Aces?

Argonloris

JC Imp side. No love for Eichman, Chitterling, Bountydog or Snakepliskin?

Eichman is in the list. the other ones may not have been nominated when I did the update on that post. Sorry on the delayed timing of updating it but since I haven't had luck with the lottery I have to work on occasion and I never mastered that whole shadow clone jutsu thing in real life so it means it actually has to be me at work. I'll probably do the updates and add the European servers this Wednesday.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play on Herbinger and fly both Imperial/Republic almost equally. And I agree with others on there are bunch of really good players on Herbinger.

Having said that, I rarely feel overwhelmed by other pilots when going 1 on 1 except when I face "Willie" and "Twilight". I consider myself a fair scout pilot and can hold my ground most of the time, but when I go up against those two scouts, I get beat up. In case of Twilight, I had to resort to cheap Gunship-sniping-from-carrier tactics to get a kill from him :p

They are both republic scouts.

I also play on JC as a solo PUGer. I’ve probably played 400+ matches for both the Imps and Pubs each. I die a lot. So I’m somewhat experienced with identifying who the killers are. I’ll just list people that I think are better than me and call them aces. Perhaps that’s too permissive. But, when you are down where I am, it’s like I’m primordial pond scum looking up into a forest of trees and trying to tell which are the tallest. They all look pretty tall to me.

Anyway, first my thoughts on the Grunty and Udezak prejudice. Both are really really good. Excluding them seems silly.

Udezak flies everything well. He has the best spatial awareness of any pilot that I’ve faced. To give you an idea of what I am talking about, he used to use Koiogran Turn effectively on his Flashfire (although, he seems to have switched to retro thrusters lately). I hate KT. I never end up where I think I’m going to end up. When Udezak uses KT, I start mashing “C” only to see him already bearing down on me from some bizarre and unanticipated angle. He seems to avoid head on confrontations because it’s that easy for him to get behind you. In blowouts, he’ll switch to weaker ships, and still get top kills. He kills me in his Comet Breaker using only blasters. Every time he kills, it’s a work of art. If on his journey of starfighter battles he should encounter God, God will be cut by his lasers.

Plus, if you do manage to kill him, this whole posse of enraged teammates will chase you all over the map, which is kind of amusing.

As for Grunty, he is also one of the top pilots. Is he better than Udezak? I can’t say. I will say that I only ever seem to see him flying the Burst Laser Bypass Surprise version of the Flashfire, so I don’t have a good feel for his ability in other ships. I think this is where some of the prejudice come in. Some pilots seem to resent players that rack up kills flying the Flashfire because they assume that it’s easier.

Additionally, there is an impression that flying Pub on JC is much easier than flying Imp. Anecdotally, I have experienced a difference in difficulty between flying Pub and Imp on JC. When I fly Pub, it really opens up my ability to get kills. I’m almost never under pressure from an opposing pilot, and if I do come under pressure, I can get away easily because of the quality of my team. In contrast, when I fly Imp, I’m almost always under pressure. My kill windows are often 5 seconds or less. And then I have to work for 20 or 30 seconds to set up another kill window. I often die of exhaustion (out of engine power from being chased by three or more quality opponents), which pretty much never happens Pub side.

Not every game is like that, of course. But as a general trend in my games flying as a solo PUGer, it is more difficult to fly Imp than Pub on JC.

Anyway, I think that’s where the prejudice comes from. Grunty just ended up as the figurehead for it because he is probably the best of the pilots that appear to only fly the Flashfire. But he certainly isn’t the only one that does it. Grunty’s self-promoting post failing to acknowledge any other pilots probably didn’t help.

Anyway, I’m not going to exclude any pilots because they choose to fly only Flashfires. You pay your money, and you can play how you want to. If you exclude them, it just makes you look petty.

Moving on. Here is my list of JC aces (in no particular order). I’m always happy to fly with any of these pilots, and enjoy playing against them when they are on the other side.

Republic Pilots: Oscarette, Miscionvera (sp?), Jadea, HolyOne, John Basilone, Lightsider , Grunty, Udezak, I-toon, Pearl, Padraic, Fanteen, Fezz, Mikal’b, Aeden, Beq, Dogstar, Riceball, Sardonic, Ketch, Karlth(sp?), Cleanbreze, Velocitie, Melkad’I, Battledress, Henray, Amunzuul (sp?), Wan-ti, Lon-o, Palon, Jostorians, Dinkerus, Darttan, Impspy, Morfran, Challish.

Imperial Pilots: Ghrymm, Dhatlee, Vehementt, Darkforester, Chitterling, Fantean, Dinkeria, Durauhn (sp?), Unobawana (sp?), Darkspice, Illscanyou, Loveless, Maldarus, Graendahl, Eichman, Mar’ec, K’orvith, Szangel, Rauen.

