Mixing PVP and PVE?! two set bonuses?!

Aital

Can you put the armoring from the PVP sets into the shells of the PVE armor and get both bonuses? Has anyone tried. The force mystic set of 4 armors could give the 15% alacrity and the sets of PVP could give more bonsuses. Has anyone physically done this to see?

You could take the cheaper tionese and battlemaster stuff and try. I'm working on it atm but I'm low on resources. 8)

Edited by Aital

It is impossible to have more than 2 set bonusses.

WH armoring in an PVE shell gives u the PVP bonus (campaign mod in BM shell is PVE)

But it is possible to do a BM armoring and WH mod and enhancement in a PVE shell to get PVE bonus(es).

Hope this helps :)

Can you put the armoring from the PVP sets into the shells of the PVE armor and get both bonuses?

NO. You will have only one bonus.

WH (61 level) PvP Armor mods will override the gearset bonus.

With any other armor mods the set will retain gearset bonus.

That is nice for PvE. You can have Rakata/Columi gear piece, insert there the Campaign, BH mods and have the Rakata set bonus.

For PvP, if you want to use PvE set bonus and not sacrifice the Expertise, you should use only BM armor mods that have slightly lower stats than WH ones and what more important - have less Armor Rating.

Edited by Missandei

• 1 month later...
NO. You will have only one bonus.

WH (61 level) PvP Armor mods will override the gearset bonus.

With any other armor mods the set will retain gearset bonus.

That is nice for PvE. You can have Rakata/Columi gear piece, insert there the Campaign, BH mods and have the Rakata set bonus.

For PvP, if you want to use PvE set bonus and not sacrifice the Expertise, you should use only BM armor mods that have slightly lower stats than WH ones and what more important - have less Armor Rating.

couldn't you put ewh armorings into it? I hear they aren't slot restricted, yet.

I keep hoping they change it. I'm still waiting to check it out to see. And then keep an experimental set with just armoring to test every so often. You never know they may sneak it in someday and nobody notices. 8p

Can you put the armoring from the PVP sets into the shells of the PVE armor and get both bonuses? Has anyone tried. The force mystic set of 4 armors could give the 15% alacrity and the sets of PVP could give more bonsuses. Has anyone physically done this to see?

What do you mean about the 15% alacrity? Where does that come from - do you mean the alac bonus from the armour's enhancement module?

To a certain degree, it is do-able.

In saying that there are a total of 5 pieces that can count to any set bonus, so at best you could only pick up the 2 piece bonus from different sets.

This is actually something I've done for PvE, because I didn't consider the 5% alacrity bonus to be all that useful to a Balance spec sage, I instead opted for the 2 piece PVP set bonus, which is heal you for 0.5% of your health everytime dots do damage.

Basically I PvPd for a while to get the BM helm and gloves (because they clashed with my outfit the least) and then just placed Black Hole mods in them (gives me the 2 piece set bonus without the expertise which is useless for PVE)

In saying that, without a good tank in the group I pose more of a danger to myself, because I do quite respectabe DPS but generate extra threat from self healing. it hasn't been uncommon for me to pull threat from a mediocre tank during a boss fight, But when I've got a tank that knows me and how I'm setup, it makes the healers life that much easier cause they really don't have to worry about me, on several occasions I've pulled myself from the brink of death.

• 3 weeks later...

It is doable. I have the level 2 set bonus for both pvp and pve. But, you can't get to level 4. Right now my sage has both reduce disturbance/TK throw by 2, AND reduce mind crush cooldown by 1.5 seconds.

All you need to do is pull out your WH armorings that have the set bonus you want, and replace the armoring in the shell you have.

No sure if this is the best for PVE though, as I have seen discussions saying full PvE set bonus is better for parsing DPS

I wonder, if it is possible to combine different Tier sets? For example if I take 2 parts of Rakata Froce-Mystic's and 2 any other Columi Force-Mystic's parts - will I get -3.0 seconds Healing Trance cooldown reduction, or it will be treated as 4-parts bonus? Edited by RustyRUS

you can pull the armorings out of the WH off hand and throw them in the PVE armor shells for the PVE set bonus, a 2/2 set bonus is ideal...I used the reduced cool down on bubble or the dot tick, and the cool down on our channel heal for when I am healing in PVP

your other option is advanced PVE armorings for a sacrifice in expertise...but since you should have them in your bracer and belt I wouldnt...

All that needs to be done (and done before 1.6) is purchase i.e. Battle Master Gloves and Boots. THEN put your mod, enhancement, and **armoring** in it... **THE ARMORING cannot be, i.e. an armoring with a set bonus tied to it like the campaign and dread guard chest, glove, head ect... one must get it crafted by a cybertech OR they can be pulled from D.G. or Campaign off hand's** i personally had my two armoring crafted. This will allow one to have the first tier set bonus from both the PVP and PVE without the expertise.

I wonder, if it is possible to combine different Tier sets? For example if I take 2 parts of Rakata Froce-Mystic's and 2 any other Columi Force-Mystic's parts - will I get -3.0 seconds Healing Trance cooldown reduction, or it will be treated as 4-parts bonus?

The tier bonuses don't stack - combine 2 ForceMystic or 4 for appropriate set bonuses.

You can get two 2xset bonus from Mystic and Master.

I don't know if this has been fully answered or not, but for a while on my healer, I was rocking the 2sets for both pve and pvp for healing (use regular 26/27 mods in Battlemaster shells, instead of campaign). I decided to swap it out after a while, so I could more easily maintain my force using the 4set of pve.

But the decreased lockout on Force Armor, combined with the amazing pve 2set was very nice. Very nice indeed.