Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

Btw, I think I'm going to join the vestments crowd and find a moddable version of that... how gimped will I be if I use those instead of heavy armor?

And are there any vestments mods that raise strength/endurance instead of endurance/willpower? Also, will willpower have any benefit to a tanking Guardian?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in for the crowd that is losing the urge to continue playing because of this. I'm level 19 and don't want to go forward (I kept expecting I'd find a robe without a hood up evnetually).

I went back to Tython to wrap up some quests I missed earlier, and its like all the Jedi there are mocking me... I'm running around shirtless now just for the hell of it.

That would be interesting, but my JK character is a female. :eek:

Just to clarify, nobody has been able to find a robe like this yet?

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/123d1321361033-jedi-knight.png/

Not necessarily with the armor pieces underneath (though that would be cool as well), but just the robe, where the hood is down.

Nope. Not in the game. Last hood down robe you get as a Guardian is a crafted piece level 17-19. Then there is a 50 pvp battlemaster set without a hood, but it is not a robe, it's a weird samurai spaceman suit.

Nope. Not in the game. Last hood down robe you get as a Guardian is a crafted piece level 17-19. Then there is a 50 pvp battlemaster set without a hood, but it is not a robe, it's a weird samurai spaceman suit.

Ugh, that's just ridiculous. Major buzzkill. Think I'll abandon my Knight playthrough for now and go do a Trooper, maybe I'll come back to it at some point in the future when they fix this.

By the way, the crafted piece you're referring to, does it look like the screenshot I posted? If so and I can get an orange version, I might be saved.

Edited by wadecounty

It's sad that this issue hasn't been addressed by the devs yet despite its popularity.

There was no point in me giving my character a cool hair style since I've appeared to be bald since Coruscant.

The current robe I have right now is awesome and I have kept it upgraded and everything, but I just wish that I could toggle the hood off.

Still waiting for this issue to be addressed.

Exactly.

They also used a hoodless robe in the trailer. Maybe somebody should try to sue them for false adverstisement ah ah ah.

Seriously, did you see how horrible the actual robes look on close ups ? :/

We need :

- Butt fixing

- Hood toggle

- Things that don't have cape nor robes

- hi res textures

Exactly.

They also used a hoodless robe in the trailer. Maybe somebody should try to sue them for false adverstisement ah ah ah.

Seriously, did you see how horrible the actual robes look on close ups ? :/

We need :

- Butt fixing

- Hood toggle

- Things that don't have cape nor robes

- hi res textures

Agree with all this, but the thing that really gets me is that the robe model that I want is already IN THE GAME! Ah.. so annoying.

At least the butt fixing, the hood toggle, hi-res textures, we can argue those are stuff that need to be implemented. But just implementing that model for players to wear is as simple as adding it in as an item.

Meh.

And yeah, I'm excessively bumping this thread in vain, as I hope someone who matters will eventually see it. Remember, attention helped change "Jedi Wizard" to "Jedi Sage".

Agreed, so many things that were shown in trailers /screan shots arn't that way ingame ( I know its JK forum but) Sith Inquisitor was shown with a mask and with a hood up I look at the exact armor moddle ingame and it looks nothing like the screenshots and trailers...

this makes me /sad face

The lack of a hood on/off feature does indeed bother me as well. I'm fine with robes but the option should be there!

Additionally, I echo some of the other posters' concerns over this whole "bait and switch" with the armor. The progression and class trailers show Heavy Armor that actually LOOKS heavy instead of a palette swap of the same robes as our Sentinel brothers are wearing. I'm level 24 and I expected at least to have a sturdy-looking breastplate to wear with my Jedi robes at least.

Take a look at: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/faq

There's a picture of what appears to be a Guardian with...what's that? Heavy-looking armor? So I just want an honest answer. Where is all of the gear that was advertised that made so many of us instantly sign up as Jedi Knights?

Agree with all this, but the thing that really gets me is that the robe model that I want is already IN THE GAME! Ah.. so annoying.

