Emperor's Name

HOODRXCH

Regarding the Ziost story, how do we know The Emperor's name is Vitiate? Was there an Operation or other story I missed where we discover more about him and who is actually is? It was mad weird going from referring to him as "The Emperor" to "Vitiate", so I was just wondering.

Regarding the Ziost story, how do we know The Emperor's name is Vitiate? Was there an Operation or other story I missed where we discover more about him and who is actually is? It was mad weird going from referring to him as "The Emperor" to "Vitiate", so I was just wondering.

Wookieepedia says that the name Vitiate was given to him by Marka Ragnos way far back in the day, which sort of implies that it's not exactly a secret.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vitiate

I think the key point is that by the time we get to Ziost, Imperial people like Lana are beginning to reject the idea of him being (worthy of being) their Emperor. Given that, it's reasonable to start calling him Vitiate rather than Emperor.

Wookieepedia says that the name Vitiate was given to him by Marka Ragnos way far back in the day, which sort of implies that it's not exactly a secret.

I think the key point is that by the time we get to Ziost, Imperial people like Lana are beginning to reject the idea of him being (worthy of being) their Emperor. Given that, it's reasonable to start calling him Vitiate rather than Emperor.

Pretty much. Plus Revan Reborn does call him Vitiate if your raid party dies "I'm coming for you, Vitiate."

Ah that makes sense, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

And yet in Knight's of the fallen empire he is only understood as Valkorion by everyone no matter what. And they all know it's the Emperor yet just call him Valkorion. But it is later revealed Valkorion was a "Great warrior" he hollowed out and took as his new vessel. And yet still everyone only considers him Valkorion, aside from his sith father who doesn't even call him viitate but tenebrae. We never even got the see his original sith pureblood vessel basically meaning Valkorion was all he was anymore. As if they're the same. Which is rather disappointing. I kind of would have prefered a realization Senya would have that Valkorion is no longer Valkorion and to "kill the imposter" or something, or what corrupted him and destroyed the man she knew since he wasn't always Tenebrae.

But nope. The Sith Emperor is Vititate. He changed his mind and becomes Valkorion. And his original persona is practically forgotten.

Edited by Krimlord

And yet in Knight's of the fallen empire he is only understood as Valkorion by everyone no matter what. And they all know it's the Emperor yet just call him Valkorion. But it is later revealed Valkorion was a "Great warrior" he hollowed out and took as his new vessel. And yet still everyone only considers him Valkorion, aside from his sith father who doesn't even call him viitate but tenebrae. We never even got the see his original sith pureblood vessel basically meaning Valkorion was all he was anymore. As if they're the same. Which is rather disappointing. I kind of would have prefered a realization Senya would have that Valkorion is no longer Valkorion and to "kill the imposter" or something, or what corrupted him and destroyed the man she knew since he wasn't always Tenebrae.

But nope. The Sith Emperor is Vititate. He changed his mind and becomes Valkorion. And his original persona is practically forgotten.

Vitiate found and hollowed out Valkorian centuries before Senya was even born.

He simply gave up the Sith Empire as a lost cause and Zakuul became his "focus"

Vitiate found and hollowed out Valkorian centuries before Senya was even born.

He simply gave up the Sith Empire as a lost cause and Zakuul became his "focus"

Centuries before she's born? Senya said Valkorion had changed though. He was kind, benevolent, until the kids were born. And turned into a monster.

I suppose you can say he abandoned his identity it's just like he is only known as Valkorion now. Like tenebrae doesn't exist. Only Valkorion. And yet he was called Tenebrae by his father.

Edited by Krimlord

I think the fact that everyone consistently calls him Valkorion in Kotfe and Kotet is just to simplify the conversations and/or avoid confusing players. I feel like it would be more realistic that the Republic and Imperial characters would all refer to him by the name they knew him as instead of Valkorion, but Valkorion was the name associated with those expansions.

It's not 100% clear why Valkorion's behavior changed, but I thought the idea was simply that he got tired of the act after a while.

I didn't think anybody on Zakuul would've had any idea of his life *Before he hollowed out Valkorian, Valkorian is all they've ever known of him. As for Valkorian's Changing, I've just always associated that the same as the videos and his dialog (Mainly with Arcann), Valkorian lost interest once he determined all three were *Failures at what he wanted (Another Vessel). I thought the Vitiate/ Valkorian changed long before, Those Zakuulian mega spires and cities don't seem to have just appeared that quickly.

