"there is currently noactive subscription on this account"

Aclobat

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my friend : Evolyn ( there is currently no active subscription on this account.And he can't post anything here)

Also i can not do any subscription never accept my card details.

Edited by Jarq

I wrote his acc name cause he wanted to. these people with these problems cant post on the forums (that is also a part of the problem). So he asked me to post his name instead.

If he would be able to post, he would have done it and all could have seen his acc name.

He cant and so he asked me. I did it and the result is the same (but my acc name is now seen. Xyltin. everybody remember it. maybe you will be able to find me in the world with this)

I can guarantee you that the majority of gold selling spammers seen in game over the past 5-7 days were compromised accounts (aka stolen, hijacked, phished, etc), where the gold farmers already had access to those people's e-mail addresses from long ago. People don't change passwords very often, unfortunately, and the gold farmers just lay dormant, waiting for someone to join a new game and thereby hijack their account via their e-mail address.

(Yep, happened to me, 'tis how I know this is what they do...and why I'll never, ever make those mistakes again. Trojan from a gif got my hotmail password keylogged, two years later I started playing rift. Came home from work one day to find e-mails in my trash folder, in chinese. Used google translate to see what it said. "Your e-mail address has been successfully changed to etc, Your password has been successfully changed to etc. If it wasn't for the authenticator, they would have had my account entirely.)

Its posted because they cant post themselves.

The email adresses they gave arent used for anything but spam related stuff anyway.

They just want things resolved and would like to play a bit today :)

I realize they can't post. But, IMO, BW should put up a dedicated e-mail address for people to email their account names and e-mail addresses to. Not request people to post their account names and e-mail addresses on the open forums. It's just asking for trouble later on down the road for those people.

Edit: I know Stephen Reid did this during beta. Told people to email him their acct names for those who couldn't log in. That was the best way to do it. Though he would probably not want all those emails now, hence the reason for setting up a dedicated email address just for this current issue.

Edited by Nangasaur

Friend of mine wanted to post his problem more detailed so here it is:

Username: Gaaiz

I already completed the first 3 steps, and to complete i need to fill in either an credit card / paypal number or an game card. And I don't want to do that because first want to see how the game fits me!

It does say the following though:

You have 29 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current

But still i get the message after logging in:

There is currently no active subscription on this account. Activate your account here.

Im letting my friend post this because i cant post on the forum because i cant "activate" my account.

You HAVE to put in a credit card to activate the account entirely. Once that is all done, just go right back in and cancel the subscription and delete the payment method. Card doesn't get charged anyways.

You dont have to fill in a credit card to play, i know this because ive been playing for some time now without a card.

Same for some of my friends, credit cards arent that common here.

You have to put in a valid payment option, whether it's a credit card, paypal, or time card. I was using the CC as the example, since he said he only has a CC and no paypal. Edited by Nangasaur

I can guarantee you that the majority of gold selling spammers seen in game over the past 5-7 days were compromised accounts (aka stolen, hijacked, phished, etc), where the gold farmers already had access to those people's e-mail addresses from long ago. People don't change passwords very often, unfortunately, and the gold farmers just lay dormant, waiting for someone to join a new game and thereby hijack their account via their e-mail address.

(Yep, happened to me, 'tis how I know this is what they do...and why I'll never, ever make those mistakes again. Trojan from a gif got my hotmail password keylogged, two years later I started playing rift. Came home from work one day to find e-mails in my trash folder, in chinese. Used google translate to see what it said. "Your e-mail address has been successfully changed to etc, Your password has been successfully changed to etc. If it wasn't for the authenticator, they would have had my account entirely.)

That's why i only wrote the name and no address of me or my friend in my post. What the others do is their own business. Some are using spam accounts for such a purpose.

Posting for a friend

Username: Vovatoro

He bought the game on 20th and entered the registration code. Getting error no active subsription and he cant post on forums. The account shows everything is comelete except Subscribe (or redeem a game time code) and Set up security key (optional).

email: (email removed)

Edited by Ellvaan

To everyone posting in here that is receiving the message "there is currently no active subscription on this account", please make sure that you have completed all of the "Ready to Play" steps:

How can I ensure I am ready to play the Game at launch?

There will be a 48 hour ‘grace period’ for Early Game Access players post launch. Those players who are in Early Game Access will not be able to continue to play the Game after December 22nd, 2:00AM CST without completing the following required steps:

• Create a SWTOR account if you have not created one
  • Fill out your contact information
  • Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
  • Redeem an official Game Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)

If you are still having issues after following, please contact Customer Service.

Thank you!

Edited by JovethGonzalez