Playable Togruta Species

Shaelaa

Please give us the Togruta species!!! I'd become a regular subscriber just for that race. We've never been given the chance to play them in any other game. Throw us a bone! I'm begging here.

I guess you haven't checked out STAR WARS - Clone Wars Adventures. You can make a Togruta on there, if you buy the Galactic Passport (which includes the code to unlock the Togruta species, and a Yoda Monitor Topper; from October 19, 2010) - http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Clone-Adventures-Galactic-Pc/dp/B002I0HHOW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1360690623&sr=8-5&keywords=Clone+Wars+Adventures (if you want to see what I mean).

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Id like to see the Togruta in the game as well as a playable race.. I love clone wars but despite that and my fan fave of Asoka, Id like to see them in the game as they are truly a great race not only from a visual aspect but from Lore as well.. There is no reason i can see why we cannot have them in the game as they are already built into the system as both NPC and companion so all the niggles have already been worked out surely??

Lets just hope all this attention some point gets noticed and we can get to having 100's of little Asoka running about the zones lol

• 4 weeks later...

Please, BioWare!

This would boost the game-experience majorly! I really hope that the developers would take their time to look through this thread, cause the Togruta's are NEEDED!

Please! :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I too would love to see Togruta added. Best way to ensure that they do add them is to keep voicing your support for this species and make sure the Cathar are well recieved. It has been stated that the addition of future playable species is dependant on how well Cathar "sell". Buy a Cathar unlock and send BW a message that Togruta MUST be next!

Simply put NO! id pay for Torgruta but a republic kitten race I have no interest in not going to happen

Edited by gurneyslabb

/signed

There were poll on this long ago and Togruta were on the top of that list.

Please, give us Togruta race, I think it won't be hard as they're similar to Twi'leks shape-wise.

Personally I don't care about Cathar, but having Togruta would be great!

I think it is quite lazy of them with mind on that unbelievably more people have started with Swtor, lately.

I think they should do what they say, and keep their promises.

In 2011 they promised us options for being a Gray Jedi too. That didn't happen. No reward for being neutral "/

The thing I think they should add to this game is :

1. Togruta

2. Gray Jedi title / utilities

3. Toogle hood.

I must say that all the discussions about having the species togruta in the game is pretty good but if they do put in togruta as a playable species that could boost the rep for the game but it would also been a bit tough of that for that togruta have horns even though ashara from the inquisitor class has them and as we'll as the armor adding to her if they could some how copy that so that gamers can do that for there own characters the game creators could possible be able to allow players to access that species in the game and enjoy it

I'm so glad I searched for this conversation thread. :D I entirely agree with the other players, this game is spectacular! For me, one of it's primary attractions is the varied scope of the many alien species for which Star Wars is so highly renowned. Some are very beautiful, some are very grotesque, but all of them are inarguably unique specimens of the human imagination.

Personally, I adore Togutras. They are amongst one of the most elegant bi-pedal semi-humanoids. I was thrilled when I saw other players had a stunning female as a companion! (I'm playing a different class at the moment, so I've not had the pleasure of that lady's company yet. Can someone tell me her name? What a knock out! :D:p)

Judging from my brief understanding of their history (Thanks Wookiepedia!) this species appears to have great customizable traits. Just like the ever popular Twi'leks, they have a veriety of skin and eye colours with various different tattoo pattern possibilities across their faces and maybe their head tails.

They seem to be a species best assigned with the Republic, although a Sith Togruta would be a stunning sight to behold. Either way, they're hella impressive!

(On a side note: I keep reading tid-bits about how the Cathar species will become available soon too! So cool! I'm pumped! I love it! :D )

Simply put NO! id pay for Torgruta but a republic kitten race I have no interest in not going to happen

After they launched the legacy species unlocks, which makes it so you can ignore all lore and faction limitations, I don't think they'd even try to make Togruta a Republic only species just because of some current faction balance issue. The launch of Togruta would probably be implemented the same as Cathar, through the Cartel Market. This would make it into an automatic legacy unlock like the current ones. This method would ignore faction alignment as well as class choice. It wouldn't likely be a case where a new player could download the game and automatically have access to making a Togruta for their first character. It wouldn't be similar to, for example, WoW during an expansion where everyone on the right faction and class gets automatic access to the newly released race.

