Server Balance

ShaggNasty

I wonder if the Devs plan on doing server transfers to balance the empire / republic population ratio. That was a large problem with Warhammer Online, having one faction vastly out number the other creates problems later. At the very least I feel that they should consider this on the PVP servers as a priority.

Any thoughts?

It might be something they approach in the future but we should let them get through early access & launch before we start crying faction imbalance. I mean they'll be working their butts off over the holidays. We PvPers tend to be impatient but I think I can wait a bit for them to handle it. :D

I agree, but I know it will likely be an issue. Seems people who roll on "evil" side of any MMO more or less want to PVP more than good factions. But FFA pvp areas are where I will likely spend my time if the servers are not balanced decently. Good thing is having the warfronts like Huttball that allow mixed faction!

It is pretty obvious as far as Pre-Launch and early access goes that all of the PVP servers have more empire than republic, but I could have guessed that. I personally forseen this and wanted to roll republic with my guild and we voted and they favored empire.

Look forward to seeing you all in game, I dont care what side of the force you favor i just like PVP. :cool:

I agree that server balance is really important when it comes down to a PvP server. I suggested they have a Imperial-to-Rebel ratio section on the server selection screen. They could also allow a particular faction to server transfer for servers with unbalanced faction ratios OR just allow each character 1 free server transfer that they can use if they so desire. I don't care what faction I play... I just want to have a nice balance between the 2 on the server I play on.

I agree that server balance is really important when it comes down to a PvP server. I suggested they have a Imperial-to-Rebel ratio section on the server selection screen. They could also allow a particular faction to server transfer for servers with unbalanced faction ratios OR just allow each character 1 free server transfer that they can use if they so desire. I don't care what faction I play... I just want to have a nice balance between the 2 on the server I play on.

I totally agree, the idea to have the faction ratio on the server selection is a great idea! that will totally help people choose what server to roll on im sure, and having a free transfer would be a good idea too. Just like you, i just want to have decent balance. Obviously its only day and more and more will come and some will go so we will see what its like a few months down the road. Being a hardcore PVPer im pretty patient. :o

they should just have soft caps (like they already do for total pop) for faction pop

so if there's way more sith than republic, the login queue times for sith will be longer. if the server page shows "Sith: Full | Republic: Low" it will balance itself. no one wants to *********** queue.