Idea: Pre-arranged Warzones and Arenas (With Comm/Valor farming disabled)

Lyer

An idea I stumbled across today:

Allow ops groups of exactly 8 or 16 to queue for PvP (Hear me out, ideas in place to prevent power-levelling or comm/valor grinding).

If it is an 8-person group, two groups of four will be pitted against each other in an unranked Arena game (4v4), remaining in the pre-arranged groups of four. No valor, rank, exp, credits, or comms will be awarded, nor will kills, medals, or wins be tallied while using the pre-arranged system.

If it is a 16-person group, two groups of eight will be pitted against each other in an unranked Warzone (8v8) that the ops group leader is prompted to select. Again, no valor, rank, exp, credits, or comms will be awarded, nor kills, medals or wins tallied.

This would provide guilds or groups a great resource for PvP practice, especially if there is a much more skilled guild dominating warzones to the point that nobody else is having any fun. It would allow for practicing coordination, teamwork, etc in a more controlled environment. A lot easier for practicing ranked team strategies without penalty.

Edited by Lyer

This idea makes me wonder what the Open PVP areas on Tattoine and Ilum are for.

They can help you learn how to counter other classes somewhat but they don't help you to develop tactics for specific warzones.

Great suggestion, OP.

Would be awesome to be able to organise 8v8s or 4v4s in such a way.

However it would be even better to pick map and modify other parameters too; similar to the way you can change server settings for an FPS or even how GW2 handles structured PvP.