Guild Help

NathanNoodle

I have been playing for a while now and I realized that I have no idea what guilds do, besides group up and have exclusive chat with with each other. I joined a guild as my IA (my alt) but I want to start my own guild as my main. If anyone could tell me if and what other things guilds do, and what responsibilities come with being guildmaster, it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. rakghoul smilies: :rak_01::rak_02::rak_03::rak_04: lol

P.P.S. The guild my IA is in (Bas'katar) is a great guild on Begeren Colony for Imperials. Do whatever it is you do to join a guild. Which reminds me, I would like to know that to.

I have been playing for a while now and I realized that I have no idea what guilds do, besides group up and have exclusive chat with with each other. I joined a guild as my IA (my alt) but I want to start my own guild as my main. If anyone could tell me if and what other things guilds do, and what responsibilities come with being guildmaster, it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. rakghoul smilies: :rak_01::rak_02::rak_03::rak_04: lol

P.P.S. The guild my IA is in (Bas'katar) is a great guild on Begeren Colony for Imperials. Do whatever it is you do to join a guild. Which reminds me, I would like to know that to.

Each guild is different so guild master responsibilities can vary.

For my guild that means being sure all my guild members get the help they need and if they need social points I will try to arrange it so people are grouping up with them whether it is group missions or doing a flashpoint. For me as a guildmaster is being sure that my members know they are important to the guild and if they log on we talk to them. You would be surprised how just talking to them makes a difference.

As far as the guild itself you need to determine what your guild will focus on (that''s not to say you only do that). If you going to be roleplaying guild then it needs to be stated , doesnt mean everyone in the guild has to roleplay, just that it is understood when they join that you roleplay . We tend to try to stay ic even on quests and flashpoints.

You may want to set up some basic rules that everyone understands what your guild expects and what they will not tolerate.

Most of all have fun and good luck.

Greetings NathanNoodle!

You can find more information on what it takes to form a Guild as well as what your options would be as Guild Leader in our Online Game Manual, specifically our Guilds Section.

While some of our awesome guild leaders may be able to lend some more advice and tips on how to form a great guild, some general advice can be found in the above section:

A Guild is a group of like-minded players who come together to progress forward in the game. When choosing a Guild, it is strongly recommended you find a Guild with players who share your interest and play patterns.

When you are ready to form your guild and begin recruiting, we encourage you to create a recruitment thread within the Server Group Forums! There is a special section for Guild Recruitment which covers guild recruitment threads and those looking for guilds. Please make sure to pay special attention to the Guild Recruitment Guidelines!

We hope this helps and wish you luck! :jawa_smile:

Edited by Ellvaan

I have been playing for a while now and I realized that I have no idea what guilds do, besides group up and have exclusive chat with with each other.

ScarletBlaze and Elivan as usual, have excellent answers! /bow to both

Guilds not only have chat, but they also have a bank. Chat + bank = all of the guild's in-game benefits at this point in time.

The *out of game* benefits are myriad.

- People who are not jerks who will group with you in heroics and flashpoints (they're not jerks because presumably you chose them to be in your guild and no rational person chooses a jerk, right?)

- People who have different experiences with the game than you do who can answer your questions.

- People who have different crafting skills than you do who are willing to trade items with you (or dump them in the guild bank for sharing).

Paige

- People who have different crafting skills than you do who are willing to trade items with you (or dump them in the guild bank for sharing).

Paige

That's a big one, crafters in my guild often give items, schematics, and skill missions to other guild members. Often times those items which can be expensive on the GTN are given away for free or for a very big discount to guild members.

ScarletBlaze and Elivan as usual, have excellent answers! /bow to both

Guilds not only have chat, but they also have a bank. Chat + bank = all of the guild's in-game benefits at this point in time.

The *out of game* benefits are myriad.

- People who are not jerks who will group with you in heroics and flashpoints (they're not jerks because presumably you chose them to be in your guild and no rational person chooses a jerk, right?)

- People who have different experiences with the game than you do who can answer your questions.

Paige

If people in my guild are jerks to guildies in heroics and flashpoints they get the boot... not just from the group, but from the guild. No mercy.

Edited by Gidrea

Hay I tried to leave my guild with /gquite but it did not work can someone help please!

It is /gquit, rather than /gquite. Unless what you wrote in your post is a typo that is your problem.

Edited by PLynkes

Another tip is if you want help with running the guild, you can give other members, such as the other founding members ( you need a group of four to create the guild at the guild registrater on the fleet, along with 5,000 creds) all the privledges as yourself, such as recruiting, adding messages, ect.

Hope I was helpful~

Wow, I just happened across this post and had to stop in and say that I would join ScarletBlaze's guild in a heartbeat. That is exactly the sort of guild I've always wanted to be a part of. Most guilds you come across, especially those that spam the chat channels, just go for number of members and there is no point to it. No one talks to you, you don't really feel like you're part of a group.

So I guess another reason I'm posting is just to say that if you are going to create your own guild NathanNoodle, take some inspiration from ScarletBlaze. Don't just make a guild to have a guild. Make a guild with the intention of making friends and helping one another out. With the intention of forming an actual social group. That is very cool.

So I guess another reason I'm posting is just to say that if you are going to create your own guild NathanNoodle, take some inspiration from ScarletBlaze. Don't just make a guild to have a guild. Make a guild with the intention of making friends and helping one another out. With the intention of forming an actual social group. That is very cool.

What I have also found helpful is having a guild website. Not all players will play at the same times like the current guild I am running. This way if you need to pass information between multiple players at once, you have that ability. you can set up guides to help those looking for information about certain things. If a member would like to set up a social event, they can post it and have the officers organize it. I defiantly agree with what realcardician said about making a guild just to make one. If you do this, then you will find the members joining and the shortly after within a week, leaving for a different guild which is a bit more organized.

Keep this in mind, there are a couple different types of guilds out there which focus on different aspects of the game.

Social / casual

hardcore / raiding (weekday / night time / weekend)

RP

Figure out what type of guild you would think about creating and then look around to see if there are any guilds which fit the same type you would be making. Are they established? If they are established, what made them successful and how many "active" members do they currently have? Do they have a bank? Are they using voice chat or have a website? Do they require an application for officers to review before joining?

The next thing you should be asking yourself if you want to create a guild is if there are already established guilds which have the same values yours will have, what will players look for that your guild can support that their guild cannot and what would want them to join yours over theirs?