2v2 Arena PVP! This thursday

GeneralPhulcrum

HVND and Transcendence are hosting a 2v2 Arena style PvP event at outlaws den on tattooine.

It will be a single elimination, anything goes (pots and nades ok) 2v2 tournament. There will be a "buy in" fee (To be Determined based on number of participants) and the winning team will take all.

If we have enough people show up from multiple skill and gear levels we will most likely create two "classes" , essentially tiers that players can choose to enter, to help level the playing field.

More details will be revealed Thursday night at the event 5pm PST. Or Pst Del'tia or Phulcrum in game for more info!

This would have been much better if certain players could have refrained from griefing. We are trying to create some player based content in a game that critics say lacks content. If there is a next time, the sign ups will be in advance, and there will be an organized tree. I tried for several minutes to get the imp side to /say their teams, but only heard from two imp teams.

also i will need to get everyone in teamspeak, so if there is enough interest i will expand our ts server to accommodate everyone. trying to communicate through the faction barrier was also a problem as /say has a limited range.

any other usable feedback is welcome, as del'tia and I brainstorm and plan for the next one.

Also, to the critics that claim we are doing it to make credits: I fronted 200k, Del'tia and transendence payed me back about 80k. We accepted NO credits from anyone else. The next one will have a buy in, and all transactions will be recorded. All credits will be paid to the winners (1st, or 1st 2nd and 3rd place).

Edited by GeneralPhulcrum

it was a lot of fun and the matches weren't too bad... don't understand how some teams that kept losing got to keep going in a single elim tourney but def. gave us something to do... got to make friends with an STS member so that was fun... and any time i get to see Xerain and Kree my lightsaber comes out and i get all hot--then i die.

This would have been much better if certain players could have refrained from griefing. We are trying to create some player based content in a game that critics say lacks content. If there is a next time, the sign ups will be in advance, and there will be an organized tree. I tried for several minutes to get the imp side to /say their teams, but only heard from two imp teams.

also i will need to get everyone in teamspeak, so if there is enough interest i will expand our ts server to accommodate everyone. trying to communicate through the faction barrier was also a problem as /say has a limited range.

any other usable feedback is welcome, as del'tia and I brainstorm and plan for the next one.

Also, to the critics that claim we are doing it to make credits: I fronted 200k, Del'tia and transendence payed me back about 80k. We accepted NO credits from anyone else. The next one will have a buy in, and all transactions will be recorded. All credits will be paid to the winners (1st, or 1st 2nd and 3rd place).

Many thanks to the hosts of this event, it was a lot of fun. To help make it easier for communication you could assign someone on the imp side to coordinate imp teams and have that coordinator in team speak with you. /say seemed to work ok for the most part though.

We must have had more than two imp teams out there though, I know I had one and saw a few more too.

We have a lot of ideas that are going to make the next one much better. There were many more than two imp teams present, although i could only get two teams to respond. Teams that had lost got to play again because the winner had already been determined. so they were playing for fun (which is why we play isnt it?) .

Thanks to those who offered Helpful ideas. There will be a posting soon disclosing more info. Thanks for attending!

it was a lot of fun and the matches weren't too bad... don't understand how some teams that kept losing got to keep going in a single elim tourney but def. gave us something to do... got to make friends with an STS member so that was fun... and any time i get to see Xerain and Kree my lightsaber comes out and i get all hot--then i die.

What are you going on about? I'm confused.