At least the butt fixing, the hood toggle, hi-res textures, we can argue those are stuff that need to be implemented. But just implementing that model for players to wear is as simple as adding it in as an item.

Meh.

And yeah, I'm excessively bumping this thread in vain, as I hope someone who matters will eventually see it. Remember, attention helped change "Jedi Wizard" to "Jedi Sage".

Sad part is, everything IS already in the game.

- Hood toggle ? Check out the screens. You can see almost every piece we have actually has a "hood down" version, the hood is just a part they clip on the shoulders. The system might be hard to get in game you think. IT IS ON THE FRACKING TWILEKS. They can't wear hoods, they wear the exact same pieces we got to wear, but with no hood -__- .

- Hi res ? It's in cutscenes (though I agree, not for every piece, some are still missing), and it was in the first BETAS (there are screenshots).

- Butt fixing ? The butt is NORMAL when you watch it in character preview mode.

So it's like they just WANT to piss people off so the Jedi knight don't end up being the most popular class. They just want to discourage us. So we can reroll as a trooper you know.

There's NO other explainations.

Cauz right now, as a result, that's what the Jedi Knight class is about :

- Hardest class to play

- Many people would even say "underpowered" as we have absolutely nothing in exchange for "not being a ranged class", we take 3 times more damage while we deal the exact same damages (but often worst since it's harder for us) while not having anything that makes it "worth it"

- We have a huge butt on 90% of the pieces designed for our class.

- The hood makes us bald, thus removing any originality from any Jedi, we all look like clones now. (actually I don't, I took a crappy moddable gear to avoid that but hey, you know what I mean)

- Textures are among the worst in game so far, at least till they don't get us the hi Rez versions

So really, how can all of that NOT be on purpose, after months of people already noticing those problems :/ ...?

There's a picture of what appears to be a Guardian with...what's that? Heavy-looking armor? So I just want an honest answer. Where is all of the gear that was advertised that made so many of us instantly sign up as Jedi Knights?

I'm a sentinel, I'm pretty sure I didn't except 3 models in total and only colour swaps, so please don't act as if only Guardians are getting screwed in the process. And you guys still have force powers like force push and saber throw, iconic moves that they REMOVED from us -_- .

Edited by Strayth

It would be child's play to fix this. All of the models are already done. Every robe in game has a hoodless version that we have seen in screenshots and videos on this very website.

They are all two clicks away from the post you are reading right now.

Devs, make the Knights happy. Either give us the hood toggle that would simply toggle back and forth between two chestpieces you have already designed fully, or if that is hard for some reason I can't fathom,

just put in the hood down chest pieces in orange moddable versions and distribute them among the commendations vendors and call it a day.

There is no reason to keep the Guardian players unhappy when pleasing us is so simple and so logical and so clearly the right thing to do.

There is no reason to keep the Guardian players unhappy when pleasing us is so simple and so logical and so clearly the right thing to do.

Why is EVERYONE forgetting about the Sentinels ? They got the crappy "hood only" gears too... Seriously guys, please let's talk about "jedi knights" and stop pretending sentinels don't matter.

BTW : I actually like your stand up comedy ah ah.

Remember what was shown for the Sentinels :

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/pc/s/t/star-wars-the-old-republic-pc-257.jpg

Original clothing. No hood. And actually beautiful textures.

Okay well, in NO WAY the game can look that good, weither it is technical (textures) or art style (basic colour swap of ugly and glitchy bath robes).

So it's not just "guardians."

Here's a hi rez Guardian for you guys ^^

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/pc/s/t/star-wars-the-old-republic-pc-255.jpg

with no hood. They just want to piss off.

I'm a sentinel, I'm pretty sure I didn't except 3 models in total and only colour swaps, so please don't act as if only Guardians are getting screwed in the process. And you guys still have force powers like force push and saber throw, iconic moves that they REMOVED from us -_- .

You misunderstand me. I only pointed out my example based on that banner from that link I posted (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/faq) with the Guardian shown in that armor style. I wholeheartedly agree with you that this is a quality oversight encompassing the whole Jedi Knight class.