View Single Post

Kacynski
12.01.2013 , 08:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
How do you mean? Like how much firepower can a lightsaber deflect? I think lightsabers can deflect turbolaser fire, but I may be misremembering.
Yes, that what I was talking about. Obviously if the kinetic force of the blast is too high, the wielder would be pushed back, his wrists would snap or something like that. I would guess that a Lightsaber can take more then the frail body of its wielder, but how much more?

Cortosis, phrik, Mandalorian Iron. Those are the materials I can name off the top of my head. I can dig up some more info as to how they resist it if you wish.
I knew about Cortosis, but I always wondered if there is an in-lore explanation for this. If you can dig up something it would be appreciated.

A lightsaber can't defend against all Force attacks, but it can defend against Force lightning. I can't think of why at this moment, but I believe it is all about the energy of Force lightning.
This would also be interesting to shed some light on. Is it because force lightning is electrical energy such as the lightning of a thunder storm?
What about the Saber used as a mind focus to better channel the force?

Lightwhips are good for range, but they require a high level of mastery to be used effectively. Other than that, throwing it and deflecting blaster bolts.
Don't get mad at me, but I always thought the Lightwhips took the concept of the Lightsaber too far anyway. They seem a bit silly to me, even in Galaxy that has Lightsabers. Just my opinion, though
But your point of deflecting blaster shots back at the shooter is a very good one, indeed.

As we see in the Sith Warrior story, Darth Baras can locate his lightsaber from (quite literally) across the galaxy. I would have to pull out The Jedi Path, but I believe that it says a Jedi can do that in there as well.
Ah, yes. The Lightsaber of Baras is a very good example of this bond I was speaking about.