How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

AllisonLightning

Longtime players might appreciate this, but longtime players continue to sub regardless, so their opinion is mostly irrelevant [sorry]. Casuals want content, and in general, they get it, it's just years old in most cases. I also think that some players may say they want this as long as it's a hypothetical, but if BW were to really say that the Spring Roadmap will be bug fixes and no content, most players would mutiny.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but if BW were to really say that the Spring Roadmap will be bug fixes and no content, most players would mutiny.

We've had years without bug fixes (unless they're CM related, occasionally pvp and operations also get something) and many months without any new kind of content time and again, so while people would be upset being told upfront about another content-free period, they'd probably also appreciate finally seeing bug fixes. I'm not sure it would even out, but it probably wouldn't upset everyone.

Lol, in 2012:

honestly, by now i'd rather pay for a comprehensive bug fix package than a raised level cap.

Bugs do impact everyday gaming experience, and having them constantly in your face is more annoying or even frustrating than not having new content. (experiencing which will also be affected by old bugs and, most likely, new ones.)

Yes I would pay for them to bug fix (properly), fix the desync problems in pvp and fix the gearing RNG so we can get the right gear for the right class. They would also need to allow mods and enhancments in the new gear to be gear slot unlocked.

That would keep me paying my subs for another 3 months. Especially the gearing part.

Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

Turn on Double XP, and just fix bugs in the months leading up to it.

We don't need a new Arena, we don't need anything new for months. Just please fix so much of the substantial stuff that's broken ever since QA went out the window during 5.x.

They could add a feature that allows players to find the bugs and apply a “med pack” to it to alert the Devs it needs fixing.

BANG.... we have 6 months more “content” to play ;)

Surely that was what the summer of PvP was for all non pvp players. Or the long periods where there was no content at all. Or the current state of the game where subscribers pay for a AAA service but get development mostly focused on the Cartel Market.

I have seen no evidence that by not adding content they have improved the state of the game. So any suggestion they should focus on bugs over content would likely be seen as a means to move the 2 of the 3 remaining devs to Anthem and see how long subscribers would go with the occasional bug fix.

This.

Better question is how long would you pay for bug fixes?

If they came out and said, hey we will focus on nothing but bug fixes for 1, 3 or 6 months straight and nothing new as far as content. Would you pay.

Also think about it that during said time they aren't even developing new content. Sure maybe planning but nothing being worked on but bugs. That means when they are done fixing 100% of the in-game bugs over the possible 6 months or longer time, it would probably be another 6 months to a year before new content came out.

Would you still pay a subscription during that time up to a possible one and a half years with zero new content?

Edited by Nightblazer

If they came out and said, hey we will focus on nothing but bug fixes for 1, 3 or 6 months straight and nothing new as far as content. Would you pay.

Also think about it that during said time they aren't even developing new content. Sure maybe planning but nothing being worked on but bugs. That means when they are done fixing 100% of the in-game bugs over the possible 6 months or longer time, it would probably be another 6 months to a year before new content came out.

Would you still pay a subscription during that time up to a possible one and a half years with zero new content?

I was thinking along the same lines and it's a good question.

3 months.

Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

Turn on Double XP, and just fix bugs in the months leading up to it.

We don't need a new Arena, we don't need anything new for months. Just please fix so much of the substantial stuff that's broken ever since QA went out the window during 5.x.

content brings people to a game, bug fixing does not. no way Bioware at this point could risk going through a bug fixing cycle with SWTOR, especially this point in time with Anthem around the corner.

If it is just left to bug fixing, Bioware might as well deliver the message that this game is in maintience mode and is no longer being worked on beyond the occasional bug stomping. At that point it wouldn't matter how much you paid them, this game will be down to a few hundred people playing by the time bioware got around to dealing with SWTOR, it will probably get shut down.

What i'd pay the developers for is to keep this game functional for 6.0, launch that and fix the bugs and then immediately begin a process of converting all multiplayer group activties into single player activties, increase the companions you can bring to those missions/operations/uprisings, balance it all out and remove PvP and GSF altogether. Readjust the gear and how to acquire it. After that put the single player SWTOR on the ea download server. even if the game is dead MP-wise, it will still exist as a single player game.

Three to four months and as far as content goes (no expansion for two years), as said- more irked they have wasted resources on gear tiers and the command system at large which is content we did not need nor ask for.

content brings people to a game, bug fixing does not. no way Bioware at this point could risk going through a bug fixing cycle with SWTOR, especially this point in time with Anthem around the corner.

