Elara Companion Quest Chain Bugged?

SwtorThrill

Can someone who is currently playing a trooper confirm if they are triggering a quest from Elara involving Ridu when you FIRST meet him. I get the conclusion to the Ridu story just fine. I know I did not miss it because I started a second trooper just to confirm wither I missed this quest or it is bugged. It did not trigger again. I want to confirm with people that I am not the only one experiencing this or maybe they removed the quest entirely for some reason that I did not know about. Although I do not see why remove it without removing the second part.

Anyone? If it helps, the quest is called Preventative Measures and I believe should open up around chapter 2. Here is a link for the cut scene...

Like I mentioned before, it does not initiate for me and I know this because I would get the second part to this quest just fine. This has happened twice on two different troopers for me. I am hoping someone can corroborate that this is a bug and I will go make a bug report. If people are still getting it, I assume it's a unlucky glitch.

This is one of Dorne's companion missions. Since they changed companion cutscenes and missions to be tied to main story progression I'm not sure when exactly this is supposed to trigger. Have you been doing all of your conversations with Dorne? I'm doing a Trooper play through now, but I'm not that far along to tell you if it triggers properly for me.

This is one of Dorne's companion missions. Since they changed companion cutscenes and missions to be tied to main story progression I'm not sure when exactly this is supposed to trigger. Have you been doing all of your conversations with Dorne? I'm doing a Trooper play through now, but I'm not that far along to tell you if it triggers properly for me.

Thank you! Keep me posted please. Look out for this...

-There will be a quest where she talks about forms

-Then another one about her time with Havoc Squad

-Then you'll get one where she offers you brandy

If you get those without seeing the Ridu quest shown above, then you missed it too because right after the conversation involving a gift from her, the second part will initiate where she just recalls the Ridu event. The only issue I can see causing this is they removed it by accident or stacking companion quests causes this one to get skipped.

EDIT: Forgot to add this all happens in Chapter 2.

Edited by SwtorThrill

• 2 weeks later...
Would really like to see if anyone else can confirm this bug. Hoping to get new eyes on topic or to remind people currently playing Trooper to be on the look out, thanks.

Will look out while alt hopping, and will see if I've any troopers near that part. Does it matter if itmale or female trooper?

Anyone? If it helps, the quest is called Preventative Measures and I believe should open up around chapter 2. Here is a link for the cut scene...

Like I mentioned before, it does not initiate for me and I know this because I would get the second part to this quest just fine. This has happened twice on two different troopers for me. I am hoping someone can corroborate that this is a bug and I will go make a bug report. If people are still getting it, I assume it's a unlucky glitch.

Wow!

Tbh, I've been playing since 2013, I have 5 troopers (originally 8), and I've never seen this. They must have cut it out early.

Thank you! Keep me posted please. Look out for this...

-There will be a quest where she talks about forms

-Then another one about her time with Havoc Squad

-Then you'll get one where she offers you brandy

If you get those without seeing the Ridu quest shown above, then you missed it too because right after the conversation involving a gift from her, the second part will initiate where she just recalls the Ridu event. The only issue I can see causing this is they removed it by accident or stacking companion quests causes this one to get skipped.

EDIT: Forgot to add this all happens in Chapter 2.

Sorry, I haven't been back on that Commando in a while. I'll try to get to it soon.

Will look out while alt hopping, and will see if I've any troopers near that part. Does it matter if itmale or female trooper?

Thank you, you're awesome! If you read the thread, it has the chain of events to look out for before the conversation in question should take place. I can't speak for male troopers but know 100% this occurs for female troopers. Be nice to finally get confirmation from someone else that this conversation just does not trigger.

Wow!

Tbh, I've been playing since 2013, I have 5 troopers (originally 8), and I've never seen this. They must have cut it out early.

Does anyone know when they changed companion conversations to story progression instead of influence? If it was around 2013 then this would sort of answer the question. I have a feeling since they did this, that's when that conversation will not trigger.

Sorry, I haven't been back on that Commando in a while. I'll try to get to it soon.

No problem, take your time. I just appreciate people are looking into it as well.

