of me. This is basically the PVP'ers who get "bored" if a que takes more than 5 seconds wanting this kind of thing.

This is basically the PVP'ers who get "bored" if a que takes more than 5 seconds wanting this kind of thing.

Maybe it's half that but I absolutely love friendly duels. Let's all be honest here, how often does anyone duel in this game? It's hardly a regular thing that goes on. Everytime I try to duel someone in other places in the game they often decline which is completely fine or just show no interest at all due to where ever they are at, they're busy questing.

The only other major hub in this game is Kass City and well... lower level folks don't wanna be bothered dueling people that are level 50.

Now I hate to bring WoW into this but running outside of the major city hubs there were always duels going on. I kinda miss seeing two druids go at it for 20 minutes lol, who doesn't remember those epic duels. :p

Edited by DuckKing

Add another floor to the main fleet station that can be dedicated to dueling. It will give people a place to hang out and duel and watch duels. Make it like a combat training area preferably with a gladiator style mini-arena and other interesting objects.

Gradually, you can expand the possibilities of this area but for now just make an area all the PvP'ers can hang out between queues and practice/have fun (actually have something to do other than circling the fleet).

I talked to Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) and Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) about duels in current non-dueling areas, and have some information for you!

Suggestion, add an elevator destination from fleet to a duel area deck? That way you insure the instance wont affect the rest of the fleet and ppl who wants to duel or watch duels can just go down to that deck.