WZ's starting with 7, ending with 7.

Pistols

• Dev Post

Alright folks I have an update on this issue. There is definitely an issue occurring where some Warzones are popping with uneven teams (such as 7 vs 8). We have a fix that we are currently targeting for 2.2.2 which should do well in reducing the number of occurrences of this happening. Note that this will not 100% get rid of the issue but it should help quite a bit. We are also going to continue to research the issue post 2.2.2

I will give you an update should this push out of 2.2.2, otherwise assume it will be in!

-eric

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we seem to be able to recreate the bug if we queue as a group, but one person lets the queue timeout (not reject) the wz has 7, never gets backfilled and even if the person who times the pop out requeues he doesnt get in.

Alright folks I have an update on this issue. There is definitely an issue occurring where some Warzones are popping with uneven teams (such as 7 vs 8). We have a fix that we are currently targeting for 2.2.2 which should do well in reducing the number of occurrences of this happening. Note that this will not 100% get rid of the issue but it should help quite a bit. We are also going to continue to research the issue post 2.2.2

I will give you an update should this push out of 2.2.2, otherwise assume it will be in!

-eric

So in short, there is no real "fix" coming for this on 2.2.2, despite the fact it literally is PvP game-breaking...

I wish I worked for TOR, where quality assurance meant nothing in regards to job security.

:rolleyes:

Not aimed at you Eric.

Edited by Pistols

The bug is getting out of control. Happens way too often. What about joining an ending wz? I join only to see the scoreboard. Once i even joined AFTER the scoreboard! I could run around the map and get objectives medals for capping before getting removed from that wz.

we seem to be able to recreate the bug if we queue as a group, but one person lets the queue timeout (not reject) the wz has 7, never gets backfilled and even if the person who times the pop out requeues he doesnt get in.

We had the same with our 4man group yesterday, 1 person disconnected during pop countdown so we started as 7. We never got a backfill, BUT when one of the randoms on our team quit the warzone he got instantly replaced. But the spot left empty by our DC'ing friend? Empty forever.

...he never reconnect that evening. Eerie.

It is utterly ridiculous how often this happens and how many games are decided by it.

It's at the point I consider the game a loss if we have only 7 because it almost never gives both teams 7 people. I've seen both teams have 7 maybe twice out of the I've lost count when mine or theirs only had 7.

I realize you guys are working on a skeleton crew and your EA slavemasters give you just enough of a budget to keep the game running while telling you to prioritize the CM above everything else, but I don't think this is something that should be that hard to completely fix.

Edited by Stncold

should do well in reducing the number of occurrences of this happening. Note that this will not 100% get rid of the issue but it should help quite a bit.

Seriously...you cant fix it properly? It seems you guys cant fix ANYTHING in PVP anymore. PVP has been broken forever. Yes, it is playable now, but only if you enjoy always losing due to crap like this. And in PVE you fix something but it breaks something else. How hard is it to make the game only que 8 vs 8? Is it rocket science?

One thing I have NEVER understood is why you don't just use the FP Que and expand it to PVP, that way you always have at least 2 healers and 2 tanks. You would have to click the class you are and your roll. It would make PVP MUCH more enjoyable, and fair.

Just going to say this...you guys at Bioware do NOT know how to design and fix your own game anymore. This is flat out proof of it. I honestly am about fed up. NO OTHER MMO has this amount of bugs and glitches.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Seriously...you cant fix it properly? It seems you guys cant fix ANYTHING in PVP anymore. PVP has been broken forever. Yes, it is playable now, but only if you enjoy always losing due to crap like this. And in PVE you fix something but it breaks something else. How hard is it to make the game only que 8 vs 8? Is it rocket science?

One thing I have NEVER understood is why you don't just use the FP Que and expand it to PVP, that way you always have at least 2 healers and 2 tanks. You would have to click the class you are and your roll. It would make PVP MUCH more enjoyable, and fair.

Just going to say this...you guys at Bioware do NOT know how to design and fix your own game anymore. This is flat out proof of it. I honestly am about fed up. NO OTHER MMO has this amount of bugs and glitches.

If your idea was actually implemented then expect queues to be at least 2x as long as they are now. Queuing for a FP would not be the same as queuing for a WZ. First when queueing for a warzone it queues to find the first 8 people on both sides as closely as possible. Flashpoints is designed to queue 1 4 man group. which has a high probability of getting a queue done. It would be closer to queuing for a 8 man Ops. and answer me this how many 8 man ops have you got from either queuing solo or even with a 4 man group? Slim to none right? Now having to double that size cause then you have to wait for the other side to queue for their 8.