Does anyone know when they changed companion conversations to story progression instead of influence? If it was around 2013 then this would sort of answer the question. I have a feeling since they did this, that's when that conversation will not trigger.

No, it was later, in 4.0 that this happened.

But I believe they made a number of fairly stupid ninja story changes between 2.0 and 4.0. For example, the BH act 1 finale used to have the scene where you macgyver a jetpack to kill the engineer - that was around when I started but vanished during that timeframe. Likewise, both BH and consular act 1 finales were significantly harder. I may be misremembering but I think there was a bonus to kill 100 enemies for both missions

No, it's still there just did another Vanguard and Commando last month and both had that conversation with Elara.....

You may have just missed seeing it....

I know I did not miss it. I started a brand new trooper after missing it the first time just for the intent of seeing this scene. I did not trigger it, now I am trying to see if others are in the same situation. One person in the thread already said they do not ever recall seeing it and now we have you. Someone has selective memory going on. Were you on a male or female trooper? Thankfully we have some people playing trooper right now, they'll get to it when they get to it.

No, it was later, in 4.0 that this happened.

But I believe they made a number of fairly stupid ninja story changes between 2.0 and 4.0. For example, the BH act 1 finale used to have the scene where you macgyver a jetpack to kill the engineer - that was around when I started but vanished during that timeframe. Likewise, both BH and consular act 1 finales were significantly harder. I may be misremembering but I think there was a bonus to kill 100 enemies for both missions

I hated how they changed (for the worse) or straight up remove parts of the story after those patches. Like the trooper, used to be when you recruit Elara, Jorgan will welcome her and tell her how great it is to be recruited into Havoc. Now he just complains. I tried to increase Jorgan's influence, but he still says the same thing. Also on Voss for the trooper, there used to be a optional quest where the Voss Senator directs you to his secretary but they removed it completely.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, I am getting on my lowbie Commando shortly. I will see where that character is in their story (it has been a while since I last played them), and will update with the outcomes of the next few conversations with Elara.

Edit 1:

I am on the mission Inconspicuous Valor: Travel to the Justice. That mission involves Tavus, so I should be near the end of Chapter 1. I also have a conversation with Elara available. The conversation concerned a holo-message from Elara's brother, Aleksei.

Edit 2:

Extracted Prellon Garn from Tatooine and then spoke to Garza on Coruscant, which unlocked another conversation with Elara. The conversation concerned Captain Kalor with Kalor questioning Elara if they had more information to reveal. No conversation yet about brandy or Ridu.

Edit 3:

Traveling to Balmorra unlocked another conversation. This conversation concerned requisitioning some supplies for Elara's med kit. Are these the forms you mentioned? Have to log for now. Will continue tomorrow.

Edited by ceryxp

I just recently made a Commando (like 2 weeks max ago) and I don't remember that cut scene at all, doesn't sound familiar and that was my 2nd Trooper so if I had seen it I would of remembered at least something. Someone said maybe female trooper only, mine are males /shrug dunno strange though.

I remember that conversation with Elara, but my both troopers are pre 4.0, and they are both male, so it can be indeed something related with that changes. However I don't intend to start a new one, at least for now, so I will not be able to check... Let's see if someone else can check it.

Okay, I am getting on my lowbie Commando shortly. I will see where that character is in their story (it has been a while since I last played them), and will update with the outcomes of the next few conversations with Elara.

Edit 1:

I am on the mission Inconspicuous Valor: Travel to the Justice. That mission involves Tavus, so I should be near the end of Chapter 1. I also have a conversation with Elara available. The conversation concerned a holo-message from Elara's brother, Aleksei.

Edit 2:

Extracted Prellon Garn from Tatooine and then spoke to Garza on Coruscant, which unlocked another conversation with Elara. The conversation concerned Captain Kalor with Kalor questioning Elara if they had more information to reveal. No conversation yet about brandy or Ridu.

Edit 3:

Traveling to Balmorra unlocked another conversation. This conversation concerned requisitioning some supplies for Elara's med kit. Are these the forms you mentioned? Have to log for now. Will continue tomorrow.

