Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

:csw_trooper:My Step son and a few friends joined Star Wars late and were ineligible for the free transfer to an Asia/Pacific server, at the time The Jekk’Jekk Tarr and The Harbinger were unofficial Australian servers so he went there, my question (or His).

With the new server Transfers coming on June 12th will he be able to join me and his mother on Dalborra as there are now official Asia/Pacific servers? :csw_fett:

No This merge is only for dead / light servers to go to a predefined destination. You're in the boat with the rest of us...someone will have to fork cash.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read everythign they said if the destination gets full the destination will be changed. If you don't get transfered at the EXACT same time as your guild mates you will NOT be on the server with them. Read the above post it pretty much says it.

You can get F'd over by this move.

Here I'll show this to you in their own words. Ready Line Number 2 "disband" its very telling.

No matter what you will be transferred to the same server as your guildies. Even if you transfer waay later than them, even if the destination server is "full", they will put you with your guild. Guilds are an extremely high priority and will have special conditions to keep them together.

You can bank on it.

No matter what you will be transferred to the same server as your guildies. Even if you transfer waay later than them, even if the destination server is "full", they will put you with your guild. Guilds are an extremely high priority and will have special conditions to keep them together.

You can bank on it.

Read the above you have to "disband" your guild. If they were going to ensure everyone going to the same place they should do it like th PTS moves and not this half *** break up the band and pray you get your back.

You can bank on it.

You got a sorce for that?

Hi Rogoo,

As mentioned in the blog post, we will be maintaining server types. So it will be RP-PvP to RP-PvP.

Thank you for the answer. However please consider different options in the future.

Read everythign they said if the destination gets full the destination will be changed. If you don't get transfered at the EXACT same time as your guild mates you will NOT be on the server with them. Read the above post it pretty much says it.

This is simply not correct. From my previous post:

"In order to ensure an optimal playing experience for every server, we’ll be offering direct transfers from one origin server to a pre-selected destination server. This means that the destination server will already be selected for the origin server. As mentioned in our blog post, all server types and languages will be respected. You will not find your PvE characters transferred to a PvP server, or vice versa.

Therefore, all guild members on the origin server will be eligible to transfer to the same destination server, ensuring that the guild has the opportunity to stay together.

Please note that we will not be dividing the population of an origin server onto multiple destination servers for this free character transfer process."

With this information, you can see that you do not need to transfer at the same exact time.

"In order to ensure an optimal playing experience for every server, we’ll be offering direct transfers from one origin server to a pre-selected destination server. This means that the destination server will already be selected for the origin server. As mentioned in our blog post, all server types and languages will be respected. You will not find your PvE characters transferred to a PvP server, or vice versa.

Aren't there any concerns on your end that combining all of the RP-PVP servers still will not have enough players to have a large and very active place to play in? There is a lot of grumbling going on from players like myself who are in slow RP-PVP servers.

Read the above you have to "disband" your guild. If they were going to ensure everyone going to the same place they should do it like th PTS moves and not this half *** break up the band and pray you get your back.

Of course you'd have to disband the guild and empty the bank before you move. Only makes sense. The reason they can't move an entire guild to a new server is because that guild name or guildmaster's name may already be taken.

What if you transferred and found out someone had ninja'd your guild because they had your old guildmaster's name when you got there?

Therefore, all guild members on the origin server will be eligible to transfer to the same destination server, ensuring that the guild has the opportunity to stay together.

Please note that we will not be dividing the population of an origin server onto multiple destination servers for this free character transfer process."

With this information, you can see that you do not need to transfer at the same exact time.

Thank you for the reiteration!

Edited by JeramieCrowe

There will be a full FAQ published on Tuesday to answer most of your questions, but I wanted to go ahead and answer these two.

1. Due to a variety of factors (including the naming and re-naming process after transferring characters), this was deemed to be the most efficient method in assuring that Guilds retain their Guild Banks on the new server.

2. Yes, you will have to:

• Remove all items & credits from the Guild Bank.
  • Disband the Guild.
  • Transfer to the new server and reform the Guild.
  • Contact Customer Service to re-establish the Guild Bank and Guild Bank tabs.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Are you serious? What kind of service is this? How can you possibly be sure that guilds will not be broken up if you have to DISBAND the guild?

Guys, the honeymoon is over. This amateur stuff is not how to keep your player base. If it takes you some time to figure this out then FIGURE IT OUT before you start transfers. If you muck with guilds you are done. Plain and simple.

Edited by Noviru

Of course you'd have to disband the guild and empty the bank before you move. Only makes sense. The reason they can't move an entire guild to a new server is because that guild name or guildmaster's name may already be taken.

