Some things you may not have seen before...

PianoMatt

So, I have been quite underwhelmed with the limited wall decorations we have access to for our strongholds (which has somewhat improved, but has a long way to go) and I decided to make my own...

If someone else has dibs on this idea first, kudos to them....but I have not seen anyone doing this yet...so Kudos to me and you're welcome for the inspiration if you decide to play around with this yourselves.

By messing around with layouts and overlapping trophies, there is the potential to create some pretty eye catching wall art for your strongholds. I've hardly tapped into all of the options, but here are a few shots of what I have up at the moment. (Trophies are not the only decorations you should limit yourself to when playing around with this idea)

Ladies and Gentleman, my Gaytastical Stronghold in it's early stages:

http://imgur.com/a/83EnD

Enjoy!

Very nice! If they ever decide to raise the hook limit I might borrow some of these ^_^

Sidenote, get the Ventilated Triumverate set and unlock it in your collections, that way if your going to have your companions stand around in their undies, they can be shiney undies!

Edited by XiamaraSimi

At a distance, I love it; it's like stained-glass windows. But personally, I would always be tilting my head trying to right the images, lol.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. From a distance you've got this nice abstract blur of colors in various stained glass type frameworks, but up close you would see the figures in the portraits and it would stick out as looking "wrong" because of the angles. Still, moving things around to mash them up like this would be a huge step up from the hastily thrown together art gallery that can be made when filling hooks just for the conquest bonus.

Absolutely beauty! I'm blown away. Unfortunately, to create some of these, where normally you just use 1 hook to put something up, you have to use up 8 to 12 hooks. I've gotten my place to look real nice and can't pull anything out to do something like this but I will try. You really should get an award for coming up with this. Major Kudo's!

• 2 weeks later...

/hat tip

Very nice - I am pilfering this but I will duly point out to all that ask that it is infact, the 'gaytastic' technique. This is some next level stuff here, like Star Wars Fung Shui.....Put this up on Pintrest and soccer moms will be all over Hobby Lobby on Black Friday trying to get the stuff they need to make this.

Great work!

I Thought I'd add this....

It's the dark side signs made into café tables. - Add a few chairs et voilà!

Signs as cantina tables

You can have themed Dark side or light side watering holes or offices or mix them up as you see fit!

That's pretty damn awesome right there. Stealing this as well.

Hrmm....cannot seem to get them low enough on the wall to look right :/

Edited by Horacio

I don't know how I did it, but i managed to remove enough items from my stronghold without removing too much so I was able to create 3 of these pieces of art and put them up. 1 in the main hallway, and 2 in main room that looks out onto the balcony.

I invited a guildie to come look at them. She totally freaked out! I'm serious. She couldn't believe that they were made from multiple art trophy's. She couldn't stop saying how cool and amazing they look. (And I said I can't take credit for the idea cause PianoMatt did it first).

If anyone wants to see them, I'm on the Bastion and my Nar Shaddaa's strongholds name it DOGGONECRAZY Galactic Stronghold. Come by and have a look.

Edited by Banthabreeder