Thank you so much for doing this! If another person can 100% confirm they did not get it, I can rest & go make a report in the bug forums. If it's bugged you'll get the second part where she just recalls her time dealing with Ridu but never see the first. The first part should trigger around chapter 2 before a companion quest where she offers you a gift.

I just recently made a Commando (like 2 weeks max ago) and I don't remember that cut scene at all, doesn't sound familiar and that was my 2nd Trooper so if I had seen it I would of remembered at least something. Someone said maybe female trooper only, mine are males /shrug dunno strange though.

Thank you so much for your response! Already it's looking like it's bugged since 4.0 for both genders. I'm sure most of us can recall wither we watched a scene from two weeks ago. Will wait for feedback from Ceryxp and see if they saw it or not before calling this one 100% bugged.

Thank you so much for doing this! If another person can 100% confirm they did not get it, I can rest & go make a report in the bug forums. If it's bugged you'll get the second part where she just recalls her time dealing with Ridu but never see the first. The first part should trigger around chapter 2 before a companion quest where she offers you a gift.

Finished Balmorra. Conversation with Elara regarding concerns over Kalor's accusations (2 convos ago).

Finished Quesh. Conversation with Elara regarding more requisitions. This time for some "real food." I am not romancing Elara if that makes a difference.

Finished Hoth, threw down the Gauntlet, and started Chapter 3. Elara got a boo-boo so I had to do some stuff before the next conversation, but after Elara returned to duty they had a lot to say. Had four conversations lined up. The first conversation was about Form 859-RA. Elara was rather giddy about receiving permission to use it. Next was about Elara's time with Havoc. Third was about brandy. Fourth was about Captain Kalor again and mentioned Ridu.

Mission: Suspicious Silence

Elara: Sir? I was wondering if you've receive any messages from Captain Kalor recently. I've not heard anything since the situation with Ridu. I'm a bit concerned, to be honest.

Me: Captain Kalor hasn't sent me any messages.

Elara: Hm. I suppose it's possible he's moved on to other cases, but I can't help but suspect that he's still planning something. I attempted to contact him for my standard activity report, but was told that he's out of the office on an important assignment. I can't help but wonder if I'm a part of that assignment. I don't look forward to finding out.

Me: Whatever Kalor does, we'll deal with it.

Elara: We have enough to deal with as it is. I shouldn't be thinking about problems that may not exist. Sorry to trouble you, sir. Let's just get back to work.

No other conversations at this time. Have to log now. Will pick this back up later.

Finished Belsavis. Had two conversations with Elara. First was about a research article Elara is writing (mission Submitted for Approval). Second conversation, mission The Final Test, was about Kalor attempting to use a loophole to reopen an inquiry. Elara headed off to Coruscant to demonstrate Kalor's incompetence and was declared a full citizen of the Galactic Republic. It would seem that the mission Preventative Measures is getting skipped.

Interestingly, when I look up the mission on SWTOR Spy there are two. One entry is for the cutscene mission, Preventative Measures, and the other is for a version where we would go to Taris with Elara, NF – Preventative Measures. There are also two versions of the mission where Elara gets a holo-call from their brother, Aleksei. The first is the cutscene version that we see in the game, Strange Circumstances, and the second is a version where we would go to Nar Shaddaa to rescue Aleksei, strange circumstances. I did not make my first Trooper until after 5.0 launched, so I do not know if those alternate versions of the missions were ever in the game, but from what I see on SWTOR Spy they were unfinished. Regarding Preventative Measures. I wonder if the issue is with the current leveling experience. I wonder if the script expects a particular level or level range and, because we level so quickly now, we are over level and the script skips that mission.

In any case, Elara's involvement with Kalor seems to be concluded and at no time did anything come up about Ridu except for that one mention in passing in my previous post. Would have been cool if we did get those versions where we would accompany Elara to Nar Shaddaa and Taris. More missions with our companions would have been very cool.

Edited by ceryxp

I Like the trooper, used to be when you recruit Elara, Jorgan will welcome her and tell her how great it is to be recruited into Havoc. Now he just complains. I tried to increase Jorgan's influence, but he still says the same thing. Also on Voss for the trooper, there used to be a optional quest where the Voss Senator directs you to his secretary but they removed it completely.

