Denova Bug: Trash Respawns

Hello,

I just wanted to report what might be a bug. Tonight we were working on HM Kephess, and after two attempts, we zoned in and trash was back up. We noticed that we were in a new instance server and figured, ok we will just reclear. We did that, did about 4-5 more attempts (about an hour) and the trash respawned again. It looks like the trash resets every time we zone in and get a 'new' instance of Denova.

It wouldn't be so bad if there were some cool trash drops ;) Hint hint BW!

Anyway, hope this helps get it fixed!

~F

This happens when there are more than 1 server for Denova. If you search you will see Denova (1) and Denova (2). If you get moved from one to the other the trash respawns. It has happened to us every night we've done Denova since the server transfer. And it is getting super annoying. Please fix!

trash respawn should be tied to Ops ID, not instance. That said, in MMOs like WoW, they are on a timer. don't know exactly how long it is, 2 hours? After that, if you zone out, the trash will have respawned. BUT there, trash can drop loot. Edited by Fallerup

this is a known issue since launch, for all operations / flashpoints even ilum or the fleet...

When there are too many people in one zone, a second instance of the zone is created (or a third etc..) and the people that come in are zoned into the additional instance.

The system considers it as a soft reset and all the trash from the last boss killed respawn.

This happens the other way too, at the end of the evening when your group is in the second zone and other groups are leaving the first instance, in order to save ressources, everyone is sent back to the first instance if you re-enter it and trash will also respawn.

In order to avoid being zoned into the new instance after a wipe, you must keep your current id by having one person not release their corpse and stay in the current instance until at least another person re-enters the instance and anchors it.

Edited by Oggthebase

As someone already said, the bug is old, workaround is to never leave the instance with everyone at once, always have at least one inside (even if he is dead).

This is just one of the other things BW seems to not care at all, since there is a workaround for it, maybe they think it's ok.

I wonder if you reported that the bh comms chest were respawning the issue would get looked at faster ;)

They'd probably say the instancing system is working as intended, then just remove all loot drops and chests. Taa daa.

this is a known issue since launch, for all operations / flashpoints even ilum or the fleet...

When there are too many people in one zone, a second instance of the zone is created (or a third etc..) and the people that come in are zoned into the additional instance.

The system considers it as a soft reset and all the trash from the last boss killed respawn.

This happens the other way too, at the end of the evening when your group is in the second zone and other groups are leaving the first instance, in order to save ressources, everyone is sent back to the first instance if you re-enter it and trash will also respawn.

In order to avoid being zoned into the new instance after a wipe, you must keep your current id by having one person not release their corpse and stay in the current instance until at least another person re-enters the instance and anchors it.

You just saved my guild a lot of headachs. Next HM EC we will do this.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone, Amber recently posted this in another thread about this issue:

Hello everyone. We just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and are working to ensure a fix for an upcoming patch. Thanks a lot for your patience, and as always, we appreciate you reporting any problems both here and in-game via /bug.

We've got a fix for this on the way!

Last night in Karagga's Palace, half of the group stayed in the instance while the rest rezzed but the trash mobs between Jarg and Sorno and Foreman Crusher respawned anyway. I haven't seen this happen before last night, so I am wondering if something was messed up during the server downtime on Tuesday.

I had this (or a similar) bug tonight in EC Story. I (just me) died against some trash between toph and zorn and the tanks. I accidentally released outside. When I came back in, the trash had respawned in the mines. Turned out I was in instance 2 of Denova and the rest of my group was in instance 1. I could not switch to instance one. I got an error message saying "Instance depopulating. You may not travel there at this time." Even though all 7 of the rest of my group was in the instance 1.

EDIT: also, because I got swapped to instance 2 before we got to the black hole comms chest, I was unable to get the chest open.

Edited by powerisall
adding more info

• 2 weeks later...