There's no reason for any of the Zakuulians to know Valkorian as anybody else. Arcann did for a *Moment have a glimmer of potential for Valkorian the Moment he Killed Thexan. Valkorian even showed compassion for the first time in Arcanns life "Right Then". Arcann lost the only thing he cared about, Thexan (Sacrifice); there was even the beginning of a smile when Arcann jumped at Valkorian (Possibly knew what was coming next). At this point Arcann Might have been possible but later on again proved to be "Insufficient to what Valkorian wanted. The Zakuulians (including Senya) seemed totally ignorant to really anything outside of their own little pampered lives.

I think the fact that everyone consistently calls him Valkorion in Kotfe and Kotet is just to simplify the conversations and/or avoid confusing players. I feel like it would be more realistic that the Republic and Imperial characters would all refer to him by the name they knew him as instead of Valkorion, but Valkorion was the name associated with those expansions.

It's not 100% clear why Valkorion's behavior changed, but I thought the idea was simply that he got tired of the act after a while.

Agreed on both accounts.

Centuries before she's born? Senya said Valkorion had changed though. He was kind, benevolent, until the kids were born. And turned into a monster.

I suppose you can say he abandoned his identity it's just like he is only known as Valkorion now. Like tenebrae doesn't exist. Only Valkorion. And yet he was called Tenebrae by his father.

The implication I got from that was this coincided with his renewed interest in the events going on in the rest of the galaxy (such as possessing a Voss Mystic, or performing a galaxy consuming ritual). It's implied that he could only truly inhabit one body at a time, so this would result in Senya's "ignoring us for weeks at a time"

Valkorian himself stated he was "different here." Not that he was changing identities so much as just changing acts

• 2 weeks later...

It's common practice for visual media to associate one name with one character -- unless the plot specifically calls for something otherwise, in which, eventually, that new or those other new names will become "universal" as well. This is done so that the audience can keep track of the characters, but it does become extremely jarring when a character would say or refer to a name that would [plot-wise] not mean anything to them.

• 1 month later...

That aggravates me that my character knows he's Vitiate yet he lets him get away with appearing in his head as Valkorian and doesn't correct anyone else when they call him Valkorian, not even Lana.who should know better. Of course the entire time Vitiate is using the Valkorian persona to manipulate you. Sith Inqusitor or Jedi Knight should be immune to such manipulation having dealt with it before but that would require actually having class storylines.

Senya is confused about Valkorian because she does not understand the man Vallkorian is possessed by the spirit of Vitiate and sometime he is exerting less control than others. Koth is just a racist who doesn't care about the rest of the galaxy as long as Zakuul is fine. You do notice that natives of Zakuul are all human right? Only aliens showed up after the invasions of the Republic and the Sith Empire.

Edited by RameiArashi

That aggravates me that my character knows he's Vitiate yet he lets him get away with appearing in his head as Valkorian and doesn't correct anyone else when they call him Valkorian, not even Lana.who should know better. Of course the entire time Vitiate is using the Valkorian persona to manipulate you. Sith Inqusitor or Jedi Knight should be immune to such manipulation having dealt with it before but that would require actually having class storylines.

I disagree. He manipulates the player mainly by persuasion and creative falsehood rather than Force powers, and that can affect anyone.

I disagree. He manipulates the player mainly by persuasion and creative falsehood rather than Force powers, and that can affect anyone.

Agreed, he doesn't use the same tactic in KOTFE that he used in Act 2 of the JK story, or with Revan, he doesn't overpower you with the Force to turn you to the Dark Side and do his bidding. He's the devil-in-the-shoulder, whispering to you what you should do and why.

I really don't see how anybody on Zakuul could've known Valkorian was anybody other then what they see. It was my impression from his conversations that when he hollowed out *Valkorian it was a very.. very long time ago. He was called the "Immortal Emperor" after-all. Those two issues together plus the Zakuulians seeming ignorance of the greater galaxies business as far as they know in anybodies life time he was/ is "Valkorian"; no reason to call him anything else.

Even their own history records would not have recorded any changes from the real Valkorians time of life due to the "Hollowing out" being outwardly subtle enough nobody would have noticed. I'm willing to bet also the *Real Valkorian (Great fighter) probably was a good guy so many spoke of his being " always Nice" and the differences between Valkorian now and the "Emperor" from the Jedi Knight story what we're seeing now is Vitiate *Using Elements of Valkorian (Charm. ish) to Entice (Easy way) not to Overpower (Hard way). Nice Valkorian is all they've ever seen.

Edited by MikeCobalt