Future Star Wars era armors

As the title says, i personally would like to see some modern star wars armor such as the clone and storm trooper armors, the rebel forest armor, the mandalorian armor that both Jango and Boba wear, and for all RC fans out there, the clone commando armor AND weapon. It would just be nice if the devs could use a standing model, make a FEW(3 max) changes to them that wont upset us. I know im saying modern but what about mandalorian neo crusader armor, Bioware seems to have covered all mando armor ezcept the 2 i mentioned in this thread( i know some people would consider Cassus Fett's armor neo crusader, but i mean like the basic neo crusader armors)

I have to agree with this one...

Yea, it is "out of time", but who cares... lets be honest, this game is really just an older version of the modern era, right down to the Star Destroyers and the "Empire".

So yea, I'll take my Storm Trooper armor and be happy with it. Sell it for 1600CC in the CM and I'll buy a copy. :)

As the title says, i personally would like to see some modern star wars armor such as the clone and storm trooper armors, the rebel forest armor, the mandalorian armor that both Jango and Boba wear, and for all RC fans out there, the clone commando armor AND weapon. It would just be nice if the devs could use a standing model, make a FEW(3 max) changes to them that wont upset us. I know im saying modern but what about mandalorian neo crusader armor, Bioware seems to have covered all mando armor ezcept the 2 i mentioned in this thread( i know some people would consider Cassus Fett's armor neo crusader, but i mean like the basic neo crusader armors)
Go find an Armormech who can make you the Battlemaster Supercommando set (on Jedi Covenant, that would actually be ME!). Add any fairly meaty belt, preferably one with a Republic emblem on it. Buy a Security Key to gain access to the Security Key vendor. Buy a white/red dye module, add to chest, Unify Colors.

Congrats, you now look like a distant ancestor of Sev! (It's what I did with my own Vanguard tank, once I got him to Valor 60.)

Nah. It would completely ruin the feel of TOR for me.

You mean, as opposed to.... Riding Rancors around?

Yes, the immersion factor was broken some time ago by the need to sell stuff on the CM.

Really, how much could they charge for Vader's armor on the CM? I would SO buy a copy !

You mean, as opposed to.... Riding Rancors around?

What's wrong with riding rancors? It was already present in SW lore and it is not strictly associated with a concrete time period.

I know that Cartel Market requires to make concessions to satisfy people's needs but I personally believe that what is future is future and should not be present in the past.

Well, we've got Leia's chainmail bikini and Luke's Ep 6 outfit(not in black, alas), and a Falcon-like freighter, so I don't see why Fett's armor would ruin anything. I'm not hyper-excited about it, though.

(and PLEASE, no Vader's clothes. It'll be a nightmare).

Imagine if they came out with Vader's armor and Boba Fett's armor, priced at 5,500 CC.

And they also said that 80% of the money for those two items would go into a bank to fund chapter 5 of the class stories, once 50,000 copies of each sold (provide a sales counter for all to see), then they would develop chapter 5 of the 8 unique class stories.

Both would be day one purchases for me and I don't think it would take long either to sell them all.

Maybe make them limited edition copies, 1 of 50,000, once they are gone, they are gone.

Of course, after that, we'd get future releases in other colors, a Chrome Vader perhaps? :)

Imagine if they came out with Vader's armor and Boba Fett's armor, priced at 5,500 CC.

And they also said that 80% of the money for those two items would go into a bank to fund chapter 5 of the class stories, once 50,000 copies of each sold (provide a sales counter for all to see), then they would develop chapter 5 of the 8 unique class stories.

Both would be day one purchases for me and I don't think it would take long either to sell them all.

Maybe make them limited edition copies, 1 of 50,000, once they are gone, they are gone.

Of course, after that, we'd get future releases in other colors, a Chrome Vader perhaps? :)

Not so awful idea, actually...but I would have to insist they include the Katarn-class Clone Commando armor.

Yes, I love Republic Commando that much. Hell, I'd probably even buy them straight from the Cartel Market, instead of the GTN. I'd put them on my Vanguard's companions, and my Vanguard himself would stay in his Battlemaster Supercommando armor with white/red dye. Dear gods, that would be awesome.

Not so awful idea, actually...but I would have to insist they include the Katarn-class Clone Commando armor.

Yes, I love Republic Commando that much. Hell, I'd probably even buy them straight from the Cartel Market, instead of the GTN. I'd put them on my Vanguard's companions, and my Vanguard himself would stay in his Battlemaster Supercommando armor with white/red dye. Dear gods, that would be awesome.

Had to look it up, but :eek:

Guys, I thank all of you for your comments and just looking at this post. Makes me feel good that there are people out there interested in good ideas. Now for those who said I can basically replicate sev's armor, you just cant take a set of armor and put a dye module in and it be the same as Sev's Katarn-class armor

Hardly a bad idea. We've already got numerous outfit inspired by or directly copied from future era.

From stuff not mentioned I will call out the Temple guardian robe (inspired) which had no precedent in Old Republic era but its only source is Clone Wars.

Tulak Hord's set was heavilly inspired by Force Unleashed, too.

Why can't we get prequel inspired Jedi robes?

Guys, I thank all of you for your comments and just looking at this post. Makes me feel good that there are people out there interested in good ideas. Now for those who said I can basically replicate sev's armor, you just cant take a set of armor and put a dye module in and it be the same as Sev's Katarn-class armor
Distant ancestor of Sev. Seriously, the Battlemaster Supercommando set with a white/red dye from the Security Key vendor. If you're ever on Jedi Covenant on Republic side, his name is Hadriel, and his PvP set looks amazing.

I too wish to see modern era armors in this game especially Jango and Boba fetts armor. Have them released by CM and say they are from some Gree time warping tech. "Gree temporal Pack" as an example. All packs would have modern era armors and weapons. With all the Lore breaking stuff already in SWTOR this wouldnt seem a bad idea. Besides its an MMO lore aint mean anything here :p

Yeah, forget trying to stick to the lore of the era, I don't think it's what most people want.

Putting all the movie era style stuff in the game would make loads of cash, amirite?

They should really just bite the bullet and make Anakin/Obi-Wan prequel robes and throw em up there..

I have been wondering why Eric said they wouldn't do Obi-Wan style robes in the first place..?

Well, we've got Leia's chainmail bikini and Luke's Ep 6 outfit(not in black, alas), and a Falcon-like freighter, so I don't see why Fett's armor would ruin anything. I'm not hyper-excited about it, though.

(and PLEASE, no Vader's clothes. It'll be a nightmare).

Whats the lukes ep 6 outfit called, not been on for a while lol

There is something just *wrong* with the black dye costing more than the whole outfit...

Oh, yeah. Sometimes you can get the look cheaper and go with a secondary black dye module(concealing bodysuit), or a primary black module(thana vesh). But for that one? Full 1.8 mil yesterday on GTN, just for future use. :( And then there's white/white... sigh.

(I really don't understand the logic that dictates that armors can be added to collections, and dyes can't. Then again, I guess one-time dyes bring more profit to CM).

They should really just bite the bullet and make Anakin/Obi-Wan prequel robes and throw em up there..

I have been wondering why Eric said they wouldn't do Obi-Wan style robes in the first place..?

Same here. It's stupid considering that the concept art, abilitty icons and accompanying art and advertisements in general are full of such robes.