Due to this freedom to be whatever race on whichever faction, I recently went Empire since I can be a Togruta Sorcerer once they're released. Originally I only went Republic because I knew lore wise Togruta would be a Republic only race (I would have enjoyed it too if it weren't for gold and pebbles). Back then we had no idea we could eventually unlock races for other classes or even the other faction. While I dislike the Xenophobia issues on the Empire side, I do prefer the lightning on my Sorc and purple heals (I honestly feel that this is the driving force behind any faction imbalances). Initially I wanted a Republic black and white Togruta that was grey aligned. I had this whole idea in my head that the character would be completely themed like a Yin-Yang. Now I really want a way to make an Empire Togruta that is black and red.

This is my current desktop and my inspiration for my Empire Sorc: Black and Red Togruta

She needs black body stripes imo and a couple red ones on her lekku and montrals, but otherwise I think she's perfect.

I really don't want to go back Republic but I honestly think there isn't a snowball's chance that they'd make any new race a faction specific one. All we really need is patience for them to finally release it. I don't even care about clipping at this point and I know a few others are the same.

Summary: Just breathe. It's extremely unlikely they'd release a new species only to reintroduce the idea of faction only access because of population trends. I stress out over stupid things and this isn't something people need to get worked up over (so I'm convincing you and myself at the same time here). This idea of faction specific is not likely to happen at all. No need to get worked up over someone making an odd suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...

Just started playing swtor a week ago so my thoughts meen nothing really,but I am a subscriber and all that.. Not a F2Per.. And was let down and almost didn't bother playing when I learned I can't roll a Togruta, I would gladly pay 5-10 hell 20 bucks to roll the race I really want.. If there issue is "Clipping" (what I seen was a big problem on post) just do what you did with the twi'leks and half *** it, remove equip-able head gear/all hoods.. Is it sticking to some kind of LORE? to late.. We now have some sort of cheap..want-a-be Mithra like cat race.. quest/story the problem (use twi'lek/slave).. that's just my two cents..

Also as for lore/story.. I like to come up with my own.. As I'll be rolling a Miraluka Sith Sorcerer(sort of a Visas Marr type)

Also rolling Sith Sorcerer do to with the fact its the only way I know of to own/have a togruta in/apart of my game

Is it just me or that seem sort of cheap, you can have a togruta companions, npc's all over yet not play as one...

They said at one point that one of the big barriers to making Togrutas a playable species was clipping issues with their tentacle, head-crest, ...things.

BUT with the new hair-styles they just put out for humans that include forwards-swept hair over the shoulders, they may be making some progress on that front!

I'm hoping that means Togruta and Nautolans are in the future :)

id like this bumped not that i really expect the topic to ever get the attention of the powers that be.. Togrutas are already in the game.. and if 7 pages of requests isnt enough then i dont know what is.. most seem to love Togrutas so get ur finger out and instead of some kitty cat most have never heard of give us a class we actually want to play.. U will also find a lot of former clone wars fas coming over as well even if it is only to make a female togruta and call it ahsoka lol

I will probably cry when they say "Togruta soon to be playable" I really would. That's my favorite race ever.

Same here! I did purchase the Cathar race and it is a race we've not played before, however, I want my Togruta!!!! I'll pay whatever it costs. Just please tell us you're working on it!

I hate to ruin the 69 replies of this thread by making it 70, but I'd love Togruta. They're sufficiently interesting and visually distinctive on their own as a species, but are not so abnormal (like Voss, for instance) that they'd need an in-depth explanation as to why they're PCs. The Cathar designs are interesting, so I'd like to see what can be done with Togruta designs.

I've been dreaming of playing a Togruta character since the announcement of SWTOR, and still am crossing fingers to see them get added (probably as an unlock bought from the cartel market ?).

I liked the Cathar, though they are just a new set of recoloring, not so impressive but good still. But Togrutas i'd happily pay a bunch of Cartel credits for being able to make one !!

Togruta FTW ! :eek:

But Togrutas i'd happily pay a bunch of Cartel credits for being able to make one !!

I think we need to stop saying this. It just digs the hole deeper.

Although, I do agree with the original sentiment.

Edited by robbiticus

When the game came out I didn't care one way or the other about Torguta, they honestly felt kinda like a horn headed twi'lek with more lekku.

But I supposed between Ashara and Ashoka I have grown to like them a bit and see they are more unique than I though. Their colors are so much different in a lot of ways from twi'lek, I too would support and but the Torgruta species if it were added to the game!