Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

CourtneyWoods

ignore the naysayers

yes other things need changing in game right now and maybe other things need fixing

but the finished results in this feature are amazingly different. I work in graphic design and those before and after pictures are like chalk and cheese the new look really pops out at you.

Whoever the guy is in charge of this project needs a slap on the back or at least a few hours off work

courtesy of the management.

This is a job well done and to all the trolls and pessimistic folk just remember

a positive thing towards the game is just that a positive. This change will make your online star wars

world look nicer and come alive. Embrace the good things and by all means moan about the bad.

But dont whine over something as good as this

That's an excellent perspective that is lost on probably 90% of the members here. Thanks for posting.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really wish Bioware would stop putting so much effort into how shiny the foliage in the game is and fix balance problems and bugs.

I just imagine the devs sitting around a table coming up with their priorities for 1.5 and saying, "you know, we still have some major bugs to address, and the DPS classes need some serious balance fixes, but there is a rock somewhere on Tatooine that doesn't look just right. Let's get right on that."

Though I would've taken a little more tactful approach, I tend to agree with this statement. Yeah, those are neat little cosmetic touches, but when you throw a feature on the website from a tech dev. talking about how he likes working on the tech. side of things when there are still many bug and connection issues some of which have date back to early in the game, I think more of us active players would rather read about what the developers are doing to solve those issues and hearing that they are just as enthusiastic in making the game more playable and smooth than adding cosmetic touches. I don't know if there's a thread about those things where devs have talked about those things due to the fact that there is so many threads on these forums and I don't have time to search through all of them to find one or two that maybe are about the side of the tech dealing with the quality of the operations of the game. If there is, please point me to it.

I would like to know if there's being anything done about constant game crashes and server kicks (with error codes 9000, 1003, and 2005) that have started happening only after 1.4. I really like this game but would like to know that these "issues" were being known about and dealt with. Thank you.

cool. Now fix the lag spike/DCs and animation delays and were golden.

heh i read you. Its 50 / 50 that my Commandos full auto will actually fire. oh yeah its in CD but did it fire or did my guy just stand there in the stance like hes firing it? That is the question.

And yeah i'm one of the people spoiled on a game with precise reaction and activation times. Its amazingly noticeable. I'm in HM LI and the targets appear on the ground where the last boss is about to throw the plague which dots you.

And yeah I'm noticeably clear of the plague when it actually hits but thats not how the game works at all. Yeah youve been hit by it even though there was no animation that it dropped. Youre meters away when the animation hits the floor but..nah youre hit. .....wow

I find it amazing that every improvement that can be made to the game is still subject to whining and negative criticisms.

I mean, it's getting really hard to be positive, to make sense and not being (or appearing as) a fanboy.

Fix the game, fix population on APAC servers, then improve graphics. Its not negative criticism, its logic.

Well I think it looks great. It is also good to know that improvements like this are made in the game so it will continue to look great without increasing system requirements. It shows that the devs are not only trying to fix short term problems, but also focusing on longer term goals.

Also I am not sure that doing something like this is taking time from fixing non-graphical bugs or server population issues etc. It seems like jobs for very different developers.