That list is not intended to be comprehensive. I play in the late morning or early afternoon. So if you only play in the evenings, we probably just don’t cross paths often. And I’m going off of memory. If we do cross paths a lot, and I missed you, it isn’t intended to be a slight. My memory isn’t what it used to be, and I’m sure you’re as good as you think you are. Apologies in advance for the oversight.

Here, I'll give you the factions for your "unknown" list for Ebon Hawk (the ones I know for sure, which is most):

Nailin - Republic

Ded'i - Imperial

Shayd - Imperial

Delphi - Imperial

Rainous - Imperial

Itkovian - Republic

Ko'shii - Imperial

Kym - Republic

Andern (is Nailin also, but plays Andern more) - Republic

Liantra - Republic

Grixx - Imperial

Balor - Republic

some Bastion Pub good fliers (Can't say they're all aces, but they all get between 30k and 70k damage average)

Wiz

Spacepuppy

Xanckef (hasn't been on in a while though)

Sinshen

Nitram

Viisas

Verain

Sindress

Phytia (anastasie's pub)

Frenchfries (not sure if he still plays)

Aquilon-Tune

Bluerae

Wreath

I forget:

Phaleg, Khraam, Shadehawk

Those are all imps. don't think Phaleg or Shadehawk do GSF anymore tho, haven't noticed them recently.

If you want to get serious about the aces on Jung Ma you could just pull the roster from the imp and pub Pilot channels, yet to see a half decent pilot that isn't in one or both of those.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Odacervicix,

Udezak was never excluded from the list. He is the first name posted on the republic side aces for that server. If my information is incorrect and he needs to be set to imperial I will be happy to change it.

That being said there are two names that are not on the list that I have seen posted. Grunty is one of them yes. Both of these people have not been added to the list because they failed to follow a simple rule of do not nominate yourself. Think of this as Corellian Blood Stripes. If someone were to wear them who didn't earn them from the people of Corellia then the actual holders of the title have the right to shoot the person on sight. Nominating yourself is like deciding you want to wear the honor badge without having made the effort to earn them.

Here, I'll give you the factions for your "unknown" list for Ebon Hawk (the ones I know for sure, which is most):

Nailin - Republic

Ded'i - Imperial

Shayd - Imperial

Delphi - Imperial

Rainous - Imperial

Itkovian - Republic

Ko'shii - Imperial

Kym - Republic

Andern (is Nailin also, but plays Andern more) - Republic

Liantra - Republic

Grixx - Imperial

Balor - Republic

Ko'shii is Republic actually, but everything else is right that I see.

Add levvix to the pub list and I would also add to the imp side players: Ceylon, Kazden, Graendahl, Jaheesh and Heidyn.

Imperial Pilots: Ghrymm, Dhatlee, Vehementt, Darkforester, Chitterling, Fantean, Dinkeria, Durauhn (sp?), Unobawana (sp?), Darkspice, Illscanyou, Loveless, Maldarus, Graendahl, Eichman, Mar’ec, K’orvith, Szangel, Rauen.

Thanks for the nomination! I tend to think of myself more of as a solid player, and not an ace, but I must say it's flattering to get noticed!

Not sure what all I can really add here, since most of the names I recognize for both sides have been hit, but thought I'd throw in my 2¢.

I think Udezak definitely belongs on the JC Pub list. He usually flies with his boys as near as I can tell, but having gone into a lot of dogfights with him/them, the kid can fly, with or without his backup. I don't know that it's right to say he carries his friends, because they all seem solid, but he's definitely a difference maker. Simply rolling with a premade shouldn't disqualify you.

As for Grunty... I think it's poor form that he nominated himself, but based on his performance, I'd say he deserves to be on the list too. I think he's a bit more likely to fly the solo mission than Udezak, or so it seems, and he performs well either way, regardless.

Outside of that, trying to think of who else should be on here... There are several that I respect and think are solid fliers, but my top pub aces would probably be Udezak, Grunty, and Levvix, with the caveat that Levvix is the only one of them that truly scares me. But Levvix always rolls a Gunship, and Ude/Grunty are (almost) always Flashfires, so fighting them's a different animal completely. I can't dogfight with Levvix in the same way I usually can with Udezak and Grunty (I usually roll a Sting).

Markviper's a name I'd probably have on the list, but I never see him anymore. Don't think I've seen him since 2.6 hit. Viper, if you're still reading this thread, play more, son! :D Or at least, play more when I am on! ;)

Beq and IDM would be on the list as well, but I don't see them anymore either. :(

Harder for me to note Imp side aces, because I fight them far less frequently (high pub side player pool imbalance for our server), and I'm less likely to note our team by the end screen alone. There's no association with the Red Emote after I explode, which is what really drills the name into my head.

