SWTOR acronyms explained

Icestar

Because "LF 2D HM16 KP" is much quicker/easier to type than "Looking for two damage dealers for 16-man Hard Mode Karagga's Palace" : )

Shorthand is also an extremely efficient means of getting information out quickly when you're multitasking.

"mid 3 inc"

That is an example of shorthand you might see in a PVP match's Ops Chat, conveying that the middle node is about to be attacked by 3 enemy players. (inc = incoming)

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

• 4 weeks later...
Is a lightsaber force or melee? What is the difference between ranged and tech? Isn't all ranged tech?
The weapon type and the attack type are different.

A lightsaber is a melee weapon, but some attacks you make with a lightsaber equiipped are "melee" attacks, and others are "force" attacks.

Same with ranged and tech attacks. A smuggler's blaster is a ranged weapon, but some of your attacks will be "ranged", and others will be "tech" attacks.

If you hit P and look at your abilities, you can see which are force vs melee, or ranged vs tech.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Thanks for all that information! It really helps me understand everything!

A fun fact is that friends that play other games (They have no idea I created it) actually pointed out this thread, I am glad that I can help more then SWTOR players :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Also more of 'em:

VG - Vanguard

Lotek'k - same as TFB

LBLO - last boss lockout

Multickle - when you enter command "/e tickles you."

I have updated the post

Thank you :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what 'tt' / 'TT' might be? I see it in WZ occasionally. I thought I it might be target tank, but I see it in arenas with no tanks, so that can't be it.

It's on DM, so it might not be in English. :confused:

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Anyone know what 'tt' / 'TT' might be? I see it in WZ occasionally. I thought I it might be target tank, but I see it in arenas with no tanks, so that can't be it.

It's on DM, so it might not be in English. :confused:

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Think that should be Tunnel Tank in arenas but not sure.

Maybe on that server it's the same as FF?

I have updated "Grank = Group Ranked"

Regarding TT, I do not know actually. It could be "tunnel tank" but I am not sure.

Perhaps someone that actually use TT can tell us.

Edited by Icestar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was reading PVP forum discussion and saw this.

. Unfortunately the plan didn't work, and I think we should have focused the tank instead (tank tunnel e.g. tt).

TT or tt = Tunnel Tank. - Which I guess means focus all DPS on the tank. ( in PVP)

- While Crowd Controlling ( CC) the healer I assume.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Was reading PVP forum discussion and saw this.

TT or tt = Tunnel Tank. - Which I guess means focus all DPS on the tank. ( in PVP)

- While Crowd Controlling ( CC) the healer I assume.

I have updated the post. thank you :tran_grin:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the amazing community and the very skilled DEVS and employees of this game.

The time has come for me to leave SWTOR, my subscription runs out in a few days. I might be back when this game releases a expansion with a new interesting story time will tell.

It has been a privilege to see this game grow from a seed into a full grown flower that hopefully will continue to blossom for many years to come.

I will no longer update this thread but the content is still relevant and you have my permission to do what you like with it. You can either let the sticky stay or you can change it, it is up to you guys.

May the force be with you all :sy_star:

Edited by Icestar