The second thing is its going to suck trying to queue for WZ as a dps then. its bad enough trying to queue as a dps in 4 man flashpoints I might as well camp by my computer for the next 3 days for a wz pop if your idea was the case.

Bioware has given you a response it may not be the response you like but at least they are trying to address the issue someway

-eric

Eric, while we appreciate you guys trying to reduce the number of occurrences, it just simply isn't enough.

I do not presume to know how hard it is to fix bugs, but in all honestly bugs like this one simply shouldn't exist for more than a day or two.

-eric

Noted, you are not going to completely fix your POS game, just a little bit. Got it! Thanks buddy!

If your idea was actually implemented then expect queues to be at least 2x as long as they are now. Queuing for a FP would not be the same as queuing for a WZ. First when queueing for a warzone it queues to find the first 8 people on both sides as closely as possible. Flashpoints is designed to queue 1 4 man group. which has a high probability of getting a queue done. It would be closer to queuing for a 8 man Ops. and answer me this how many 8 man ops have you got from either queuing solo or even with a 4 man group? Slim to none right? Now having to double that size cause then you have to wait for the other side to queue for their 8.

The second thing is its going to suck trying to queue for WZ as a dps then. its bad enough trying to queue as a dps in 4 man flashpoints I might as well camp by my computer for the next 3 days for a wz pop if your idea was the case.

Bioware has given you a response it may not be the response you like but at least they are trying to address the issue someway

I'd rather have longer que's if it meant getting some freakin' wins and a more balanced game. That's half the problem with PVP in SWTOR..its NOT balanced. At this rate it takes me 2 weeks to get the 9 wins.

I'm getting really tired of having to go 6 vs 8 with a **** ton of lag in warzones. It's just getting very frustrating since it keeps happening so often. I'm not very confident they will fix anything since they have "fixed" other pvp bugs, of course those bug persisted after their fix lol.

There is definitely an issue occurring where some Warzones are popping with uneven teams (such as 7 vs 8). We have a fix that we are currently targeting for 2.2.2 which should do well in reducing the number of occurrences of this happening. Note that this will not 100% get rid of the issue but it should help quite a bit.

This is rather shocking on a couple of levels.

Once I moved beyond entry level fast-food jobs into a more corporate world, there was never a time where I would be allowed to say "Yeah it's broken and we're working on implementing a fix that might patch it some of the time." I'd be fired (relieved since I'm military) after I received negative performance counseling.

Even scarier than the admission that whatever band-aid EA is going to apply (to this ONE problem) is the acknowledgement that you really don't know what's causing the issue.

Finally, this is a known issue. Much like the crafting bug. And by "known" I mean this has been going on for a much longer time than a paying customer should expect to tolerate. If Bioware is focusing development efforts into cartel packs then fine. (It would be financial suicide to admit as much). But don't expect customer loyalty when the better mousetrap comes out.

Hello Pistols,

We would like to investigate the phenomena that you're reporting here.

I want to reiterate for everyone that when you're reporting issues, we really need you to please be detailed and provide more than just what happened, please. For anyone who has experienced a Warzone that begins with 7 players on a team, and then the spot is never backfilled (which is what I am taking this report to exclusively mean), please provide the following information:

1. Warzone name

2. Faction (Was the other Faction the same or opposite?)

3. Approximately what time this occurred

4. Any other relevant details (for example, the match ended early because of 6 scores in Huttball)

Thanks for your reports!

1. Voidstar.

2. Imperial vs republic

3. Started 3:37 PM pst approx

4. The warzone duration ended because of the timer ran out. It was a lvl 55 warzone and on the harbinger server. This is the first I have seen this happen.

Edited by Scorpassailant
additional info

Too little, too late on the fix.

Already unsubbed and back to WoW for at least a month. If you guys show me you can do at least one big patch without completely breaking something PvP related I might come back.

Just so you can pass it on to that "combat team", PvP hasn't been "working as intended" since 2.0 has went live.

Does that even bother them, like at all?

LOL, so true. Bolster hasn't even been fixed completely and yet here we are, 4 months down the road from 2.0 launch and PVP is just as broken as ever.

It seems that pve and Cartel stuffs are more important than pvp, pvpers also pay for the game but BW doesn't care. If pve contents broke there is an emergency patch but if pvp ...... nothing Edited by hunsaylex