PVE AoE Sniper: The Explosive Engineer [Video]

paowee

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated: Tried Toborro's Place 16-m NiM mode (note, NiM is supposedly bugged and that you are actually doing the HM version of it) as Engineering and the results were good. I was put on 100% boss duty lol..and ended up first in mox. The 2nd was a MM Sniper who was stationed in the middle of the "platform" so that he can reach the boss and the adds that spawn. We did roughly the same amount of DPS. I think an MM Sniper on add duty also has the extra perk of Orbital Strike on the gold adds that can help in numbers. My gear at this time was 2 Black market implants, 1 high endurance Verpine implant, 1 72 gloves, mostly in full DG gear with 63 MH and a couple of leftover Arkanian mods.

► Screenshot of Scatter Bombs vs Golden Fury http://i.imgur.com/GWwy2fQ.jpg.

As you can see the Bombs are spread out at just the right length.

► Uncropped. 15 minutes http://www.torparse.com/a/187409/4/0/Damage+Dealt

I was in combat for ~10 minutes and apparently was already "parsing" while using my knock back to move the isotopes closer to the tank.

► Cropped to start at "Plasma Probe hits Golden Fury.." and end when my dots, "Electrified Railgun effect fades from Golden Fury..." http://www.torparse.com/a/187409/time/1366598635/1366599096/0/Damage+Dealt

5 minutes of the actual boss fight. 2384 DPS single target no adds no aoe.

► Compared to http://www.torparse.com/statistics

Pizza'dah'hutt, The Bastion, Suckafish - 2156 DPS

Deathstrider, Tomb of Freedon Nadd - 2084 DPS

Darkbrainie, Darth Nihilus - 1979.02 DPS

Araneldë, Jedi Covenant - 1972.43 DPS

Edited by paowee

DAMNIT!!! 2,7K DPS on Titan 6 and I manage to die 3 sec before the fight ends :confused: Hope MOX was correct hehe

It was glorious..

Fun! Although... regardless of spec i think that 2.7k mark is largely due to Orbital on aoe taunted adds and probably not from Engi's scatter bombs.

2.7k http://www.torparse.com/a/186921/70 Hybrid sniper

2.6k http://www.torparse.com/a/182595/9 MM sniper

and your 2.7k Engi sniper

Honestly I think Trasher will be a good gauge. 2 Snipers, different specs, 100% on boss, high uptime, no adds :p Grats on the DPS! :p

Edited by paowee

i See that my parse was linked their and i just want to say in defense of MM :p look at my total dps to the adds and damage done to them compared to the other guy :p i did substantilly more to titan 6
Heh that is true! MM you ~70% Titan ~30% Probes. Hybrid him ~50% Titan ~50% Probes. But it still doesn't discount the fact that 2.7k is still largely due to Orbital on the adds. Unless you mean to say.. 24,000 DPS is attainable single target as Marksman lol.

You definitely did more single target DPS on Titan - 1799.33 compared to his 1272.87 DPS. But Orbital and AoE made up for that.

Edited by paowee

No what i meant to imply was we had two guys clearing adds. he was doing it solo i could have done it solo in MM but our healers felt better about having the BH drop DFAs also :p
You should try Engineering sometime! I'm curious to know how much you can push it in a fight like Trasher or Golden fury for example. Due to gear limitations I believe your parses will at least be more accurate than whatever I can dish out right now :jawa_redface:

i was thinkign about doing hybrid on titan 6 this week but due to group makeup i feel thrasher its very important for me to stay mm but may try it.
MM add duty for Thrasher? I've no qualms respeccing for add duty but in my experience, targetting those snipers from the floor is such a :jawa_mad: At least on the few times that i did it. Which was only once. Thankfully I've been on a much more relaxing job which is roll duty on the boss. Edited by paowee

MM add duty for Thrasher? I've no qualms respeccing for add duty but in my experience, targetting those snipers from the floor is such a :jawa_mad: At least on the few times that i did it. Which was only once. Thankfully I've been on a much more relaxing job which is roll duty on the boss.

I just throw an orbital up there even if I'm not on add duty :)

Edited by bbare

there is one spot a little right of middle that i can usually hit them all on easily

So the middle is the key. Yes I remember running close to the wall where the Snipers were at and having a hard time targetting them.

I just throw an orbital up there even if I'm not on add duty :)
That one I do as well. :o Edited by paowee

Here's my Engineering Titan 6 parse, forgot to mention it was only story mode: 2752 DPS

http://www.torparse.com/a/190135/93/0/Damage+Dealt

I was mainly going for the adds under the boss (like you said), saving double roll for that phase. Damage on Titan looks to be in the middle of Tralt and Amilar.