If it is just left to bug fixing, Bioware might as well deliver the message that this game is in maintience mode and is no longer being worked on beyond the occasional bug stomping. At that point it wouldn't matter how much you paid them, this game will be down to a few hundred people playing by the time bioware got around to dealing with SWTOR, it will probably get shut down.

What i'd pay the developers for is to keep this game functional for 6.0, launch that and fix the bugs and then immediately begin a process of converting all multiplayer group activties into single player activties, increase the companions you can bring to those missions/operations/uprisings, balance it all out and remove PvP and GSF altogether. Readjust the gear and how to acquire it. After that put the single player SWTOR on the ea download server. even if the game is dead MP-wise, it will still exist as a single player game.

SWTOR is an MMO, raids are raids and no matter how much people stamp their feet, they cater to the crowd who need to pay their subs to do content as last I checked, you can do all story with a dropped subscription. And I like some of the story stuff but MMO content brings people to the games and functional multiplayer activities.

I'd cancel my subscription outright if they turned 6.0 into screwing over the endgame community.

This game is and always will.be an MMO. It will never be a single player. No matter how much people ask they will never remove the MMO aspect and make OPS soloable or remove GSF or PvP. It will never happen.

Edited by Nightblazer

Three to four months and as far as content goes (no expansion for two years), as said- more irked they have wasted resources on gear tiers and the command system at large which is content we did not need nor ask for.

SWTOR is an MMO, raids are raids and no matter how much people stamp their feet, they cater to the crowd who need to pay their subs to do content as last I checked, you can do all story with a dropped subscription. And I like some of the story stuff but MMO content brings people to the games and functional multiplayer activities.

I'd cancel my subscription outright if they turned 6.0 into screwing over the endgame community.

i'm thinking in terms of when the game is about to get shut down anyway, the best way to save it is by adjusting it so it can be played like KotOR. If this game was abandoned after shut down, it will be ignored and perhaps one day someone might setup an emulation service to get the game running again, of course EA might step in on that and stop them.

I'm just thinking longer term for this game, see once it is finished as an MMO, i'd rather see it converted to single player than disappear into obscurity never to be played again. it would seem such a waste.

This game is and always will.be an MMO. It will never be a single player. No matter how much people ask they will never remove the MMO aspect and make OPS soloable or remove GSF or PvP. It will never happen.

i've never changed my mind on the subject, i just want to the game to continue after Bioware is finished with it. once 6.0 is out the way and the game is done with anyway, anyone who wanted to play this game before would be able to now and at least experience the game in some shadow of its former self when it is converted.

I'd rather not see a game like SWTOR go to waste if there is still a chance it can be saved. so like i said it is something i wouldn't mind throwing money at.

Edited by Celise

It can and most likely will. Already it has started, there are no longer just PvP servers and while there are PvP instances how many use them? How many more threads do we need saying PvP is dead no pop's? and so on.

While BW may not spend money making the present Op's soloable, they may just remove them entirely, I certainly can see it when no more are been made. It almost at that point now. With what just 1 over how many years? Every new WZ map BW put out within a day there are complaints about it. There will come a time BW will just consider these aspects of the game a thing of the past. MMO, never meant what you thought it meant to begin with. It always meant sharing the same open world. It never meant must group as so many of you claim it does. That does not mean there are no MMO's where all must group, this one just never did as indeed so many others.

Exactly right!!! 3-6 months of no content even being worked on...followed by another 6 months of more nothing. A full year to fix SOME bugs...and what happens when someone doesn't get THEIR particular bug fixed?

It would be insane to do anything even remotely like this. Bioware can chew gum and walk at the same time...let them fix bugs AND produce new content.

Exactly right!!! 3-6 months of no content even being worked on...followed by another 6 months of more nothing. A full year to fix SOME bugs...and what happens when someone doesn't get THEIR particular bug fixed?

It would be insane to do anything even remotely like this. Bioware can chew gum and walk at the same time...let them fix bugs AND produce new content.

That gum is currently sticking to the bottom of your shoe.

Do you really want more content when we can't even reliably play through the content they just dropped on us because it's so buggy?

More buggy content pancaked on top of existing buggy content is worse than no content.

There are bugs that absolutely infuriate me because fixing them shouldn't be a big issue.

So I thought I put a character through Star Fortress heroics. Only to notice that THE LOOTTABLES ARE STILL NOT FIXED. Solomode drops loot, but veteran mode doesn't. You won't get decos, mods and whatnots. Nada. This is a bug that rarely gets mentioned, and I'm sure newer players won't pay attention to it because they don't know that veteran modes side bosses dropped nice stuff. I remember when they did, and I want it BACK.

