The Current PvP Relic Bug

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we are definitely aware of the current bug with a certain PvP relic and it's unintended consequences. We are working to get a fix to this ASAP and will update you as I know more.

As a note, the current state of that relic is 100% not intended. That is the reason this post is being very generic as to what the relic is and what it does. I wanted to make sure we acknowledged it so that you guys knew we are working on it.

Due to the unintended effects of this issue, we will continue to remove posts about the relic in question. Thank you all for your understanding.

-eric

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update.

Translation...

PVPers: Suck it up buttercup. Go LOS behind that wall with the Sorc/Sage that is doing a H2F while the OP Relic exploit is loose. :D

eric - can you get them to "Break" the Healing Relic next? I'd but one of them if they do. LOL

How about you simply remove the relics Eric? They're game breaking. Take the servers down, remove the exploited items and THEN fix the mess. This shouldn't take as long as you guys are taking.

Because the hundreds of thousands of casual subscribers don't care.

How about you simply remove the relics Eric? They're game breaking. Take the servers down, remove the exploited items and THEN fix the mess. This shouldn't take as long as you guys are taking.

If they remove the relic I at least want my comms back, I bought it before I knew it was broken, in fact I learned about this bug this morning, if I shouldn't have bought it because it is broken I want my ranked AND regular coms back.

Because the hundreds of thousands of casual subscribers don't care.

I doubt there are even 200k subs...but just because they're unaware of what a major exploit this is, doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed immediately! Emergency patch type fix.

If they remove the relic I at least want my comms back, I bought it before I knew it was broken, in fact I learned about this bug this morning, if I shouldn't have bought it because it is broken I want my ranked AND regular coms back.

Fine, replace the item with a token. However...I doubt many were purchased without knowing what it did.

• Dev Post
Thanks for the heads-up! Is using the relic in PvE or PvP considered a bannable offense or can we use it until it is fixed?

It is not a bannable offense and we do not intend to action folks who have used it. The reason is that although some may realize it is unintended and try to use it to their advantage until it is fixed. Some folks may simply have the relic and be using the item they bought, completely unaware that they are using a bugged item.

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric

I disagree. I think everyone should use it until it's fixed. It's the only fair thing to do.

Asking people to not use it just disadvantages them against those who do.

Or just stop pvping at 55, because after trying to cap mid with a sniper exploiting this in NC, and being delayed for close to a month by an assassin using it at snow in CW, I am happy to say objective pvp is plain broken by it. It isn't the good players I know using the blue swirly cheese its those desperate for some kind of leg up, if everyone used this item you might as well just roll a dice at the start of a match to see who wins.

Edited by Roysten

Eric,

While the developers are looking in the relic code, please ask them to also look at how the Conquerer and Obroan power procs are stacking at the same time, when they should be on the same cooldown.

Edited by Morde_

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we are definitely aware of the current bug with a certain PvP relic and it's unintended consequences. We are working to get a fix to this ASAP and will update you as I know more.

As a note, the current state of that relic is 100% not intended. That is the reason this post is being very generic as to what the relic is and what it does. I wanted to make sure we acknowledged it so that you guys knew we are working on it.

Due to the unintended effects of this issue, we will continue to remove posts about the relic in question. Thank you all for your understanding.

-eric

Any chance you could change the PvP relics back to being static stat gains? Adding RNG is never good for PvP, and I think the majority of PvPers would prefer to see the static stat relics return.

Or can you explain the logic on why clicky-buff relics were replaced with static stat gain relics, but have decided to remove the static stat gain relics for proc relics now?

Any chance you could change the PvP relics back to being static stat gains? Adding RNG is never good for PvP, and I think the majority of PvPers would prefer to see the static stat relics return.

Or can you explain the logic on why clicky-buff relics were replaced with static stat gain relics, but have decided to remove the static stat gain relics for proc relics now?

Agreed. I'd much rather have my static relics back.

Eric,

While the developers are looking in the relic code, please ask them to also look at how the Conquerer and Obroan power procs are stacking at the same time, when they should be on the same cooldown.

Scoldy, shhhhhhh. Moar powarrrrrr! :p

Folks like healers and dpsers have no reason to equip the relic without its "special" effect. This is clearly exploiting and they are well aware of what they were doing. Really disappointed at your stance, especially since you're banning players right away when it comes to "severe economic exploits" and cartel market. How is PvP and gaining unfair advantage over others less important than that?

http://kotaku.com/5940005/guild-wars-2-bans-over-3000-people

GW2 devs handled it right. Player should be given a message. This is very disturbing as it lasted many days and people were completely clueless on why enemy party was entering a god mode suddenly.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Cool. Can't beat em, join em. Good to know your position on it.

You can't ban people who have done nothing wrong. Yes technically it can be perceived as exploitative, but at the end of the day players are not doing anything outside the parameters of the game. They are not glitching or doing something that intentionally breaks the code. They are simply using an item that can be purchased in a legit manner. Do I agree with those currently taking advantage of a bugged relic? No, definitely not, but banning people for using it is the wrong course of action considering you could easily ban someone who had no idea it was even bugged.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of emergency maintenance whenever something in pvp breaks but something extremely minor in pve breaks and they take the server down the next day. That is really the only thing that frustrates me.

Edited by Raansu

Thanks for the update.

Translation...

PVPers: Suck it up buttercup. Go LOS behind that wall with the Sorc/Sage that is doing a H2F while the OP Relic exploit is loose. :D

eric - can you get them to "Break" the Healing Relic next? I'd but one of them if they do. LOL

The relic affects PvE too.

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric

So you're going to fix PvP/PvE before the weekend?

Competitive PvP was dead on PoT5 before people found out about this bug and now you're just giving more people an incentive to leave. My sub ends in 2 weeks and unless you turn PvP around, I will never play this game again.

Also:

Eric,

Edited by SithEBM