One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

I certainly don't recall paying $9.99 for a WoW expansion. This one doesn't seem to be AS big as a full fledged expansions that you're used to seeing in other MMOs but it's reasonably priced for what you're getting.

Agreed, ten bucks is fine.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten bucks for a single planet?

Op is right. $10 is not a lot of money but still it's a a single planet and who knows how big it'll be. Another Quesh size planet?

never know.

THey already said it would be the size of their larger planets, and if it was a quesh size planet i dont feel like they could fill it with 5 new levels of content in such a small space.

Edited by Bounty_

THey already said it would be the size of their larger planets, and if it was a quesh size planet i dont feel like they could fill it with 5 new levels of content in such a small space.

They also said it would be free. They also said we would be getting "new ability's"....they are not so new.:o

It's a very disturbing pattern.

Edited by Taorus

This is Bioware we're talking about. Remember?

"The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time"

So you're going to give a ridiculously small amount of XP for the new 5 levels... to make it last a 'fair amount of time'?

How else would they sell XP boosters on the cartel market?

You have no idea what else this include...

We have no idea what the new Flashpoint count will be.

We have no idea what the new Operation count will be.

We have no idea how big the quest count will be.

We have no idea how and if there is an expanded lightside/darkside bar.

We have no idea what the new Warzone count will be.

We have no idea the number of zones the planet will have.

We have no idea how many heroic quests will be on the planet.

We have no idea how the increase/improvement to crafting will be.

We have no idea how many hours of story are being introduced.

We have no idea what number of collectibles will be unlocked.

We have no idea how many new datacrons will be available.

We have no idea what the additions to the Advanced class trees will look like.

We have no idea what extra features may be added for convenience.

We have no idea... Plain and simple.

So save your tales of woe until we have any actual information other than one planet. I mean, world of warcraft gave us one new planet in their first expansion, the second one was just a zone and the third one was just a reskin of the current world. The fourth being another new zone... See what I am getting at here?

What do you want? Another 200 hours of Class, world and faction story? That's another game bud, and if the first one took at least 5 years to make, an expansion of that size will take about half that time because the source code is already built.

39.99... 19.99.... you should go on....

MoP is only 19.99 right now and includes 3 raids 6 dungeons 7 zones 2 new Battle Grounds 2 new arenas a new class a new race, player housing, pet battles, revamped lower level dungeon and raid content new mounts new tiers of gear new story and five new levels, new abilities and new tiers of gear for both pve and pvp

RotHC will beither 9.99 or 19.99 and includes five new levels and one new planet and repurposed abilities

You have no idea what else this include...

We have no idea what the new Flashpoint count will be.

We have no idea what the new Operation count will be.

We have no idea how big the quest count will be.

We have no idea how and if there is an expanded lightside/darkside bar.

We have no idea what the new Warzone count will be.

We have no idea the number of zones the planet will have.

We have no idea how many heroic quests will be on the planet.

We have no idea how the increase/improvement to crafting will be.

We have no idea how many hours of story are being introduced.

We have no idea what number of collectibles will be unlocked.

We have no idea how many new datacrons will be available.

We have no idea what the additions to the Advanced class trees will look like.

We have no idea what extra features may be added for convenience.

We have no idea... Plain and simple.

So save your tales of woe until we have any actual information other than one planet. I mean, world of warcraft gave us one new planet in their first expansion, the second one was just a zone and the third one was just a reskin of the current world. The fourth being another new zone... See what I am getting at here?

What do you want? Another 200 hours of Class, world and faction story? That's another game bud, and if the first one took at least 5 years to make, an expansion of that size will take about half that time because the source code is already built.

Yet they put pre-oder up without telling us any of that. Sorry but it kinda feels like, what do they NOT want to tell us?

MoP is only 19.99 right now and includes 3 raids 6 dungeons 7 zones 2 new Battle Grounds 2 new arenas a new class a new race, player housing, pet battles, revamped lower level dungeon and raid content new mounts new tiers of gear new story and five new levels, new abilities and new tiers of gear for both pve and pvp

RotHC will beither 9.99 or 19.99 and includes five new levels and one new planet and repurposed abilities

This is a bad comparison - You can't play MOP without having all previous expansions purchased and installed. And there is no player housing in WoW. Where did you get that idea?

Edited by chuixupu

Don't be dense. This is a bad comparison - You can't play MOP without having all previous expansions purchased and installed. And there is no player housing in WoW. Where did you get that idea?

I just started doing this new thing and it's made the forums 100x better. Anyone that opens their " counter argument" with a personal attack gets immediately ignored. If you don't have anything logical to say, no point talking to you.

I recommend everyone try it.

I just started doing this new thing and it's made the forums 100x better. Anyone that opens their " counter argument" with a personal attack gets immediately ignored. If you don't have anything logical to say, no point talking to you.

I recommend everyone try it.

In other words, you realized you just provided faulty information and have no response for it so you'll just pretend it didn't exist instead. But to make you feel better I'll remove inferred insult and apologize, although you won't see this because you ignored me. :p

Edited by chuixupu

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Yeah well the pre-order bonus should be increased until we get the info needed, for the moment its "we have stuff in that "paid patch", we cant say what but buy it"

• How big in term of size compared to another planet for reference?
  • How many quest?
  • Do we get new mechanics?

I do remember a dev saying section X was going to be awesome, but it was empty.. No questline, nothing.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Not to mention they aren't done releasing all of the info on the expansion itself.

Then they need to get busy convincing people it's worth the money, because when you click on the "pre-order now" button, here's SPECIFICALLY what they gauruntee to provide for the money you're giving them: Access to the planet of Makeb, we have no video of what that ac tually means. no developer walkthrough, no patch notes, no thing. We are getting five new levels, but no preview of what the abilities look like, what they do, how we unlock them etc. They say they are giving us new quests and new "story" but no new class story.

I am done trusting a companies "marketing department" on what they will and won't provide. Their whole purpose is to upsell and oversell and then once they've got our money, oh well, too bad so sad you don't really like it and it's nothing like what we said.

Hey, Just sayin' ....

Maybe they don't want to reveal everything all at once so that there"s some suspense to the thing? I mean why would you give someone the whole story of the book in the first 5 pages? Or fot that matter on the back cover?

You want to build some suspense right? I'm not making an excuse but trying to put some perspective. I myself can't wait. The Hutt's have always been a pain in the ***** in the story. To either side.

To me Taris is one of the largest and lengthy planets and one of the coolest. If it's anything like that then it will be worth it and then some.

Just sayin'

Taris....*shudder* Can't say I'm with you there.

Yeah it gets lengthy....I agree but for new content, as in scope and size, if it's like that then I think it will be worth the money.

Taris has a creepy, desperate feel to it. Which i liked and i think it's what they were going for.

"Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!"

Cool your jets some of you. Jeez.

And ya know this is what Im waiting to see. If they announce alot more content with this then It may be worth the 10 bucks.

That all being said, I still think it should be buyable with CC - and thats really my biggest problem with the xpac - How can you have a monetary currency and then not allow people to use that to buy your product? Thats like going to Kohls and buying 100 bucks and getting 10 dollars in Kohl's cash then going back the next day and they say you can only buy certain items with that....I dont know any company that does this?