So, last time I was subbed I wrote to Keith about this, and he was absolute darling and replied to me and told me how their bug fixing process goes. So I get it they are not looking at Odessen right now. But: Fixing a loot table is not a big job. No one can convince me that it is. I'm not a programmer, but I've been around gaming and modders from 2006. Loot table isn't a big deal to look at. It is also a big deal bug for a gamer when they have to deal with a broken loot table. So again, I decided to not run heroic Star Fortresses because why bother when you don't even get loot. For challenge? I can go and bang my head against a concrete wall, that is a challenge too, to see how long I can do it without fainting. I have done them all once for a challenge, that was enough. I want to have a reward too. Of course, companion disappearing in every elevator is there because bugs don't fix themselves.

This bug infuriates me so much. On top of that all other 100 bugs I have just learned to juggle with during these four years I've been playing, and on top of that the new ones from this update. It is a dumpster fire. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone having to fix that mess. I also want SWTOR get bigger team. I want to believe everyone is doing their best with the resources they have. But fix those damn loottables!

This all has also led me to get absolutely livid when players keep making new insane demands left and right. "Wouldn't it be good idea if..." and then comes some brainfart from delusion-land. No, it wouldn't be a good idea. What would be a good idea if this MESS would be cleaned out and we would have an actual working game in our hands. You know one where you don't have to go through loops all the time, like change instances or teleport to stronghold or put companion on passive in middle of fight just to get through dailies.

Edited by tahol

It is a dumpster fire. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone having to fix that mess. I also want SWTOR get bigger team. I want to believe everyone is doing their best with the resources they have. But fix those damn loottables!

I feel sorry for any dev unscrewing all of this well. Underpaid and overworked most likely, certainly frustrated and working under tremendous pressure and a deadline, and everyone's human, and with that much stress could be prone to yet more mistakes. A thankless task.

That gum is currently sticking to the bottom of your shoe.

Do you really want more content when we can't even reliably play through the content they just dropped on us because it's so buggy?

More buggy content pancaked on top of existing buggy content is worse than no content.

The current bugs will mostly be worked out in the coming weeks, we just had the expansion drop at a bad time of the year (again). They'll get most things working properly in time. And aside from the one Pub side quest and the grouping issue for the 2 WB's, I really haven't had much/any issue with bugs in this update. I know they exist, but they aren't bugs that have impacted me yet...so yes...I DO want more content...and much more content like they just dropped. I'm a HUGE fan of Ossus - reminds me of Oricon.

The current bugs will mostly be worked out in the coming weeks, we just had the expansion drop at a bad time of the year (again). They'll get most things working properly in time. And aside from the one Pub side quest and the grouping issue for the 2 WB's, I really haven't had much/any issue with bugs in this update. I know they exist, but they aren't bugs that have impacted me yet...so yes...I DO want more content...and much more content like they just dropped. I'm a HUGE fan of Ossus - reminds me of Oricon.

I want my face back, my water in my jedi foundtain back, my anniversary poster textures back, my ranged companion to bother fighting again, and a host of other things that have impacted me.

I want my face back, my water in my jedi foundtain back, my anniversary poster textures back, my ranged companion to bother fighting again, and a host of other things that have impacted me.

All understandable...I'm certain you'll get them back soon.

All understandable...I'm certain you'll get them back soon.

I want my weapon to not be stuck on my back during certain flashpoints. Weapons held in weird angles or missing after stabbing something. Light saber throw animation stuck. I want the companion to stay up with me while running around and be ready to engage enemy when I do. I want Huttball to not kil my sound effects after it ends. I want the Jindo Krey ship fixed. I'd like the many codex entries that are unobtainable fixed. The decos on Star Fortress fixed. The group loot bug. Players stuck in the lying on ground position or sitting in the air position. Missing crafting missions for companions. Instant companion death after quick travel. UI Bug fixed. My stuns miss sometimes now. Do I need accuracy for stuns? Missing Chance Cube reward. Guild chat bug that removes the cursor when you type and starts opening up windows.

I can go on and on and on. Will these all get fixed soon? They haven't been fixed in years. :(

I agree they "should" chew gum and walk at the same time but I don't think they have the resources anymore. AND, isn't 6.0 not due out until 4th Q this year? So basically we're pretty used to going months without new content.

Edited by Zerileth