What if you transferred and found out someone had ninja'd your guild because they had your old guildmaster's name when you got there?

Don't even think i have enough bank/bag space to hold my guild bank.....will be a push to get everything in, even with using 5 officers banks.

What if u want to go to a pvp server? Have t read all the pages not sure if this was covered. Our guild would like to go to pvp server but it is sounding like that may not be possible. Edited by Pizzel

What if u want to go to a pvp server? Have t read all the pages not sure if this was covered. Our guild would lineup go to a pvp server but it is sounding like that may not be possible.

Not at first, but more options will be available later.

Taking too slow, not only to start but the process of server selection in this initial process.

Given how much this is affecting the game, I'm surprised how slowly they are proceeding.

And the Guild transfer process is really kind of a slap in the face.

Edited by Deyjarl

There will be a full FAQ published on Tuesday to answer most of your questions, but I wanted to go ahead and answer these two.

1. Due to a variety of factors (including the naming and re-naming process after transferring characters), this was deemed to be the most efficient method in assuring that Guilds retain their Guild Banks on the new server.

• Disband the Guild.

Appreciate the info, do you have any info if we will be able to do a name check to see if we can keep our character's name before committing to a new server?

Also, I know this probably isn't your call, but is there any way we can get the Transfer FAQ earlier than the day transfers start. Seems a little short notice. Tomorrow would be highly desired, so people have the weekend to digest information, but even Monday would be better than nothing.

Edited by Allyhoo

Joveth, I think some people are concerned around the timeframe that a linked origin server and destination server will have to ensure that all members of a guild can transfer using the free process. Maybe if you could clarify that piece, it would help matters. For example, with a guild of 300, if say ServerA -> ServerB transfers were only open for 2 weeks, then it is possible that some members of the guild may miss out on the window due to schedules, etc. However, if the process between ServerA -> ServerB is available for months, then I think the concern is relatively unfounded.

You can bank on it.

I really wish players would not speak or try to answer questions as if they are a Dev or Community Moderator.

Edited by Deyjarl

They've stated many times that won't happen. Guilds will NOT be split up. It's a non-issue.

You JUST have to go through hoops of fire (AKA customer service).

For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it. If you have a guild bank, it will be re-granted to your new guild on your destination server by Customer Service. This is not an automatic process and you will have to contact Customer Service directly.

In order to ensure an optimal playing experience for every server, we’ll be offering direct transfers from one origin server to a pre-selected destination server. This means that the destination server will already be selected for the origin server. As mentioned in our blog post, all server types and languages will be respected. You will not find your PvE characters transferred to a PvP server, or vice versa.

Post in your guild notes (or website) which server you're going to. I had to do this in a few mmo's. Here's wow's tactic (which is essentially the same way SWTOR is doing it,only it takes longer cause they have more character development in this game (legacy)): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1550771 (read the FAQ page)

**TAKE NOTE**

Please note that we will not be dividing the population of an origin server onto multiple destination servers for this free character transfer process.

Additionally, players need not worry about rushing to transfer as free character transfers between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations naturally. Rest assured that if we ever decide to stop this free character transfer service, players will be given plenty of advanced notice.

:csw_trooper:My Step son and a few friends joined Star Wars late and were ineligible for the free transfer to an Asia/Pacific server, at the time The Jekk’Jekk Tarr and The Harbinger were unofficial Australian servers so he went there, my question (or His).

With the new server Transfers coming on June 12th will he be able to join me and his mother on Dalborra as there are now official Asia/Pacific servers? :csw_fett:

No This merge is only for dead / light servers to go to a predefined destination. You're in the boat with the rest of us...someone will have to fork cash.

:csw_trooper:The Jekk’Jekk Tarr is a light server, and he wishes to come to a Asia/Pacific server. :csw_fett:

Edited by Anarchistic

If someone is gone over the period of time that the process is open and comes back after when new round is up, are they going to be able to?

What about people returning to the game that are members?

• Disband the Guild.

My problem with this is we have a lot of players that are taking a break or will be back shortly after 1.3 launches. WIthout a MOTD saying "Hey We've transfered to "X Server, hit up This player for a /ginvite when you arrive" they might just think they were kicked from the guild for inactivity. :/

If someone is gone over the period of time that the process is open and comes back after when new round is up, are they going to be able to?

What about people returning to the game that are members?

They log on with no guild tag, try and find people from the old guild but they are all gone, try and look for them on the new server but they all needed to change names, time to find the old guild but it's name was changed as well.

Did you HONESTLY expect anything better?