PVP Brackets in Makeb

revial

Curious. How does this bolster work for 50-54 players who have a lot of expertise? Is everyone boosted to the same expertise levels (nullifying the stat)? Or does having PvP gear provide some sort of benefit?

That is the same question I asked Rob when they posted the proposed 2.0 build. I was concerned that geared 50's in the current system would ROFLSTOMP players without the gear and/or level. And judging by the experience points required to get to level 55, geared 50's will be in que for quite some time.

I am not sure if it was addressed after I posted my PTS findings, so I am seeing the single light and the ground shaking... So, I am buying some WH gear for some of my low levels as an insurance policy...

That is the same question I asked Rob when they posted the proposed 2.0 build. I was concerned that geared 50's in the current system would ROFLSTOMP players without the gear and/or level. And judging by the experience points required to get to level 55, geared 50's will be in que for quite some time.

I am not sure if it was addressed after I posted my PTS findings, so I am seeing the single light and the ground shaking... So, I am buying some WH gear for some of my low levels as an insurance policy...

Hmm. Well, my sniper has WH, so I will start with him I guess, then I will legacy ship the mods to my Gunslinger when done. :D Hey. That would probably work out for my scoundrel as well.

Edited by Technohic

Yes. The new Bolster will be present in all Brackets.

Ok so the bolster will be present that is good to know, How will it effect those who gear up or min/max?, Because Doing it Naked is just as effective in its current state. Can we please have some clarification on this as their is a lot of confusion.

30-54 bracket is going to be brutal. A very small part of me wants to just sit in that bracket and dominate.

Are F2P'ers going to be stuck at 50?

Or, with the new Bolster system, be DOMINATED.

The days of Gear-based Dominance over Fresh 50's is a thing of the past, and thankfully so! It should never have been that way.

Or, with the new Bolster system, be DOMINATED.

The days of Gear-based Dominance over Fresh 50's is a thing of the past, and thankfully so! It should never have been that way.

such a daft comment really, Its not like we get plenty of credits or xp to sit on the fleet and do warzones is there. There is no incentive whatsoever apart from when playing with friends or in rated and as that stands its not viable

Edited by stephenalandavie

How about some explanation on the lack of feedback response to Sorcs for 2.0 and the abysmal state it had been left in for PVP for 2.0? Please head to our class forums and communicate with your customers about a class that is very broken in PVP. We would love to hear some of the developers insight.

Communication is key. Never forget that.

"Cry Cry Cry Cry" "Sorc" "Sorc" "Sorc"

Whining is Key. Never forget that.

"Cry Cry Cry Cry" "Sorc" "Sorc" "Sorc"

Whining is Key. Never forget that.

I'm sorry that you have an issue with players looking for feedback about their classes concerns which were not discussed at all during the PTS. Please continue to make a fool of yourself on the forums though so you won't be allowed to post here anymore.

10-29, 30-54, 55 & 55 Ranked.

I've got a blog post coming up explaining in detail the reasoning behind these bracket changes for 2.0. Stay tuned! :jawa_biggrin:

So where is this blog post you speak of? And please, DO answer the question everyone has asked since the new bolster announcement; Will bolster reduce stats for those "overgeared" as well as increase those "undergeared"?

Then carry on explaining how you balanced this against incentive to get the gear to start with.

This should have been explained in details before anything went to PTS tbh, so we could offer feedback before anything was decided...

Edited by Twin

So where is this blog post you speak of? And please, DO answer the question everyone has asked since the new bolster announcement; Will bolster reduce stats for those "overgeared" as well as increase those "undergeared"?

Then carry on explaining how you balanced this against incentive to get the gear to start with.

This should have been explained in details before anything went to PTS tbh, so we could offer feedback before anything was decided...

agreed, having better stats w/o augmented WH gear was weird - and a bit unjustified

Curious. How does this bolster work for 50-54 players who have a lot of expertise? Is everyone boosted to the same expertise levels (nullifying the stat)? Or does having PvP gear provide some sort of benefit?

This is something I would like to know...

Ok so the bolster will be present that is good to know, How will it effect those who gear up or min/max?, Because Doing it Naked is just as effective in its current state. Can we please have some clarification on this as their is a lot of confusion.

Min/Maxing is done. Sure you can still do it....the question remains why would you. Would you really invest all those hours of min/maxing gear to get a 2% bonus on someone that came to the game naked?

Min/Maxing is done. Sure you can still do it....the question remains why would you. Would you really invest all those hours of min/maxing gear to get a 2% bonus on someone that came to the game naked?

In short, yes... I would. I could careless what other people are doing. It is my duty as a PvP participant to push my stats as high as they can go. While getting 2% would not dominate my life, it would be a long term goal.

But 2% is neither here nor there. No one really knows what the fallout is at this point. The new PVP gear has way more than 2% on WH gear and the whole "naked" bolster was not coded correctly from the start. It's irritating, but we just have to accept the "wait and see" mentality yet again. Hopefully since we are subjected to this again(**1.2cough;cough**, **1.3coughcough**,etc, etc), required changes to the system and/or brackets will take hours or days, instead of weeks, or months.

Edited by L-RANDLE

On the PTS I noticed that my WH and EWH had their expertise stat increased. As in the armorings had 39 aim 39 end and 68 expertise and mods and enhancements had 41 expertise I wonder if this will be true in 2.0 or if that was just for testing

How about some explanation on the lack of feedback response to Sorcs for 2.0 and the abysmal state it had been left in for PVP for 2.0? Please head to our class forums and communicate with your customers about a class that is very broken in PVP. We would love to hear some of the developers insight.

Communication is key. Never forget that.

And the abysmal state of all six trooper specs, and dps operatives, and non hybrid dps sins.

Please people stop acting like your one class is the only one that has problems

Wheres the 2% come from? the bolster system was bugged, Therefore we can't tell how much the bonus is really?. But it does seem to look that it won't be worth min maxing anyway. Or at least there wont be any rush to it. Its obvious what Bioware are doing they are trying to cater to the idiot's, Unless they replace the gear incentive with something worth while i don't see the point in pvping unless on the odd occasion with friends.

30-54 bracket is going to be brutal. A very small part of me wants to just sit in that bracket and dominate.

Are F2P'ers going to be stuck at 50?

This.

The 30-54 bracket will be horrible for players under 40 or maybe under 50, too...

The 50+ got all important talents ( the 31 talent maybe the most important ), nearly all of the skills and they have equip. What should a <50 do against a real 50 with that?

I think this bracket is some kind of nonsense. They just should have made 50-55 for the first weeks ( not for rated ) and then, when most people are 55 change it to 50-54 / 55. But 30-54 is a bit crazy.