artifice enhancement twins

Norinn

Ok,once you get to the lvl where you can train for the enhancement 19 and up, some schematics are exact duplicates of another. I dressed up a list of the eEnhancement 22 that were duplicated (probably the same goes for 19 and 21):

Adroit - Wisdom

Assault - Wily

Astute - Intuition

Barrage - Savant

Bastion - Steadfast

Bulwark - Vigilant

Cognizant - Lucid

Erudition - Veracity

Finesse - Volition

Foresight - Verity

Incisive - Severe

Inertial - Ward

Proficient - Studious

Sagacity - Sentient

There is also those 2:

Reflective, +13 End., +19 Crit., +19 Power and +28 Shields

Skirmish: +13 End., +19 Crit and +28 Shields.

I may have missed some, but I really hope BW will do something about that.

I noticed this as well...

I was also very curious about the reflective enhancement 22 as I was crafting those yesterday. Why are they the only ones with 4 stats? If you look at all the others, the total +xx of all stats is equal, but this one seems to get a boost (I believe of +24). Any thoughts?

EDIT: +24 is on the blue reflective 22

Edited by GrabThemCakes

This has been known about and brought up by the playerbase since even beta, but has never been updated.

I might be a tad off on the exact details, but from what I understand the reason this occurred in the first place was because the enhancements were all put in place on an older system design where there was more variety as to which main attributes each classes would use.

They eventually simplified that system (warriors use str, inqs use willpower, etc.), and probably ran a script to update various enhancements as a result, but afterwards never removed any enhancements that then became redundant as a result.

It's not gamebreaking by any means, but definitely annoying and was technically a waste of credits for those (most of us) who like to train everything.

Yeah, I bought a bunch of duplicates hoping that they'd be different after RE into blue & purples.

Nope. Should have hit alt-tab and done some Googling first. :sul_embarrassed:

Lesson learned. I didn't waste too much money on them and long since recovered from the wasteful binge.

The duplicates are supposed to be removed in patch 1.2. They didn't clarify which is the duplicate and which will be retained. I'm not buying or REing any of these paterns before 1.2 goes live. I'd hate to RE a patern to lose it when the patch goes live.

The other alternative is maybe somebody on the PTS can get us a list of which are being kept.

Oh great... :(

I just hope they "merge" them rather than arbitrarily deleting them. That is to say turn all "A" and "B" enhancements into one or the other - or even into "C" - rather than deleting "A" and leaving those who researched "B" SOL.

They're smart enough to do that, right? I hope? :confused:

I just wish they would "fix" them and not just remove them until they have gone through them thoroughly.

If you look at the Steadfast Enhancement 21E and 22E this is a , well, stupid factor in the progression.

Steadfast Enhancement:

Level 47, 21E: 20 Endurance, 22 Shield, 14 Defense.

Level 49, 22E: 22 Endurance, 28 Shield, 10 Defense.

A gain of + 2 Endurance, + 6 Shield, and a - 4 Defense for a total of + 2 pts

Why did the shield rating jump so high, and more so, why did the Defense drop.

The Same Enhancement , Steadfast, with upgrading 1 E level 21-22, and the Stats are so different.

They could use one of the carbon copy (Duplicate) enhancements to make use of the "new" stats on the upgraded version and just properly upgrade the Steadfast, and probably others enhancements as well, in line as they should be.

Edited by Esproc

I suppose if they changed the stats on the duplicates- that would technically be removing them....

I hope that is what they do. I'm not sure we need to have such variety in level 22 enhancements, but it's a lot better than the heartburn that will result if they just delete them.

I'd really like to know if we're getting schematics for 23,24,25 enhancements as well.

The duplicates are supposed to be removed in patch 1.2. They didn't clarify which is the duplicate and which will be retained. I'm not buying or REing any of these paterns before 1.2 goes live. I'd hate to RE a patern to lose it when the patch goes live.

The other alternative is maybe somebody on the PTS can get us a list of which are being kept.

I have a char on PTS and I checked this out but it doesn't look like they removed/fixed anything.

