Karagga's Palace 4th Boss Strat

http://endzeit.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7924511&p=28940554&gid=240598#28940554

This is a guide from our guildee on Anchorhead, Sith, Balmunger.

The fourth boss in Karagga's is a lot of fun, but it requires some coordination to complete. The boss is a robot that has a 10 stacked shield which makes him immune to damage. The goal of the fight is the move the boss between 3 "Fire Areas" and burn the boss's shield off. The shield will go down, and begin to stack back up to 10, quickly reducing damage taken.

The 3 "Fire Areas" correspond to 3 consoles, which are activated by solving a puzzle. The puzzle consists of 3 nodes, each with a different "block" which must be moved around in order to create a pyramid. Once the pyramid is built, the console can be activated to fire the boss. The pyramid's 3 components are I, II, III. "III" will be the base, "II" will be the center, and "I" will be the top.

When a console is pressed, the topmost "block" contained on that node will be put into a holding area above the middle console. The next console that is pressed will place that block into its own node. At the beginning of the fight, the order is "I, II, III", and the boss is under the left "Fire Area". To solve this puzzle, the middle console will be pressed first to place the "II" into the holding area, then the right console will be pressed to place it on top of the "III" block. Then the left console is pressed to place the "I" into the holding area, and then the right console is pressed to place the "I" on top to complete the pyramid. Once the pyramid is complete, a fire switch to the right of the console is pressed and the encounter beings.

Once the fight starts, the boss is burned down as quickly as possible. Once the boss gains 2 stacks of his armor, 2 ranged DPS will begin to solve the puzzle again. This is made more difficult by mines that are spawned, but they can be burned down quickly. If the 2 DPS have a healer they can simply run into the mines to destroy them very quickly.

The 2 DPS will remove the "I" from the pyramid, and place it in the middle. Then, the "II" will be removed, and placed on the left node. Then, the "I" in the middle will be placed on top of the "II" on the left. Then, the "III" will be placed in the middle. Then the "I" will be placed on the right. Then, the "II" will be placed on top of the "III" in the middle. Then, the "I" will be placed in the middle to complete the pyramid.

The strategy that Rico and I found to work was that one of us would press the left and middle console, while the other would take care of the right and middle console.

TIPS:

The order must be precise, as time is a factor. Try not to double click the consoles.

The larger blocks can NEVER be placed on top of the smaller blocks, thus the precise order that must occur.

When creating a new pyramid, wherever you place the "I" block first, is where the pyramid will be formed. Thus, if the pyramid is on the right as described above, it will move to the middle because the "I" is placed in the middle initially.

Diagrams:

Start.

A

I---II---III

B

--------II

I---x---III

C

--------I

--------II

x---x---III

Second Fire.

A

--------I

--------II

x---x---III

B

--------II

x---I---III

C

II---I---III

D

I---------

II---x---III

E

I---------

II---III---x

F

II---III---I

G

----II----

x---III---I

H

----I-----

----II-----

x---III---x

From then on, we went left, then middle again, then right, but as long as the pyramid is on a different node from where it was the last firing, any order will do. Please ask if you need more information, but once you do the fight a couple of times it will be very simple.

All credit goes to the man Balmunger.

We kept 2 DPS up top to constantly solve the puzzle. They would break off for bosses "vulnerable stage" but they went right back to the puzzle afterwards. Once boss had 2 stacks of armor, all of our DPS killed mines, especially stun mines. He went down after 5 or so "vulnerability stages". Fun fight, big numbers. Karagga himself was a little bit of a letdown though.

And no - the point of PvE is not to maximize your damage. The point of PvE is to maximize the sustainability of the group.

Lol

xxxxx enrages.

one shot

one shot

one shot

one shot

one shot

one shot

one shot

(only 7 one shots because I have disappearing act)

"If only we had 50 more people to throw at him we could sustain this fight and win!"

As an aside the easiest way to do this is move 1 to the column you want fire from, 2 to the open one, 1 on top of 2, 3 on desired fire, 1 on empty 2 on 3 1 on 2.

This is what my notes looked like:

003 - BURN

030 -- BURN

This solves in 7 moves for any combo, which is the least number of possible moves for a 3 row 3 column tower of hannoi.

We are using 2 RDPS who drop to their own channel to coordinate puzzle without extra chatter, tanks and myself (RL/main heals) put phantoms in so we know when burn comes, our 8man comp is very ranged heavy. (We take what we can get right now)

Edited by Battyone

Our guild did it slightly differently. We had one ranged dps stay up top doing the puzzle with the offtank. The boss puts a debuff on the tank that stacks up and each stack is a 16% armor reduction so It can get rough on the healers rather quickly. After a successful firing of the puzzle we would switch tanks to get a refresh on that debuff. It takes a little bit of time for the tank to get back up to the puzzle but what we had the tanks do was pop a defensive cooldown (if needed) and run through the proximity mines, NOT the stun mines because that would be terrible.

We didn't actually get the boss down because it was getting late. Our downfall was the stun mines, our healers were too often stunned for far too long. We called our certain mines that were in the way of the tank to be cleared but I like the idea of having the dps take out the mines once the boss has to many defensive stacks. That would've solved our problem. We will get him down this week!