However, Ceylon in his GS has put up some of the best numbers I've seen on our server. And Khess is an Imp name I've not seen anyone else mention that I'd look at. He's a hell of a good wingman in either the Sting or the Rycer. Or a dangerous opponent the few times I've run into him on an opposing team.

Note to OP:

Jedi Covenant

Unknown: Fanteen, I-Toon

Fanteen and I-Toon are both Pub pilots.

Dinkeria/Dinkerus are the same person, just that the one's Imp, the other Pub.

Fantean/Fanteen are the same person, just that the one's Imp, the other Pub.

Odacervicix,

Udezak was never excluded from the list. He is the first name posted on the republic side aces for that server. If my information is incorrect and he needs to be set to imperial I will be happy to change it.

That being said there are two names that are not on the list that I have seen posted. Grunty is one of them yes. Both of these people have not been added to the list because they failed to follow a simple rule of do not nominate yourself.

No, no. Udezak is definitely Pub. And sorry for my redundant post re: Udezak. I didn't go back and look at the first post after seeing this the other day (just hit "last page"), so just assumed he wasn't on the list based on other people's posts.

The Harbinger

Unknown: Sleeth, Myx'on, Drall'xus, Maxxmillian, Saeson, Lydocia, Greenbay, Lendul, Cobitza, Aerialz, Force'skinn, Snooogins, Enemie, Jokur, Donna'lynn, Poogles, T'zeal, Pil, Nôx

Just to help sort out The Harbinger's list I will color code those that I know according to their faction.

Hi! I was mentioned as one of the "aces" on Ebon Hawk, and I'm *extremely* flattered! But I need to set the record straight: I am no true ace. I'm what baseball players call a "Quad A" player - I do very well against rookie competition, but put me against similarly-equipped players and I am no match.

So, I'd like very much to substitute the name of Scrab in for mine, if possible. Not only is his S-13 Sting one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in action, he is too. That kid is genuinely talented, and has proven it against my hulls time and time again.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm happy to have been named. But I don't deserve it while pilots like Scrab exist on my faction.

Thanks again to whoever named me! :-) -bp

Clarifying the current Jung Ma list (since no one has mentioned the factions):

Republic:

Satele, Alex, Jaxin, Tsukuyomi, Aloriana

Imperial:

Rumina, Mas

I forget:

Phaleg, Khraam, Shadehawk

I'd also nominate Rokoth for Imperial (scout).

I'm hurt :p

Those are all imps. don't think Phaleg or Shadehawk do GSF anymore tho, haven't noticed them recently.

If you want to get serious about the aces on Jung Ma you could just pull the roster from the imp and pub Pilot channels, yet to see a half decent pilot that isn't in one or both of those.

Uh, are you sure about that? When I think Khraam the image that pops into my mind is Starguard in Pub v Pub matches. I don't think I'd be happy to have Khraam on my team if a Rycer were being flown.

Could be a near duplicate name on both sides issue.

Pot5 list somehow managed to skip Nixx'd, Zuchisen, Da'uno, and Animal'mutha on pub side. All great pilots. Animal and Uno are two of the three best gunship pilots pub side (Buzz is the third, but order changes almost daily because they're so close). Zuch and Nixx regularly give me a run for my money.

Scrab plays both sides (on both Pot5 and TEH), while Is'pep, Kegger, and Keeneye are imps.

Toe is another amazing pilot for imp side. So's Shock, when he's around, on whatever name he's chosen for that month. Kyorai and Jaggedfell are also definitely worth a mention. Unfortunately, it seems like most of the Pot5 imps have gotten less and less active over the past month or so.

TEH's pubs should have Kintosi and imps should have Imperius.

There's a bunch of unknowns for TEH. I'll clean up what I can.

Pubs: Itkovian, Ko'shii, Balor, Gis'ella

Imps: Ded'i, Shayd, Delphi

Edited by Armonddd

Uh, are you sure about that? When I think Khraam the image that pops into my mind is Starguard in Pub v Pub matches. I don't think I'd be happy to have Khraam on my team if a Rycer were being flown.

Could be a near duplicate name on both sides issue.

I don't ever recall encountering a Khraam pubside, and I main a pub that has been active in gsf since day one. I do remember a imp gunship that was named Khraam although I think he had some special characters in his name. Perhaps a alt.

For the record Pylan and perhaps Shranishor should be added in as a superb Pike Ace for Jung Ma.