Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

It is a war between powerbases, and the trillions of droids is Grievous' powerbase. Take away that then you may as well deprive G0-T0 of his HK-50's and Revan of his Dark Jedi.

I'm not saying he should have his army taken away just the HUGE numbers it has.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's one of the most powerful leaders of the Exchange, which was much more than just one planet. They were rivals with the Hutt Cartel. It wasn't some gang. It was THE Exchange, feared and respected throughout the galaxy. For proof look at Taris and Telos. Even Coruscant. He did not operate "just" out of Nar Shaddaa.

Yes he did, Nar Shadda was his powerbase. Thats where he operated from, there were several leaders of the Exchange one of which was G0-T0

"The Exchange maintained organized cells on various worlds of interest; each of those planetary cells was led by a single boss who ruled over Exchange interests on that world. Some Exchange bosses were Davik Kang, the crime lord of the planet Taris, Loppak Slusk of Telos IV, and Goto of Nar Shaddaa. "

In this, G0-T0 has just his powerbase which is Nar Shadda and he can't have help from the other Exchange bosses. The actual leader of the Exchange was just known as "The Compeer"

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well then, Did we miss anything pertaining to this Kaggath? Anyone have a wild and insane way Revan could win for me to shoot to peices :D?

I think the greatest tragedy of this series is that some really good contestants just meet that one opponent or situation that just perfectly counters them. Sadly I think this is just a bad situation for both Revan and GG.

I'm not saying he should have his army taken away just the HUGE numbers it has.

But that is his army. Numbers are all he has. He needs those droids, each and every one of them. Look at the Clone War. Even with the trillions, he wasn't able to completely eradicate the Republic. Though this can be contributed to the leadership of the Jedi, the skill and numbers of the clones, and Palpatine's involvement.

He needs those droids. We have had to deal with unfair advantages in past battles (Malachor for example). It just takes the right tools to overcome it. Take the next battle (Exar Kun vs. Traya vs. Xizor). Kun will overcome Malachor.

Yes but the Exchange is ran by different guys, not just 1 person. G0-T0 operates just on Nar Shadda, that is his power base which means he can't get help from any of the other Exchanges bosses.

That's true. BUT, G0-T0 was one of the most powerful Excahnge bosses. Which means he has access to its resources.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Visquis

Look at the first sentence under Biography. One of the MOST IMPORTANT.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Exchange

Read up on the Exchange, it was probably the most powerful or its time. And go to the G0-T0 sections, where it clearly states that he had influence over other worlds in the Republic. He was not confined to Nar Shaddaa.

That's true. BUT, G0-T0 was one of the most powerful Excahnge bosses. Which means he has access to its resources.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Visquis

Look at the first sentence under Biography. One of the MOST IMPORTANT.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Exchange

Read up on the Exchange, it was probably the most powerful or its time. And go to the G0-T0 sections, where it clearly states that he had influence over other worlds in the Republic. He was not confined to Nar Shaddaa.

I never said G0-T0 was confined to Nar Shadda, just stating that is where his main power is. If that gets taken away from him, then he is lost a huge chunk of power.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well then, Did we miss anything pertaining to this Kaggath? Anyone have a wild and insane way Revan could win for me to shoot to peices :D?

I think the greatest tragedy of this series is that some really good contestants just meet that one opponent or situation that just perfectly counters them. Sadly I think this is just a bad situation for both Revan and GG.

Hey now! I'll demolish any support for Revan (probably in a less classy way) too! :D

Unfortunately, you are right. Poor Revan came up against Traya. Malgus couldn't overcome Xizor. Exar Kun easily dispatched Naga Sadow. I think we all knew such match-ups would happen eventually, but it is sad to see. :(

Yes he did, Nar Shadda was his powerbase. Thats where he operated from, there were several leaders of the Exchange one of which was G0-T0

"The Exchange maintained organized cells on various worlds of interest; each of those planetary cells was led by a single boss who ruled over Exchange interests on that world. Some Exchange bosses were Davik Kang, the crime lord of the planet Taris, Loppak Slusk of Telos IV, and Goto of Nar Shaddaa. "

In this, G0-T0 has just his powerbase which is Nar Shadda and he can't have help from the other Exchange bosses. The actual leader of the Exchange was just known as "The Compeer"

I understand this. Hence why G0-T0 doesn't have Davik Kung. But that doesn't mean he can't draw on the Exchange, as a whole, and its resources. He's a very important leader in the organization, he can obvioucly draw from its funds.

By your logic, that's like saying Grievous doesn't have the CIS. Just the droid army, and no planets or infastructure. In a Kaggath, a full out war, G0-T0 would be able to draw credits from the Exchange, his organization.

I understand this. Hence why G0-T0 doesn't have Davik Kung. But that doesn't mean he can't draw on the Exchange, as a whole, and its resources. He's a very important leader in the organization, he can obvioucly draw from its funds.

By your logic, that's like saying Grievous doesn't have the CIS. Just the droid army, and no planets or infastructure. In a Kaggath, a full out war, G0-T0 would be able to draw credits from the Exchange, his organization.

