Brontes HM : Feedback Needed

Hey there,

Before I get into the issue, a bit of background information. I have DF / DP 8M HM on farm with 5 characters. I do each 5 times a week with 2 tanks, 1 dps, 2 healers. Since the new patch, when I tank Brontes, I am not the only one by the way, I seem to have problems with the tentacle energy sphere slam mechanic (aka pop dem blue ballz with the tentacle).

So we get to this phase, I am on my shadow / super boring guardian tank, I wait for the sphere to arrive, I am in position, sphere is in the tentacle shaded area and explodes. *applause*. Now I move for the next corner, sphere is far more inside the shaded area this time, takes a tank some time to turn due to the slam on tank mechanic, i get to the next slam, I HIT THE SPHERE and nothing. Of course I can taunt them, force pull with my Shadow and destroy them but this complicates things in the long run. Sphere was inside the area and I miss it so to say. Then I wait for the next one and go figures it spawns on the same position, I slam it and dies. I turn to the other corner, sphere is again inside the shaded area and I don't destroy it with the slam . When I say inside the shaded area I mean I am position the tentacle to slam the sphere when this is in the center.

I have done this since the operation came out and never encountered problems. When we start the fight over, we get to this point, I manage to destroy all the spheres but the other tank starts to have issues. Spheres start to get by and we wipe. We did this fight together so many times and we did not have such issues.

Can BioWare have a look at this mechanic because last night, after 2 agonizing hours, we got very frustrated as tanks. I mean, we looked at FRAPS recordings and it seems that lately, the only way to accurately destroy a sphere is to slam it close to its spawn position. Sure this works on the first one as you do not receive the intermediary slam that prevents you from moving fast. Now when you get to the next position, the sphere is already on the inner part of the shaded area and MAY not get destroyed.

How does this fight work for you guys? Do you encounter these problems as of late? Do you also end up with shaded areas that are not fully shaded so to say? I mean last night on one attempt, I had a part of the shaded area missing and you can imagine I did not destroy the sphere.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

This seems to be a client-server out of sync position issue.

Try jumping right after you get into slam position. Jumping forces a server position update which may solve the issue.

Thanks kami! *bearhug* I will try that next week. After one shotting, all bosses, and spending two hours at Brontes because of the above, I am taking a break from raiding this week because this issue I had last night sucked the fun out for me. We spent there two annoying hours in which I had issues, the other tank did not, he had issues, I did not, then we both had issues. We were both shocked because we usually one shot Brontes and live happily ever after.

Like KBN said aim ahead of where they'd be. I don't even look at the wall behind me. I'll have the tentacle faced in a straight line almost.

And worse comes to worse? DPS the hands down ASAP. When the hands go down all the escaped balls destroy themselves.