Yup, I remember both of those! Interesting you mention selective memory, I thought Jorgan always welcomed her but now I'm not sure if he did with the last trooper I made.

Regarding Preventative Measures. I wonder if the issue is with the current leveling experience. I wonder if the script expects a particular level or level range and, because we level so quickly now, we are over level and the script skips that mission.

I've never seen the swtorspy missions you mention and have been playing troopers since 2.0. As for this theory...I doubt it. I use the White Acute Module to slow down my leveling to pre-level sync speed, so I am usually at the right planetary level or range for these convos, and still don't see them.

Finished Belsavis. Had two conversations with Elara. First was about a research article Elara is writing (mission Submitted for Approval). Second conversation, mission The Final Test, was about Kalor attempting to use a loophole to reopen an inquiry. Elara headed off to Coruscant to demonstrate Kalor's incompetence and was declared a full citizen of the Galactic Republic. It would seem that the mission Preventative Measures is getting skipped.

Interestingly, when I look up the mission on SWTOR Spy there are two. One entry is for the cutscene mission, Preventative Measures, and the other is for a version where we would go to Taris with Elara, NF – Preventative Measures. There are also two versions of the mission where Elara gets a holo-call from their brother, Aleksei. The first is the cutscene version that we see in the game, Strange Circumstances, and the second is a version where we would go to Nar Shaddaa to rescue Aleksei, strange circumstances. I did not make my first Trooper until after 5.0 launched, so I do not know if those alternate versions of the missions were ever in the game, but from what I see on SWTOR Spy they were unfinished. Regarding Preventative Measures. I wonder if the issue is with the current leveling experience. I wonder if the script expects a particular level or level range and, because we level so quickly now, we are over level and the script skips that mission.

In any case, Elara's involvement with Kalor seems to be concluded and at no time did anything come up about Ridu except for that one mention in passing in my previous post. Would have been cool if we did get those versions where we would accompany Elara to Nar Shaddaa and Taris. More missions with our companions would have been very cool.

I really want to thank you for going above and beyond to help me figure this out, thank you! I guess with my past experience and your most recent one, on top of a few others stating they never remembered that scene, it's officially a bug or has been removed since 4.0. I'm still going to make a bug report, I doubt they intended to remove this scene and keep the second part.

I really want to thank you for going above and beyond to help me figure this out, thank you! I guess with my past experience and your most recent one, on top of a few others stating they never remembered that scene, it's officially a bug or has been removed since 4.0. I'm still going to make a bug report, I doubt they intended to remove this scene and keep the second part.

No worries. Happy to help. Needed to play the character through at least the end of Chapter 2 for the class buff anyhow. This just gave me an excuse to do it. Trooper is not one of my more liked stories.

As far as BW removing it but leaving the follow up scene, I think they would. That cutscene is basically the end of Elara's story. It certainly marks the end of the story with regard to Kalor, so they would have to leave it in, but if they were trimming the fat (or what they think is fat irrespective of how we feel about it) they might cut it since we never meet Ridu and if there is no mention of Kalor reopening the investigation, or Ridu's testimony, then there is no need to have a cutscene about it. The conversation in Suspicious Silence, where Ridu is mentioned, likely had to be left in since it served as a follow up to the conversation with Kalor after the incident involving Aleksei. Without that scene, even though it mentions Ridu, we would go right from Elara extracting Aleksei from Nar Shaddaa, to Kalor accusing Elara of not being forthwith with all information, to Elara's concern over Kalor's accusation, to going right to Elara heading off to Coruscant to discredit Kalor. While that would work it would leave a bit of a gap because the conversation in Suspicious Silence has Elara expressing concern that Kalor is up to something and serves as a bridge between Elara voicing concern over Kalor's accusation to Elara going to Coruscant. Anything else would have involved rewriting the dialogue and rerecording lines (or trying to do a splice job).

I do agree that that scene should be included, and if you make a bug report I will add my support.

Edited by ceryxp