View Single Post

Aurbere
12.01.2013 , 09:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kacynski View Post
Yes, that what I was talking about. Obviously if the kinetic force of the blast is too high, the wielder would be pushed back, his wrists would snap or something like that. I would guess that a Lightsaber can take more then the frail body of its wielder, but how much more?
Well, a Jedi increases their physical abilities through the Force, so they can take more than normal.

I knew about Cortosis, but I always wondered if there is an in-lore explanation for this. If you can dig up something it would be appreciated.
Alright, I'll get back to you on that tomorrow.

This would also be interesting to shed some light on. Is it because force lightning is electrical energy such as the lightning of a thunder storm?
What about the Saber used as a mind focus to better channel the force?
To the first question, likely so. To the second question, I'm not sure what you mean. That the lightsaber acts as a conduit, an enhancement so to speak? I believe The Essential Guide to the Force denies that claim. Let me get back to you on that.

Don't get mad at me, but I always thought the Lightwhips took the concept of the Lightsaber too far anyway. They seem a bit silly to me, even in Galaxy that has Lightsabers. Just my opinion, though
But your point of deflecting blaster shots back at the shooter is a very good one, indeed.
I find the Lightwhip interesting, personally.

Ah, yes. The Lightsaber of Baras is a very good example of this bond I was speaking about.
Glad to help.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus