Kao Cen Darach - The Zabrak Jedi from the Return Trailer

Sinigual

Kao Cen would take Darth Maul to school.

He took on a Sith Lord AND his Apprentice at once and got one of them.

Darth Maul took on a passive Jedi Master and his padawan, but had to kill Qui Gon completely by himself thanks to the force field doors.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan(on the verge of knighthood) would mop the floor with Kao-Cen, Malgus and Vindican, Qui-Gon could duel Windu, Dooku and Yoda to a stand still.

The only reason he lost against Darth Maul was 1.His own lightsaber form Ataru relied heavily on room and space, which Maul made sure he had next to none of. 2. Juyo and Jar-Kai together makes for a perfect counter form to Ataru, as it out-paces Ataru and can take maximum advantage of the lack of defence Ataru has.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Kao Cen was straight up THUG! For a while there, he was schooling both Malgus AND his Master, and ended up mortally wounding the old Sith Lord. Seriously, that fight was pretty embarrassing for Sith everywhere. One dude, taking on an Elite Assassin and Marauder at the same time.... Granted, Malgus took a powder for a minute and let his master fight alone, probably figuring Kao Cen would kill him. Hey, it's the Sith way. I believe he also took that opportunity to study Kao Cen for a weakness. Kao Cen still gave a good account of himself and died with honor.

I want to see more of Vindican, it was pretty ****** when he blocks that rocket that was shot at him and he just kept walking not even looking at it.

By the way you have to give Vindican some slack, he looked like he was getting on in years

Edited by Malrus

Any Jedi who can wield the heaviest type of lightsaber (double bladed) in one hand and a normal one in the other is fine by me. On top of that, he also held his own for all that time in a 2v1, and managed to defeat a Sith Master with that much ease. Malgus made him look like an idiot, though. Hate that masked menace.

I want to see more of Vindican, it was pretty ****** when he blocks that rocket that was shot at him and he just kept walking not even looking at it.

By the way you have to give Vindican some slack, he looked like he was getting on in years

We can't see anymore of him. Malgus killed him after he caught Kao off guard.

• 1 year later...
hey guys can any of you tell me how I can create a character identical to him, what are the numbers for each of the character creation bars. And should he be guardian or sentinel because on http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kao_Cen_Darach it says below one of the photos that "Darach was adept at wielding one or two lightsabers".

Pretty sure he's a Body-type 2 Guardian.

Whilst Body-type 2 doesn't seem like the fitting choice due to how he looks a bit taller in the Return trailer, the Battlelord armor (Which Darach is wearing, only with the hood down) makes body-type 2 look a lot better.

I wouldn't know the exact sliders, but toy around a bit whilst alt-tabbing to look at his picture. From what i can see, his eyes are pretty green. The skin color also seems somewhat of a unique darker tone.

Pretty sure he's a Body-type 2 Guardian.

Whilst Body-type 2 doesn't seem like the fitting choice due to how he looks a bit taller in the Return trailer, the Battlelord armor (Which Darach is wearing, only with the hood down) makes body-type 2 look a lot better.

I wouldn't know the exact sliders, but toy around a bit whilst alt-tabbing to look at his picture. From what i can see, his eyes are pretty green. The skin color also seems somewhat of a unique darker tone.

thnx but I'm kinda looking for specifics but tya

Upon studying the clip, I can't seem to find an EXACT match. The closest thing I can do is:

Body:2

Head: 4

Scars: 1

Complexion: 1

Eye color: 4

Tattoos: 1 or 3

Horns and Hair: 11

Hair color: moot so I put 1

Skin color: 8

Again, this is only my take and my be completely different from others.

Here is Tattoo 1

Here is Tattoo 3

EDIT: HERE is the picture I worked from.

Edited by Thylbanus

Great job, Thylbanus.

Only thing i'd change is the skin color. Make it a bit more dark.

I've noted that the character creation screen is much brighter that in game, so I lightened it up just a touch not to overplay that.

Thanks for the complement.

Edited by Thylbanus

• 1 month later...
Any Jedi who can wield the heaviest type of lightsaber (double bladed) in one hand and a normal one in the other is fine by me. On top of that, he also held his own for all that time in a 2v1, and managed to defeat a Sith Master with that much ease. Malgus made him look like an idiot, though. Hate that masked menace.

Kao was clearly the most powerful duelist in that room. I think he overexerted himself taking on two Sith Lords at once. You can tell he was running out of steam when Malgus charged him head on. Malgus eventually become one of the most powerful sith in the empire and satele also improves greatly. If not for her master she would have been toast here.

Yeah, I think by the time Malgus struck him down Kao was just running out of steam. He just had been battling two Sith Lords and even prior to that during the 2 vs 2 action, he was concerned with both fighting his opponent *and* protecting Satele from hers. Satele was still young here and was out of her league in that fight.

Kao Cen Darach also knew he was going to die from the start, IMO. He willingly sacrificed his life to save Satele, knowing she was destined to go on to greater things.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

• 1 month later...
For some reason I really, really liked the little I saw of him... from the stoic, calm manner and how he seemed to care for Sateele so much to the insane, pure baller status moment 2v1'ing Sith with a single AND dual lightsaber.

Anyone know if there's any media out there with him in it? Books, comic, etc?

Thanks!

There is this website that gives you background on him and his life. Even the battle shown in the Return trailer. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kao_Cen_Darach

Kao Cen Darach certainly deserves a decent back story, IMO. Bioware should up its game in the aspect of exploring its characters.

I was extremely disappointed by the treatment given to Revan; the novel written about this character is pathetic. The author (Mr. Karpyshyn) had golden opportunity to write a fantastic novel about this character but he wasted this opportunity unfortunately. In fact, I can write a much better novel for Revan or significantly improve the existing one but I am just a fan.

Thus far, Malgus is the only (SWTOR) character who has been nicely explored. Mr. Kamp deserves admiration.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan(on the verge of knighthood) would mop the floor with Kao-Cen, Malgus and Vindican, Qui-Gon could duel Windu, Dooku and Yoda to a stand still.

The only reason he lost against Darth Maul was 1.His own lightsaber form Ataru relied heavily on room and space, which Maul made sure he had next to none of. 2. Juyo and Jar-Kai together makes for a perfect counter form to Ataru, as it out-paces Ataru and can take maximum advantage of the lack of defence Ataru has.

Of-course! Ancient era characters suck at everything; G-canon characters are the real deal only. :rolleyes:

Edited by S_W_LeGenD