State of the Game #3

CourtneyWoods

What i would like to know is when are we going to see a launch for Latin America, or at least a patch for spanish language, there is a general bad feeling towards the game here in latin america because people feels that we are beeing treated like a third class market, most people have to use proxies or VPNs just to create an account because the website don't allow it from latin america, you have an interesting market here but you are wasting it, you should learn a couple of things from blizzard on how to treat other markets besides USA and Europe.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh...

"We’re committed to continuing our 8-week new content cadence"

When exactly did 6 weeks become 8 Jeff? You asked for 9 over the Holiday season, but we were told 6...not 8.

Edited by TUXs

Any chance that older cartel packs will include the reputation tokens ?

Currently nobody buys the older cartel packs, Malak gear outfit is filling the GTN while Despot, Revan, Phantom etc outfits dwindles.

Seems a bad idea to include the reputation tokens in just ONE pack, dont you think ?

"And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer."

OMG, isnt there already enough stuff going through the Cartel Market!, I can understand the species change but the rest of it should be accessible to all in the game, not via $$$ through the Cartel Market in the game.

Bad move Bioware. Ive supported and loved everything done thus far, but this is a No No, please dont make hair style, eye color, body type changes only available through the Cartel Market, make it a Core Game System.

Holy crap! Sorry for the double post but I went back and read all the responses in this thread complaining about the barbershop feature only being available on the CM.

Based on what I've read, I have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of you are completely new to F2P MMOs. Because I also play DCUO and Tera and have dabbled in LOTRO. And pretty much any character customization you want you have to purchase from the in-game store.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, just saying this is standard practice. Do you guys not play other MMOs?

"And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer."

OMG, isnt there already enough stuff going through the Cartel Market!, I can understand the species change but the rest of it should be accessible to all in the game, not via $$$ through the Cartel Market in the game.

Bad move Bioware. Ive supported and loved everything done thus far, but this is a No No, please dont make hair style, eye color, body type changes only available through the Cartel Market, make it a Core Game System.

It's going to be really interesting if the actual implementation is tokens for changes that drop from the gambling packs.

Open a pack, you might get a token to change hair style. Or a token to change eye color. Or a token to change tattoos. Oops, but what if your character isn't a race that uses tattoos? Or you're Rattataki so no hair style to change?

Yeah, this is going to go nuclear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

^This is all I hear from half these posts. "Oh, charging Cartel coins for the barber shop is bad..." Look, it was just announced, I'm sure they'll announce more about it over time. And, we'll be getting Cathar around the same time!

"An 8 week patch release, what happened to 6!?!" It was always 6 TO 8 weeks! 8 weeks gives them a bit more wiggle room.

But, instead of looking at the positives, the people on the forums would rather whine and cry like three year old's who haven't gotten their naps.

:csw_guard: Good to hear more updates are coming, albeit slowly. They can't give us to much information, they don't want to show their hand. Personally, I would like to see more planets and possibly more chapters for the characters coinciding with the current state of the galaxy. There have been and always will be conflicts. I'm a sub and am always hungry for more!

Holy crap! Sorry for the double post but I went back and read all the responses in this thread complaining about the barbershop feature only being available on the CM.

Based on what I've read, I have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of you are completely new to F2P MMOs. Because I also play DCUO and Tera and have dabbled in LOTRO. And pretty much any character customization you want you have to purchase from the in-game store.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, just saying this is standard practice. Do you guys not play other MMOs?

Yeah we play other MMO's and so you know I have been a sub since early access, but I'm also an old player of MMO's that didn't include a "real world monetary value" to change something that you should be able to do anyway, SWG is a great example of that.

At the end of the day the Cartel Market is a big success for what it offers, equipment, XP buffs etc, but I'm on the side of that is how it should remain, things like the "Barbershop" shouldn't be a Cartel Market option but a core game option, but then just wait for some of the more hardcore RolePlayers to get a hold of the news, they will have a field day with how much of a bad idea this is going to be.

Our new, high capacity servers are teeming with people.

just LOL ... you only talk about the fleet i guess...

And I’m happy to announce (...) a new customization feature (...) using Cartel Coins.

yeah a new feature if you... pay with cartel coins of course !!!

waouhhhh impressive post... :rolleyes:

cartel market is your new real game, your only goal. and 75% of new contents are for cartel market.

"An 8 week patch release, what happened to 6!?!" It was always 6 TO 8 weeks! 8 weeks gives them a bit more wiggle room.

No, it wasn't. It was 6. They said they were going to commit to 6 weeks. If they need 8, I'm fine with that, but I want them aiming for 6. If they aim for 8, does that mean 10 becomes their "wiggle room"?