Thrasher adds can be a pain, just don't stand close to the wall.. Roll duty is way more fun ^^

Nice Svii! I'm posting a parse later, we are currently doing SnV right now and just finished Titan 6 with 2890 DPS as Engineering. Had to compete with a Marauder and Merc DPS for the Titan Probes XD. Finished Thrasher with 2738 DPS.

Stats are:

63 Dread Guard MH

1322 bonus damage

198.97% acc

24.20% crit chance (+117 crit rating)

61.35% surge (+151 surge rating)

3.15% alacrity (+79 rating)

I tried DoT spec for Olok the Shadow and the DPS was not very good. The last phase has too many target resets and I ended up dotting the majority of the time only to have the add dead by the time my SoS finishes in the rotation.

Edited by paowee

not sure why we did SM tonight but we did i pulled only 2500 on titan 6 cause i was on boss for all but one orbital but i did manage a 2978 thrasher parse :D
Was that single target no AoE as MM :jawa_confused: Also how high is your surge at?

Im practicing Snipe - Ambush - SoS bindings and it is definitely more comfortable than my old SoS - Snipe - Ambush bindings.

Edited by paowee

Wow.. Just shy of 3k DPS on Thrasher as MM, really nice both of you. I'm switching specs a lot lately, having a lot of fun! Need to concentrate more on one of them for longer periods of time though, my fingers are slipping hehe

I practically live on torparse now, and they also released an in game parser wooo!

Almost got rid of most of my Crit rating too, sitting at 24% with 70% Surge after last night Elite Vendor raid.. now, if my m8s would stop beating my gimped /roll for the main hand..

Edited by Svii

Wow.. Just shy of 3k DPS on Thrasher as MM, really nice both of you. I'm switching specs a lot lately, having a lot of fun! Need to concentrate more on one of them for longer periods of time though, my fingers are slipping hehe

I practically live on torparse now, and they also released an in game parser wooo!

Almost got rid of most of my Crit rating too, sitting at 24% with 70% Surge after last night Elite Vendor raid.. now, if my m8s would stop beating my gimped /roll for the main hand..

How are your implants, earpieces and enhancements set up? Near 70% surge.. i'm at 61% right now XD

Edited by paowee

I want that AMR site back..

Did some thinking and tinkering way too late yesterday, planning for Underworld gearing. Ended up buying 2x Black Market MK-2 Implants with Power Surge and the chest, yes, I had 350 Elite comms rotting away hehe I also have the Cybertech crafted earpiece with massive Cunning/Power/Surge.

Still using 7 or 8 MK-6 Augments with Cunning. I lost a lot of Accuracy which I compensated by getting a 69 Enhancement from the Chest and 2x 28 Accuracy augments. Crazy using augments like that, but look here:

5x 79 Accuracy <items> = 395 Accuracy

2x 28 Accuracy Augments = 56

Total 451 Accuracy which should put me just above 100% once I'm in 168 gear!

Edit: Perhaps 4x 79 enh + 4x 28 Augs are better.. 428 accuracy, need to think about this ^^

Cunning 2900+

Power 1040

Crit 89 (24.08%ish)

Surge 70.xx

Accuracy 411 iirc 99.71% or so

156 rating main hand and 168 offhand

My plan is to switch my Implants/Ear into 168 with Accuracy/Power and remove Accuracy from Enhancements as I acquire upgrades. We'll see what I can get my hands on in the coming months.

Edit: Reasoning: Enhancements are easier to change than Implants/Earpiece.

Edited by Svii

Interesting. The high power Accuracy enhancements are so hard to get. We would need to farm multiple tokens to get those and i think for Snipers it will be the boots and legs (iirc..) I'm planning on getting Acc/Power implants and earpiece to save myself the trouble of farming those Acc/power enhancements. I'll have more power/surge enhancements but those are easier to get to cap. Edited by paowee

Here are the logs for Titan 6 and Thrasher both as Engineering. Take note Thrasher fight was 100% on the boss without Orbital or AoE on the adds. Around 200 less than the single target ops dummy parse (2951 DPS)

2885 http://www.torparse.com/a/190903/8/0/Damage+Dealt

2739 http://www.torparse.com/a/190903/15/0/Damage+Dealt

:p Finally got a MH last night! Now time to work on those enhancements. As I get gear I will be aiming for stats similar to Traltz's set up due to the success of his MM in raids. Also i'm going with the info from the math guys and keep my crit relatively close to its "20% soft cap."

STATS WISH LIST fully buffed:

Around 67.87% Surge

Around 24.52% - 27.07%

Accuracy is either at 99.97% or 100.27%

Rest into Power

Cunning augments

0 Alacrity rating

Edited by paowee