Battle 19 is still Crit+Shield instead of Crit+Surge like the rest of the line too.

If I remember when I get home I'll check it out in more detail.

I'd really like to know if we're getting schematics for 23,24,25 enhancements as well.

Not from the trainer at least. They still only sell up to 22.

I heard that raid dropped mods will be RE'able, so most likely that is where we will get them from.

Edited by Rhaphael

Yeah they need to remove them or change the stats. I wasted a good amount of creds. Artifice was a big disappointment.

It's not gamebreaking by any means, but definitely annoying and was technically a waste of credits for those (most of us) who like to train everything.

I totally agree, and I did waste money on the Enhancement 19 (trained in everything) but once I realized that, I took my time for 21 and 22. And I agree it's annoying.

I have a char on PTS and I checked this out but it doesn't look like they removed/fixed anything.

Battle 19 is still Crit+Shield instead of Crit+Surge like the rest of the line too.

If I remember when I get home I'll check it out in more detail.

Not from the trainer at least. They still only sell up to 22.

I heard that raid dropped mods will be RE'able, so most likely that is where we will get them from.

Thanks for the Intel Rhaphael !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the list needs cleaning up. I am also puzzled by the progression of stats on some of them.

For example:

Protection 19 (Blue) 21 Endurance, 14 Accuracy, 23 Defense

Protection 21 (Blue) 14 Endurance, 29 Accuracy, 25 Defense

Protection 22 (Blue) 16 Endurance, 34 Accuracy, 24 Defense

Why would you decrease Defense on an item labeled as 'Protection'?

They should progress like the Cybertech mods where each tier increases all stats.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea overall this is very confusing I actually spend at least an hour after looking at my recipies and saying how the heck are we supposed to remember which one had which stats!!! Then after making a table I noticed the duplicates which frustrated me because hello.....WASTE OF MONEY!!!! so ya that was fun! I wish I would have saw this sooner and only bought the non duplicates. Eh like everyone else says...lesson learned. So here is the chart I made it is for the Level 47 enhancements. Version 11 I believe....maybe this will help some others who want to get it now but would like to view what stats they each have.

http://www.dlok.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=442797&TabID=3786401&TopicID=10108581&ForumID=2135575#forumEnd

Oh great... :(

I just hope they "merge" them rather than arbitrarily deleting them. That is to say turn all "A" and "B" enhancements into one or the other - or even into "C" - rather than deleting "A" and leaving those who researched "B" SOL.

They're smart enough to do that, right? I hope? :confused:

I seriously doubt it at this point friend.

Yea overall this is very confusing I actually spend at least an hour after looking at my recipies and saying how the heck are we supposed to remember which one had which stats!!! Then after making a table I noticed the duplicates which frustrated me because hello.....WASTE OF MONEY!!!! so ya that was fun! I wish I would have saw this sooner and only bought the non duplicates. Eh like everyone else says...lesson learned. So here is the chart I made it is for the Level 47 enhancements. Version 11 I believe....maybe this will help some others who want to get it now but would like to view what stats they each have.

http://www.dlok.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=442797&TabID=3786401&TopicID=10108581&ForumID=2135575#forumEnd

Thank you for the table.

Just looking at the list shows how INSANE the current system is. Also this is only a bloody third of the green lvl40+ enhancements. I totally regret buying even one of the lower tiers (was for lvl44 and 47 i think? highest tier being for 49)

Did you read about the bug that makes your char perma crash and thus unplayable if you have too many schematics memorized and a lot of crafting material stashed in your bank?

My own crew skill windows lags badly whenever I open it due too that insane number of schematics.

If anyone reads this who is leveling up their artifce, do not buy those schematics at all. Do buy only the lvl49 schematics that you do need and RE those. You will likely be lvl50 before you got ur first purple researched. :)

There are more than one threads out there for this exact same thing. Bumping this one in hopes that the squeaky wheel gets some grease. This is such a silly oversight. Its like the programmer that worked on it originally quit, and no one ever went back and finished it. Its not just a "oh the numbers are slightly off", its a huge mess of duplicates and broken combinations that look like they were created by a random attribute selector.