Yeah we play other MMO's and so you know I have been a sub since early access, but I'm also an old player of MMO's that didn't include a "real world monetary value" to change something that you should be able to do anyway, SWG is a great example of that.

At the end of the day the Cartel Market is a big success for what it offers, equipment, XP buffs etc, but I'm on the side of that is how it should remain, things like the "Barbershop" shouldn't be a Cartel Market option but a core game option, but then just wait for some of the more hardcore RolePlayers to get a hold of the news, they will have a field day with how much of a bad idea this is going to be.

I don't see anywhere that says it's in the Cartel Market. It's just going to cost Cartel Coins, which most of us get already for being a Sub. Could we all at least WAIT until they announce more before we start getting mad for no reason?

I think it's great that you guys have done what you can with the cards you were dealt, and I continue to enjoy the game. I still wish there were resources for story updates, class stories, new companions, and gear earned by new quests and encounters instead of cartel points, but it is what it is. You guys have done a commendable job making lemonade with some pretty crappy lemons.

HOWEVER, and this is petty of me: "cadence" as a word to describe your development cycle? It's terrible. Please get one of the writers you have left (surely you have at least one?) to proof these things and not Joveth, who I think started this whole "cadence" thing.

He said a whole lot of nothing. [...]

The purpose of state of the game address in my understanding is not to give specifics but to give a very general outlook of the, well, "state of the game".

So what did you expect? Fixed dates? patch notes? A detailed earnings report (as if)?

One QoL change I'm hoping they'll consider is a restructuring of ship boarding/take-off/landing. This wouldn't really affect gameplay but would reduce unnecessary loading screens AND make the player feel more in control of his shipboard experience.

Here's the suggestion:

1) SHIP STAYS IN HANGER UPON BOARDING

Ship interiors are already instanced. It becomes problematic to board your ship, deal with the take-off animation, then deal with "space" loading -- especially when some missions require you to use your holo-terminal and then immediately disembark back to the planet you just left, including dealing with landing animation and the arduous re-loading of the planet.

The hanger interior already exists, so this wouldn't require new art assets. It would make it MUCH simpler to deal with any on-board mission requirements (that don't require travel to another system) plus conversations with companions.

From an RP standpoint, the ship shouldn't automatically take-off on auto-pilot just because I walk in the door.

2) PLAYER MUST MANUALLY LAUNCH THE SHIP FROM THE COCKPIT

This way the ship will stay in dock/hanger until the player wants to leave.

The transition can be handled one of two ways - either the player activates take-off from the cockpit, the animation plays and orbital space loads (the way it does now) OR the player sets course from the cockpit, the take-off animation plays, orbital space loads up then immediately plays the hyperspace animation that transitions to the orbit around the destination planet.

Holo-terminal calls could either take place now or wait until the player has landed the ship in dock or planetary hanger.

3) PLAYER MANUALLY LANDS THE SHIP FROM THE COCKPIT

The landing animation would play as normal, followed by the usual planet loading. The difference is that the ship doesn't auto-land while the player stands idly at the door.

After loading, the player would still be in their cockpit with the hanger/dock viewable through the window. The player could then perform whatever shipboard functions he chooses before going to the door and disembarking.

Not only would this QoL change make more sense from an RP standpoint (which is part of the gameplay) but also avoid the inconvenience of unnecessary load times - especially in circumstances where the player has forgotten to use the holoterminal before leaving the ship and then has to deal with double load times when going back inside because of the auto take-off.

... things like the "Barbershop" shouldn't be a Cartel Market option but a core game option, but then just wait for some of the more hardcore RolePlayers to get a hold of the news, they will have a field day with how much of a bad idea this is going to be.

Already happening.

Customizing your character (post - rolling) is pretty cool but I don't think they should charge cartel coins for it. It seems they're really pushing everything with cartel coins which is ok but prices are expensive. I think they should push the cartel market just a little less with the current prices in the sense that they should lower prices or add more defining things rather than just cosmetics. Give us something that really gives us an edge, something really worth our money. I'm already paying $15 a month so I don't need to buy weekly passes or anything but I do like to buy stuff like XP boosts or the cartel rep stuff. Those are good, because they progress you through the game like better gear and more items. Cartel coins for legacy perks is good though, that's cool. Something cool would be paying cartel coins for the ability to do a long quest chain that leads to a really great item that will change gameplay like rocket boots that can be used in PVP; something that really changes the game...not just a speeder with camo on it or a pet that follows you around. Although, a speeder that's faster than any other speeder and only in the cartel market, that would be good. Once again, just make more useful things sold in the Cartel Market. Overall, I think Bioware is on the right track. Keep improving the game and I'll keep playing. :)