Male or Female and Why?

zorphon

I've seen multiple threads on this, but I still can't come to a conclusion.

I heard the female VA has a great voice and in reality I will be listening to the voice the majority of the game, so that's a huge plus.

However, the Male IA apparently (from the other threads) has less 'annoying' or overly exaggerated flirtation options and is more 'smooth' with the ladies. The VA is supposedly still good just not as good as the female one.

And then there's the romance options, in which the females can get the bug guy, and the males either Kaliyo or the chick you get later.

I'm leaning towards male because the flirt options are apparently better, but is it worth it for the flirt/romance options even though the female VA is superior throughout the WHOLE game? I'm not sure.

What do you guys think? I'm going to be rolling an Operative, so in my mind both genders fit in great lore-wise.

If the VA is what you want, go with female, if that doesn't sell you...

- Consider appearances, medium armour has some interesting choices... such as the maruader stuff; half tops and the like. Can look Sassy, Sexy and deadly.

- Consider the two romances; Do you like Kaliyo, or would you rather the Joiner from Alderaan?

Either way, the flirt options are no biggy... as an Agent, both Genders receive a Voss live-partner and I'll tell you now, I think the Female Agent gets alot of 'lovin' compared to other classes of the same gender.

I personally like the male voice actor more... but it's all about looks for me ,)

I would recommend a male Imperial Agent. I know some people don't like the voice, or feel that the female IA overshadows it, but I loved it. It has some of the best flirts in the game, significantly better than those of the female IA, and has a calm, quiet, tone I just love. He never raises his voice, but can do anger and other emotions well, and in my opinion is the best VA in the game.

Male has the best voice and better dialogue. He also gets a FAR better resolution to a particular plot-point at the end of Ch3. However, female gets Vector. There's really no contest; I'd be tempted to go female if I was starting over.

I personally loved both VAs. (I thought male was stronger, actually. But both are really solid - some of the best VA work in the game is in agent.) I'd listen to a bit of both, though. If you greatly prefer one to the other, that's your choice.

Most of the armor looks pretty similar on either, IMHO. So that's not that big a deal. Again, would you rather run around as a male or female character?

I do think that Vector is the best romance option (by a long shot). But Temple and Kaliyo have their moments. (I actually find Kaliyo pretty hilarious in her own way.)

And you do get more flirts, and a few parts just work better as a male agent. (It almost certainly was written for a male agent.) So if you're totally undecided/don't care, that may be a plus. I've liked my male agent better. But both are pretty freaking awesome.

I really like the VA of the female agent (she also did female hawke in DA2) and so will level a female Agent sometime soon........but am holding on for now as i dont want to romance or flirt with any males (my fem agent is all for the girls).

Although at the same time i fancy leveling a male Agent due to all the flirts he can get.

Ah choices and i only have 1 char spot free.

Edited by Sivn

I have a male agent and I've always thought the voice acting was spot on. If I had to complain about voice acting, it would be the male consular, but that's for another time. Both male and female have that kind of 'suave' feel to them, although maybe it's just the accents that get me.

As for flirt options, you can either get bug-boy for female, or a choice of either a half crazed anarcist who loves to cause some destruction just for the sake of causing destruction, or the fall-in-line imperial soldier chick. Personally, I'd advice for the somewhat insane anarcist because, frankly, she's probably the most "interesting" companion in the game, although she is very much the type where you love her to death or just want to push her out the airlock on your ship. I personally love her, but thats just me :cool:

I'd advice for the somewhat insane anarcist because, frankly, she's probably the most "interesting" companion in the game, although she is very much the type where you love her to death or just want to push her out the airlock on your ship. I personally love her, but thats just me :cool:

I honestly think that if you don't love Kaliyo, you're not really meant to play agent. She's an amazing character. (And I'm really annoyed that she's not a s/s romance option.) And it is great fun to interact with her, as you always half want to kill her...but sort of like her anyway. Although really, every companion in agent is beautifully written. (and acted)

I personally loved both VAs. (I thought male was stronger, actually. But both are really solid - some of the best VA work in the game is in agent.) I'd listen to a bit of both, though. If you greatly prefer one to the other, that's your choice.

Most of the armor looks pretty similar on either, IMHO. So that's not that big a deal. Again, would you rather run around as a male or female character?

I do think that Vector is the best romance option (by a long shot). But Temple and Kaliyo have their moments. (I actually find Kaliyo pretty hilarious in her own way.)

And you do get more flirts, and a few parts just work better as a male agent. (It almost certainly was written for a male agent.) So if you're totally undecided/don't care, that may be a plus. I've liked my male agent better. But both are pretty freaking awesome.

I haven't gotten very far with my male agent but I still have Kaliyo I dont have my other companion yet but I think Kaliyo is pretty funny she just Isn't a person I would personally flirt with besides my agent has better things to do than flirt with her maybe though when I get my other companion I will take more time to flirt with maybe not either way I think my agent is pretty intimidating:cool:

I really like the female voice and find the male voice to be very annoying and whiny. I don't use the flirt options when I'm playing female characters as I don't want those creeps messing with my girl. lol

I really like the female voice and find the male voice to be very annoying and whiny. I don't use the flirt options when I'm playing female characters as I don't want those creeps messing with my girl. lol

I personally found the whiny aspect of the male voice to be hilarious. (Better than the baby talk with the female agent, anyway. What was with that?) And his sort of needy voice when he does his American accent? That always had me giggling.

I suppose it all depends on what you like. I really liked both of them, and found entertaining aspects to each gender. (After a point, the sort of whiny/needy sound to my male agent had me convinced that he was a delicate little snowflake who had chosen the worst job for himself ever...which never fails to amuse me.)

Definitely the male Imperial Agent for me. Honestly, this game does not lend itself, graphically, very well to female toons. The only reason I ever play a female character is when I can **** her out... Can't really do that in this game... Besides, I really don't want to "flirt" with npc doods /shakehead

For romance, male, for everything else, female.

I love the look of my Female sniper, the red hair, the glasses, the coat, it is perfect. Jo Wyatt is also an awesome actress, imo. one of the best bioware has used. I loved her voice ever since I played Dragon age 2, I almost always picked female hawke because of her.

that said, my operative will be male.

Yes. Watcher Two sees all. *sigh* Not sure if it's worth it, seeing as my romance ended with Watcher Two pretending it had never happened and my agent being all depressed. (In my mind, he totally snuck over to her apartment and waited there for like fourteen hours for her to come home, in stealth, in the rain...and she never did. After that, he was a broken, bitter man.) But, you know, the life of the agent is one of pain. I've accepted.

You never know, maybe if and when we ever get chapter four, there will be some surprises.

I am hoping. She responded positively, I guess, to the one flirt option available in chapter three? (Then again, the flirt was something weird like, "If you were still my stern, beautiful Keeper, you could have made me do what you wanted." And then her response was, "I like to think I'm still stern and beautiful." So I'm a little worried as to where that relationship is headed.)

i went with the female because i can't stand the male voice actor at all lol was gonna have a male 1 and name it bester from babylon 5 . anytime i see the male 1 win a roll i spacebar when i actually wasn't spacebaring everything.

• 2 months later...