I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?

What is the rational about nixing being able to play in WZs while waiting for an FP to pop?

How about doing something positive when you do something like this and let me queue for FPs on multiple characters then so that odds of getting an FP to pop inside three hours vastly improve. :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't want people dropping out of the match to join a fp. I support their decision to do this, queue for one or the other.

Sure if you can pop an fp as quickly as a wz. As it is I can go through 5+ wzs without group finder finding an fp group and that is with 4 of those WZs being full timed Huttball matches. More people rage quit from WZs because no one is organizing. Better to get ingame vox than force people to sit with the game minimized waiting for an hour plus in the hopes the group finder sound fires to announce they can finally play an op.

As I stated originally before creating a negative find a positive. Don't remove ability to remain queued for an FP unless you add something positive to replace this feature.

They don't want people dropping out of the match to join a fp. I support their decision to do this, queue for one or the other.

Then i guess they want to see less people in FP queues, making at least 1-49 ones almost infinite.

Also, they want to make leveling experience less flexible, since now, if you don't want to do the story for 1000th time, you are forced or to run WZ's non-stop until you're sick of them and close the game, or to wait in infinite FP queues doing nothing until you're sick of waiting and again close the game.

Edited by Trollokdamus

What is the rational about nixing being able to play in WZs while waiting for an FP to pop?

How about doing something positive when you do something like this and let me queue for FPs on multiple characters then so that odds of getting an FP to pop inside three hours vastly improve. :D

Bioware didn't give any reason why they did this.

Some players say that it would stop people from quitting in the middle of a WZ, but quite frankly that is nonsense: people quit in the middle of the WZ when they saw that the other team has waaaay better gear then them and they know they will loose it for certain.

It's just one of those things on the list of changes they refuse to explain.

To make matters even worse, they even didn't say anything about this change until players started noticing it. Nothing. Not a word. They didn't ask players if they wanted it. They didn't say it was comming. they didn't put it in their patch notes.

It wasn't one of the 'better communication'' items, that's for sure.

Did people tend to do this, then ditch the WZ as soon as their FP popped? That may be your answer as they have been talking about finding ways to address players abandoning WZs mid-match.

No a more acceptable answer is to deny them from queuing in both. Its either PvE or PvP. That way a person can look through chat logs and find that is looking for his type of class.

Well I can't say what everyone does or what hurts what. I can only say what has happened to me. I used to que for warzones to pass the time into getting a hm fp. Now I only que for HM fp. It doesn't pop in 4 hours and then i goto bed. now i'm not playing any warzones or flashpoints. I haven't been able to find a group once since 1.4 came out. and i'm on 3-5 hours a day. Granted its late at night but i used to be able to get one flashpoint in after work... I don't know what i'm going to do now. I really liked this game.

What I'm hearing is people saying they want to be able to stay in their group finder queue while they're playing a warzone and that it no longer possible. I'm assuming here, but the accepted practice seems to be that you will enter your flashpoint when the queue pops whether you're in the warzone or not, or you will enter your flashpoint after you've completed your warzone. Is that right? Because if that's right, that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. You want the ability to leave the warzone you're in, in effect hurting 7 other people who are sharing that time with you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours) so you can do the flashpoint you want to do. OR, your plan is to make 3 other people wait for you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours either) to begin their flashpoint while you finish your warzone? Man you're just the most important person in this game and everyone should schedule their play time around your schedule and be honored that you've chosen to play with us eh?

What I'm hearing is people saying they want to be able to stay in their group finder queue while they're playing a warzone and that it no longer possible. I'm assuming here, but the accepted practice seems to be that you will enter your flashpoint when the queue pops whether you're in the warzone or not, or you will enter your flashpoint after you've completed your warzone. Is that right? Because if that's right, that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. You want the ability to leave the warzone you're in, in effect hurting 7 other people who are sharing that time with you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours) so you can do the flashpoint you want to do. OR, your plan is to make 3 other people wait for you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours either) to begin their flashpoint while you finish your warzone? Man you're just the most important person in this game and everyone should schedule their play time around your schedule and be honored that you've chosen to play with us eh?

You know, with such high degree of offense in your post it's not even worth replying. Either read everything what was said on the issue in order to understand what's happening, or share your opinion and thoughts in a more friendly manner.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Not at all.

In fact I would prefer the game not be so dependent upon such things in the first place.

You know, with such high degree of offense in your post it's not even worth replying. Either read everything what was said on the issue in order to understand what's happening, or share your opinion and thoughts in a more friendly manner.

I agree that my post is offensive, but I was offended myself by the original post. If I'm in a warzone, it is frustrating to me for a person to quit either because we're losing OR because they've decided to go do their flashpoint. If I'm queued for a flashpoint, it's frustrating for me to have to wait for that person to finish their warzone before they join our queue for the flashpoint. Supposed they're in a tight huttball game and it goes the full 15 minutes? Why should I have to wait for you to complete ALL the content you want to complete before I can start the content I want to start? What makes your time better or more valuable than mine? Now if you have a problem with the mechanics of the system that's one thing, but to say you simply want to be able to do both and it's dumb that you can't is very insulting to me. If feel it trivializes my time, however limited or unlimited it might be. If you want to group for flashpoints, do that. If you want to group for warzones, do that. Don't make other people wait or suffer a man or two down just so that you can do both.

With that said, I should have been more constructive with my post and for that I apologize. Stating your opinion doesn't give me the right to insult you just because I disagree with that opinion. I should have handled that in a more adult manner.

A simpler solution, IMO, would be that if your turn comes up while you're in a WZ it skips you but keeps your place in queue for once WZ is over.

This is a much more reasonable solution than giving an incentive for people to leave, like it used to do

A simpler solution, IMO, would be that if your turn comes up while you're in a WZ it skips you but keeps your place in queue for once WZ is over.

Agree, but if someone else comes along and wants your spot for the GF, they should get it if you are in a WZ and then you would be put back at the top of the list. Once you get out you would be given a message that you are at the top of the list.

I agree that my post is offensive, but I was offended myself by the original post. If I'm in a warzone, it is frustrating to me for a person to quit either because we're losing OR because they've decided to go do their flashpoint.

It can indeed be frustrating, but this is how i see the situation:

A random WZ is the same as a random FP. It's a PuG (pick up group). Noone owes anything to anyone except performing their role while a part of the group. This means, even if it's considered impolite and rude, noone is bound to stay for the whole match/run. People can leave whenever they want.

Yes, by doing so they put their former team into disadvantage, but this is how the system works. The only things devs can do is either completely forbid leaving the FP's and WZ's before they are completed (which is ridiculous), or implement some sort of penalties.

As a player, you can overcome the said issues by playing in an organized group, let it be a pre-made or a guild run. This is why people organize into guilds, no matter PvP or PvE focused - to have reliable people at their side.

If I'm queued for a flashpoint, it's frustrating for me to have to wait for that person to finish their warzone before they join our queue for the flashpoint. Supposed they're in a tight huttball game and it goes the full 15 minutes? Why should I have to wait for you to complete ALL the content you want to complete before I can start the content I want to start? What makes your time better or more valuable than mine?

Well, you're definitely not waiting endlessly for a person to click his "ready" button. When a FP group is formed, there is a 1 minute window for everyone to accept their roles. If a person doesn't do it for any given reason in the said time frame, he's booted from the queue and the remaining people are placed on top of the list.