That would mean, he would be drawing indirectly from the other bosses of the Exchange who aren't involved in the battle. Now I dunno if that is allowed, but it is actually getting help from the other bosses though not in a direct way.

Hey now! I'll demolish any support for Revan (probably in a less classy way) too! :D

Unfortunately, you are right. Poor Revan came up against Traya. Malgus couldn't overcome Xizor. Exar Kun easily dispatched Naga Sadow. I think we all knew such match-ups would happen eventually, but it is sad to see. :(

The Sadow vs Kun thread... I know I voted for Kun, but every time I read another reason Sadow would lose I died a little on the inside.

I never said G0-T0 was confined to Nar Shadda, just stating that is where his main power is. If that gets taken away from him, then he is lost a huge chunk of power.

I would agree, but you're missing the point. The Exchange doesn't need to make money. They already have it. G0-T0 already has it. All G0-T0 needs to win he already has. And he can maintain it with Credits he already has. Losing Nar Shddaaa would not kill any of his "troops". G0-T0's power would only be prevented from rising if he lost Nar Shaddaa. But he already has all the tools he needs.

Besides, this would never happen anyways. Good luck attacking Nar Shaddaa, it's just not gonna end well for the aggresors.

I would agree, but you're missing the point. The Exchange doesn't need to make money. They already have it. G0-T0 already has it. All G0-T0 needs to win he already has. And he can maintain it with Credits he already has. Losing Nar Shddaaa would not kill any of his "troops". G0-T0's power would only be prevented from rising if he lost Nar Shaddaa. But he already has all the tools he needs.

Besides, this would never happen anyways. Good luck attacking Nar Shaddaa, it's just not gonna end well for the aggresors.

Yes it has money, but again....G0-T0 can only use his powerbase according to the rules. Which is Nar Shadda, which means he wouldn't be able to draw on the other credits or resources of the Exchange as a whole because that means he would be indirectly taking things from the other Exchange bosses to help him. Beni needs to clarify if that is allowed or not, if it is thats fine but if not then all G0-T0 has is what he has on Nar Shadda.

This might be different if G0-T0 was the actual Exchange leader because then he'd have access to the entire powerbase and resources...but he isn't.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The Sadow vs Kun thread... I know I voted for Kun, but every time I read another reason Sadow would lose I died a little on the inside.

I know. :( I had originally hoped Sadow would win, but he got put up against Exar Kun. Really, Naga Sadow would have beaten anyone of these guys except Kun and possibly Traya.

Yes it has money, but again....G0-T0 can only use his powerbase according to the rules. Which is Nar Shadda, which means he wouldn't be able to draw on the other credits of resources of the Exchange as a whole because that means he would be indirectly taking things from the other Exchange bosses to help him. Beni needs to clarify if that is allowed or not, if it is thats fine but if not then all G0-T0 has is what he has on Nar Shadda.

That would be like saying Grievous was indirectly getting help from every single one of his planets. Same with Revan. They can draw on resoucres from their organizations, why can't G0-T0?

"All G0-T0 has is what he has on Nar Shaddaa". Credits are able to be moved. Assassins and bounty hunters are able to be moved. G0-T0 is able to be moved. G0-T0 could simply pick up and leave Nar Shaddaa, by his own choice, and start up a criminal organization on anotherplanet, left unclaimed by underworld people who no longer exist. Everything he has is mobile. Also, he's a master of business. Destroy Nar Shaddaa and he will have a new source of "main income" within the week.

Hey I have a crazy question here. G0-T0 always presented himself as a human in holograms (ie Goto) so would the basic information his opponents get about him suggest he was human? That might make a difference in the way certain opponents think when facing him. Edited by StarSquirrel

Hey I have a crazy question here. G0-T0 always presented himself as a human in holograms (ie Goto) so would the basic information his opponents get about him suggest he was human? That might make a difference in the way certain opponents think when facing him.

This is how it SHOULD be, but no, they know he's a droid. I have no idea why, or who told them that, but oh well.

That would be like saying Grievous was indirectly getting help from every single one of his planets. Same with Revan. They can draw on resoucres from their organizations, why can't G0-T0?

"All G0-T0 has is what he has on Nar Shaddaa". Credits are able to be moved. Assassins and bounty hunters are able to be moved. G0-T0 is able to be moved. G0-T0 could simply pick up and leave Nar Shaddaa, by his own choice, and start up a criminal organization on anotherplanet, left unclaimed by underworld people who no longer exist. Everything he has is mobile. Also, he's a master of business. Destroy Nar Shaddaa and he will have a new source of "main income" within the week.

The reason why GG and Revan can, is because they are the leaders of their organizations. G0-T0 is just 1 leader out of several leading an organization. Yes all of the things can be moved, but all of this takes time which what G0-T0 won't have if he is found, Revan could use Interdictors to stop G0-T0's ship from going anywhere when he arrives at Nar Shadda and leaving him a sitting duck.

