Can low level and high level players group up?

Rumik

Hi there,

I can't remember if there's a system in place to allow players of different levels to play together (e.g. my buddy doesn't start playing until the new year and by then I'm already level 25 - can we still do stuff together?).

Could someone remind me?

Cheers!

You should be able to go do PVP battlegrounds together since those will bump his stats up until he is more evenly matched with his opponents.

As far as regular content... I don't think so. I mean you can group, but he will be extremely under-powered for the content that challenges you, and you will be severely overpowered for the content that challenges him.

Would make my day if BW would implement some kind of system that adjust your level to that of your group mate(s) so that I'm not overpowered for the content being done. Friends don't always level at the same pace. Edited by Runeshard

Will that effect the xp we both earn? I thought I read somewhere that instead of being punished by grouping up with lower level players we'd be rewarded.

I'd love to see that, if it would help to strengthen the community.

Just last night, I was waiting to fight a minor-boss (it was gray because someone else was already fighting him). Then I noticed that the other player was very low in health, so I Force Leaped in and helped him kill the boss and avoid death. He was grateful, and I was glad to have helped. I know someone will do the same for me at some point too. It's this kind of community that we need to help foster...so if rewarding high-lvl players for helping others is a way to move toward this, then I'd say go for it.

The exp is severely reduced I was level 9 and a friend who was level 15 was helping me and instead of getting 70-160xp for killing mobs I was getting 9-25xp but I found if we were not grouped and I done about 40% of the damage to a mob then he killed it I would get the full xp.

Would make my day if BW would implement some kind of system that adjust your level to that of your group mate(s) so that I'm not overpowered for the content being done. Friends don't always level at the same pace.

*points to City of Heroes for a good example*

Just something to look into. Initially they had a system where you could "mentor" (or "exemplar" - sort of a reverse-mentoring) one on one. They modified it later so either the entire team would be at the leader's level - or if they went into a lower level mission, the mission holder's. Works out fairly well.

Something for the devs to look into for a later update? I know I've got friends who will be joining all along, and right now I'm just holding a character at level 1 for when we're all in.

*points to City of Heroes for a good example*

Just something to look into. Initially they had a system where you could "mentor" (or "exemplar" - sort of a reverse-mentoring) one on one. They modified it later so either the entire team would be at the leader's level - or if they went into a lower level mission, the mission holder's. Works out fairly well.

Something for the devs to look into for a later update? I know I've got friends who will be joining all along, and right now I'm just holding a character at level 1 for when we're all in.

Exactly CoH had that system down perfectly. I wouldn't mind having a system that reduced my level so the quests become challenging when I team with others who are lower level then me. Makes it more fun and gives you more people to team with. Having to slow down your leveling or rush through it just to be able to play with friends on your main is no fun.