Two Kaon hm questions

First question:

When fighting the Behemoth, do you kite him to the barrels and click immediately or wait until he frenzys, then click on the barrels? I have seen people argue both ways. My best results are to click as soon as he is close and dps, then during frenzy tank kites him and we all run to next barrel.

Some tanks want to hold him at the barrel until he frenzys then click the barrel.

Second question:

What is the preferred order for fighting the final bosses and why? I have seen people want to do it every way possible.

It's funny, I've fought the Behemoth both ways. Don't know which is better because he dies either way. :)

As far as the final bosses, here's the reasoning I use:

The commander goes first because the others are immune to taunts until he's dead

Glargh does a pinning attack taking some out of commission for a few secs at a time so he's next.

Edited by Khevar

The Behemoth is almost immune to damage while his defense buff is up, so I prefer to be waiting at a barrel to remove that as soon as possible. I don't care about his offense buff.

For the trio at the end, I don't much care about the order. Just so long as the group agrees.

Unless you're woefully undergeared, you can zerg both these fights without much strategy at all. Knocking the defense buff off is important, as CitizenFry says. I disagree that the offensive buff can be ignored though. I mean, if I'm on my main and I have my pocket healer with me, yeah, I can ignore the offensive buff. However, unless you have a pretty seriously overgeared tank and healer, that buff is going to hurt a lot.

We always kite him to the barrels and hold him until he frenzies, pop the barrel, and take out his defensive buff. If he's not at a barrel, then we're in the process of moving him to one.

For final boss we take out the commander first, then the big guy, then the small. Reasoning being take out the middle guy, so the tank can taunt the others and actually tank, otherwise agro is every where and everyone gets hurt and it defeats the point of having a tank. Big guy is second because his pin is annoying, and the smaller guy last because he's pretty much so pointless I know nothing of what he even does.

The second and third guy though could be done any way you want, the pin I hardly find deadly, just annoying. But the commander has to go first, otherwise there's no point to bringing a tank and damage (sure it's not crazy high damage) goes everywhere. Literally the only times I've had any issues with that boss is when my group decides to ignore the commander and make the tank a pathetic DPS.

Every time I've done Kaon, we've just kited Behemoth to the barrel and blown it up right away. We DPS him down while we're going between barrels, which is a little annoying since my rotation requires me to stand still. I'm usually last on DPS for that specific fight.

As for the final, it's always the Commander first. Always. If the tank can't taunt, we're all gonna get hurt, increasing our risk of death and making the healers job that much harder. After the commander's down, we just go for whoever the tank attacks first.

I always wait for the def buff to be up before popping a barrel and then i will kite him while he is frenzy... majority of the time get him with 2 barrels and only having to kite twice...people popping barrels early leads to more kitting and less dps done usually.

For the trio usually kill the small guy first (his channel attack does the most dps), then the big guy, then the boss... I will be honest and state that i was unaware that killing the boss makes the second two tauntable, but either way the other two do follow an agro table and i am usually able to keep them on me 80% of the time using high threat attacks.

from a guardian tank pov-

behemoth - ive done it both ways, and i think waiting till he frenzies is more efficient. that does not mean you cant blow the tanks up when he is not, just that it takes a bit longer. in a group with really good dps, it doesnt matter so much.

last boss-

ive done it all the ways possible, and i think the best way that ive found is:

tank taunts mid, helps dps and down the pin guy first (right), then mid, then left. this is for all the reasons stated. mid is the only one tauntable while mid is alive. big pin guy (right) must go down first because he pins, and causes downtime, if its a healer that gets pinned, that's not a good thing, not always the end of the world, but really puts pressure on the group as a whole, esp if they arent well geared. once the big pin guy is down, it almost doesn't really matter who is next. middle guy just needs to be always taunted, otherwise he range r4pes the healer. if mid goes down, then left is tauntable. i think either way, big guy (pinner) has to go down first. the last two can be done either way, it doesnt seem to matter.

Behemoth: In my experience, blowing up the tanks does absolutely nothing unless he's enraged, so there's no point in blowing them unless he's enraged. Moving him constantly, even when he's not enraged, also creates problems for a lot of DPS so I generally find it easier just to camp him next to the barrel until it's time to kite.

Rakghoul Trio: The kill order I always tell people is the big guy, the small guy, and lastly the commander. The big guy dies first because of the pin which, in a group that isn't overgeared, is likely to cause a wipe if it's on a healer. The small guy dies next because, as a tank, I've got threat on the commander anyways so it doesn't matter which one we kill (the little guy is gonna have random threat regardless) and the little guy has lower hp. I can see the logic behind killing the commander first to force the other 2 onto aggro tables, but I find the pin to be more annoying than random threat.

Speaking as a healer(Operative), unless you are way, way, way undergeared, the end fight is so boring(read:easy) to heal that the biggest danger is that I get distracted by something shiny and stop healing completely. The trash in Kaon is far and away the most difficult part of the instance. (Well, the bonus boss is a pretty good gear check and moron check, but no one ever wants to do the bonus boss anyway.) But seriously, the end fight is the easiest fight in the whole instance. All three of those guys hit like kittens.

First question:

When fighting the Behemoth, do you kite him to the barrels and click immediately or wait until he frenzys, then click on the barrels? I have seen people argue both ways. My best results are to click as soon as he is close and dps, then during frenzy tank kites him and we all run to next barrel.

Some tanks want to hold him at the barrel until he frenzys then click the barrel.

Second question:

What is the preferred order for fighting the final bosses and why? I have seen people want to do it every way possible.

This is kind of interesting because it can go either way on both fights. I have tanked KuS many times and almost every time for the Behemoth, I just pull him to the barrels, blow em up, and DPS him on our way to the next one. Based on this, it isn't exactly necessary to wait until he frenzies because I have hardly ever done it that way.

As for the last fight, based on what everyone has said, I'm sure a lot will disagree with me. However, I have never once taken out the Commander first. I know that the tank can't taunt the other two while the main boss is up, but the big problem tends to be with the big guy that has the pin move. Every time I have tanked Kaon, which had been many times, we take out the big dude first, the smaller guy second and the main boss last. The only reason I like it this way is because when the healer gets pinned, its bad for everyone. Very rarely have I been in a group where we couldn't DPS the other two quick enough and the healer couldn't keep up. In fact, I never have. Keep in mind, though, all of this on the last fight is most likely situational. If you don't have a semi-decent healer and semi-decent DPS, then you might want to take out the Commander first.