Plus Beni needs to clarify, its probably against the rules if a combatant can just leave and set up somewhere else. I would take a guess, if said combatant leaves their powerbase that constitutes as a loss. Otherwise a lot of these guys, could just go skipping around the galaxy.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The reason why GG and Revan can, is because they are the leaders of their organizations. G0-T0 is just 1 leader out of several leading an organization. Yes all of the things can be moved, but all of this takes time which what G0-T0 won't have if he is found, Revan could use Interdictors to stop G0-T0's ship from going anywhere when he arrives at Nar Shadda and leaving him a sitting duck.

GG is not the leader of the CIS. He's the leader of the Seperatist Army. So why does he get the support of the CIS?

This argument has become redundant.

G0-T0 will have plenty of time. And it doesn't take much to transfer your credits off-world, fly away in your already-stealthed ships and take you bounty hunters, who are used to being on the move, with you.

Since when does Revan have Interdictors?

Even if Revan does have those (I doubt that.... evidence?) G0-T0 will not be a sitting duck. Good luck finding a stealthed ship before the entire underworld rips your fleet apart.

Plus Beni needs to clarify, its probably against the rules if a combatant can just leave and set up somewhere else. I would take a guess, if said combatant leaves their powerbase that constitutes as a loss. Otherwise a lot of these guys, could just go skipping around the galaxy.

Nar Shaddaa is not G0-T0's powerbase. His assassins, HK-50s, and the Exchange are. By leaving Nar Shaddaa he is leaving his HQ, not his powerbase. And you only lose if you die. And people have skipped around the galaxy before (Mandalore).

Lets meet in the middle here, G0-T0 and his credits get out of Nar Shadda. They're easy and fast enough to move to escape Revan and Grievous's mobilizing their forces to wipe out Nar Shadda. Now, he has lost the mercs and exchange leaders under his direct control but he still has HK-50's and a pile of credits. For him, thats enough to win this fight.

Lets meet in the middle here, G0-T0 and his credits get out of Nar Shadda. They're easy and fast enough to move to escape Revan and Grievous's mobilizing their forces to wipe out Nar Shadda. Now, he has lost the mercs and exchange leaders under his direct control but he still has HK-50's and a pile of credits. For him, thats enough to win this fight.

If that did happen, it would only strengthen G0-T0 because the criminal faction would want to ally with him to defeat whoever destroyed Nar Shaddaa.

G0-T0 will only gain power if Nar Shaddaa is destroyed.

Depending on how long the war between revan and GG drag on( I would guess it be over 10 years easily) revan could develop a way to best handle the droid army considering this passage from wookie

" Revan was a skilled mechanic. According to Kreia, the first of his Jedi Masters, Revan exhibited a natural talent and interest in machinery, particularly droids. While Kreia held a great deal of pride for her Padawan's unique abilities with the Force, she was nevertheless confounded by great Revan's preference of droids"

thus turning the war in his favor against GG

(look at WWII the nuke was created,single handle change the way war is fought)

tho my ultimate concision is that revan> defeats GG , the victory is still G0-T0 due to the fact he just has to wait till one side defeats the other then capitalizing while the other is weak.

GG is not the leader of the CIS. He's the leader of the Seperatist Army. So why does he get the support of the CIS?

This argument has become redundant.

G0-T0 will have plenty of time. And it doesn't take much to transfer your credits off-world, fly away in your already-stealthed ships and take you bounty hunters, who are used to being on the move, with you.

Since when does Revan have Interdictors?

Even if Revan does have those (I doubt that.... evidence?) G0-T0 will not be a sitting duck. Good luck finding a stealthed ship before the entire underworld rips your fleet apart.

GG isn't getting support of the CIS, he just has the droid army thats what it states. I probably shouldn't have used the word powerbase, more like main income traffic and resources is where I should have made clear so for that I apologize.

Also

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Interdictor-class_cruiser

"The Interdictor-class cruisers were built at Corellian shipyards, though many more would be constructed by the Star Forge to fuel the growing warfleet of the Sith Lord Darth Revan."

Ignore the Star Forge bit, don't think Revan has it but regardless can use the Corellian shipyards to make em. Am I saying G0-T0 loses? No...but he has just much of a chance to as anyone, but the main fight here will be against GG and Revan given they both have standing fleets and armies.

Anyway am done for the night, its late here so cya all in a few hours.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Depending on how long the war between revan and GG drag on( I would guess it be over 10 years easily) ...

Hello, you must be new here. I'm Starsquirrel your friendly local reality-checker. (you're totally right about G0-T0)

Grievous can wage a million wars at once in several sectors and STILL have a fleet large enough to challenge Revan's main force. The numbers suggest AT MOST Revan could last a year. Likely it'll be a few months before the final battle when G0-T0 springs his ambush.

thanks for you input :cool:

Edit: yeah I understand the whole special weapons against droids thing but the clones couldn't do it and Revan has less time than they did. Plus, no superweapons.

Disclaimer: dude, I mean no offence by this, just having some fun with you. Yeah Grievous just has that many numbers and in Star Wars mobilizing an army and fighting take far less time than in RL.

Edited by StarSquirrel