Dark Side Corruption and Non-Force Users

Aegnas

I've been Googling this for hours and have yet to see a concrete answer. Hopefully you guys can help. I play a Rattataki bounty hunter and was wondering how people are dealing with the dark side corruption in RP, since bounty hunters aren't force users? I realize the mechanic is the same for everyone, but would this be something that non-force users have to worry about?

If possible, I did want to take the dark side corruption IC, but I'm not sure if it would make sense. Beyond the movies and the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy, I'm pretty new to the Star Wars universe, and my Google-fu is failing me.

Battle wounds, grenade explosion, flame thrower malfunction. Remember to stay within the fable.

Okay, so no, the corruption wouldn't affect non-force users? Got it. I can turn that option off, then.

Sorry, this is my first time RPing in the Star Wars universe, and it's hard to figure out where to start as far as lore research goes.

DS corruption should not affect non-Force Users, no. So unless you have an alternate explanation (e.g., progressive ailment, implant rejection) it's probably best to turn it off. Mass Effect 2 used an explanation of implant rejection due to a refusal to "think positively to aid the healing process" or some such to explain the Renegade look for Commander Shep.

id rather it just have more of the commander shepherd affect for us. Positive intent or Evil intent.And diversify the situations and how they play out . Light side and darkside to me is a buzzkill. Then again It is star wars and totaly makes sence in this universe and game.

I don't get why you guys say non force users can't get dark side corruption. Fact is the force is supposed to be in everyone right? And In theory the majority of star wars "Heroes" (which we are in this game) are more related to the force than the general populous, like the force is just an explanation for why some people are more extraordinary than others. I think the force in star wars is THE morality system, they don't seem to have anything else, so if your Joe blow doing nothing interesting your whole life, than you don't get any corruption, or if you do one or two bad things neither do you get it then, but I think that if you do as much as our characters do than well you have a better chance of getting corruption. Think Golem from lord of the rings but with the dark side of the force being the influence. Just because you can't USE that bad power does not mean flirting with the ideology of it won't have a bad effect on you.

• 7 years later...
Well if you have legacy with force users and you can use those abilities you could say you are somewhat connected to the force

Indeed, but two minor quibbles:

* Those people were posting nearly eight years ago, all of them.

* At that time, the game didn't even really *have* any concept of a "legacy".