Well, looks like I've hit that brick wall....

Darth_Solrac

Silly people don't realize that healing companions > all other companions.

Not necessarily. Best for Juggernaut/Guardian is either ranged DPS or melee DPS. Vette or Jaesa for the SW, and Kira for the Guardian. I left Rusk off there because his DPS sucks, tbh. Compared to Vette, he's amateur hour.

If you think this is hard, wait till you get to Voss :)

I remeber this fight, and i also remeber reading how hard the Inquisitor Story line was, so after Quesh, I spent a few days just doing PvP, Flashpoints, and space combat to move about 2 and a half levels above the planets I was about to go to. It worked out tremendously, particularly in this fight. I just used Khem Vel, geared out in current orange gear and burned him to the ground fairly easily.

If you think this is hard, wait till you get to Voss :)

I remeber this fight, and i also remeber reading how hard the Inquisitor Story line was, so after Quesh, I spent a few days just doing PvP, Flashpoints, and space combat to move about 2 and a half levels above the planets I was about to go to. It worked out tremendously, particularly in this fight. I just used Khem Vel, geared out in current orange gear and burned him to the ground fairly easily.

Persistence conquers all (sorry for the double post).

Ahhh the wonderful world of solo PVE! I'm going to jump right in and say that there's a very simple and fairly obvious way to beat almost any solo boss. Heal Spec. Gear Khem Val as much as you can. I completely updated Khem's armor to current level orange gear with about 40k. After that- it's simple. Send in your companion instead of yourself. Keep him healed and he will deal slow* but sure damage. Once you have the consumption ability it's nigh impossible to run out of force (consume then heal yourself, you'll always have more force than you started with).

I just discovered this on my own 3 days ago. After having a 50 friend help me beat Thanaton on Corellia, I wanted to head over and finish the class quests. She couldnt come. Luckily, in my downtime I was invited to do a Flashpoint (directive 7) and had to spec as a healer for it. Whoa-and-behold, the idea came. I soloed the final boss of the class quests at level 47 and ended with FULL HEALTH.. It took awhile but... honestly it was way too easy.

The only downside- it doesn't work so well on mobs. Khem has an AOE pull, but that breaks any CCs you set. Save the secret for the really tough elites and occasional champs.

Okay, I'm having problems with this Rolan guy too.

And don't suggest knocking him off the bridge, cuz I tried that and he came back instantly. Guess Bioware figured that one out. :)

With Talos, I can get him down to about 3/4's health...but Talos' heals just can't keep up with the incoming damage. He generally finishes me off in about 2 minutes. Less than that if I try it while the Moment of Heroism is recharging.

Spec is mostly lightning/madness with a little healing thrown in for the companions. It's probably not a very optimal build...but it's always been fine up until now.

:(

Edited by SalmonMax

• 4 weeks later...

Well this fight just convinved me to unsubscribe from SW:ToR. Every time I Knock him off the bridge he just reappears back next to me and keeps wiping the floor with me.

I've literally been at this for hours, blowing through a few grand of healing etc and every possible option to beat the git.

Edited by SodiumSpike

My advice: use your tank, put a shield on him, place dots on target, heal tank. Rince and repeat. Interruption and stuns are your friends...

Don't know this boss, haven't reached him yet (30 sorc). Try to figure out that if you whirlwind him and you heal yourself, will your healing be faster than that of whirlwind? if so, WW him and heal up quickly. then continue the fight.

Edited by SpoeMeister

I've done this fight twice, and all I can suggest is as follows:

Make sure you're leveled up well, and that you and your companion are GEARED well.

The leveling may seem obvious, but a lot of people end up at important boss fights with too low a level from skipping quests or even just inadvertently. Check the quest log and see which level you're supposed to be at, and what color the quest is. If it's Red, you certainly need to level up. If it's orange, you may consider it as it will make a difference.

That said, most people understand the need to be at a high enough level, but a great many do not grasp the importance of gear. Check out your character page. If your gear is mostly or all greens and/or you have slots empty, you're not going to win a fight like this one. Get in blues of your level, or oranges with mods of your level. If you're level 40 and are genuinely broke, you can run some warzones for the coms and then get the gear from the PvP vendor for level 40.

Next, check out your companion. If you're properly geared and his primary stat is less than 75% of your own, you're probably not winning the fight. If you haven't done most of the quests and taken the most recent companion gear for a single companion, you need to have equipped the companion some other way. These fights are designed for companions to be present, and if your companion is geared poorly then its like you don't have one there - or at least not all there.