Bounty contracs week - Do you ever listen to our feedback on PTS?!

tman_ac

I am just curious, everyone who tested (including me) the Event on the PTS told you to place more shady customers on the planets and/or lower the cooldown on them to something like 5 seconds.

Everyone with a common sense should have see it coming that on the live servers it is hardly possible to get them.

If you never listen to your players I do not see why I should still test patches on the PTS. Makes no sense.

my2pence

Edited by tman_ac

Well to be fair, they did change some things on the PTS due to our feedback

1) Failure rate on the shady character is alot lower than on the initial version on the PTS.

2) They made it so Completed Bounty Contacts are tradeable but at same time reduced the unlocking reward from purple rep to blue rep

But yes, the Shady characters could use a short respawn cooldown.

Also, it would be very nice if the bosses became immune to damage at 10% for like 5 seconds to prevent other players killing your mark when you want to capture it.

It happened to me a few times today, guess it was my fault for going to low level planets first, but it was still pretty annoying.

Well I have been looking forward to this event and it is totally messed up!!! I'm so pissed at how poorly this and the new daily sections have been implemented that I don't want to give the devs anymore money, and I have always said that I will sub for life, not after this horrible design!! Thanks for ruining 2 new events devs!

Ok honestly I really like the concept behind the event. So what you did well was allow choices for our characters between light and dark side and kill/capture with fight/inebriate. The story behind the bounties are good too. I like the boss fights and the was fun revisiting some older planets.

However as mentioned the shady customers need to be rethought. 5 instances areas around the planet would be much better and help us keep our sanity. If you prefer to try and generate open pvp then just put three times the number of shady customers per area and add more shady customer areas while lowering the spawn time. Bosses need to be instanced as well, these are going to be a huge problem during prime time.

These changes would actually make people likely to play more instead of being frustrated and allow us to enjoy the event.

I would also suggest a similar concept for the dessler explorer, make it instanced with a large ops group needed and a hard fight with a once per week limit (so more like the red sphere) ala dreadtooth 5 stacks.

Anyway love the game, not going anywhere, but will be happier with changes like these and more likely to actually partake in the event with a change like this.

Also, it would be very nice if the bosses became immune to damage at 10% for like 5 seconds to prevent other players killing your mark when you want to capture it.

It happened to me a few times today, guess it was my fault for going to low level planets first, but it was still pretty annoying.

Good suggestion - just a shield that comes on for a few seconds.

Just another retarded implemention. I think they actualy try to come up with ways so we have to grind for ages, just to gain a little. WAAAAYYYY, to many players as to shady people. I have interacted with 1 now, and of course i didnt get it. God forbid something should drop right away, so we shouldn't grind for hours.

The re-spawn timer on these shady characters is ridiculously short and there are groups of 15 players waiting to claim just one of them. And there's only 3 of them in an instance...?!? At least the other events you could finish....this one was poorly thought out. Bioware should really listen to the people on the PTS as this was a problem then.

While I agree with Dulfy they did make some changes they also didn't listen to most.

PTS as someone stated before has always been a "What's broken" and most of it's still going to move forward AS-IS no matter how much feedback we provide.

Kind of why I've slowed my level of support of PTS feedback. It never went anywhere.

I have done four different planets on four different characters:

Ord Mantel, took less than 10 mins to get all the Shady Characters.

Voss, took less than 2 mins to get all the Shady Characters.

Alderaan, took less than 2 mins to get all the Shady Characters.

DK, took less than 2 mins to get all the Shady Characters.

I don't see a problem.

That's just to funny:

Patch Notes:

Bounty Contract Week

• An issue affecting the spawn rate of Shady Characters has been corrected. The respawn rate of Shady Characters has been increased significantly.
  • The “information” count required to advance Bounty Contract missions has been reduced to 4 (from 5).

Actually I don't know why they haven't done this before the event started. At least they are listening now. :rolleyes:

I don't see a problem.

ill be honest, im with you on that one mate, longest amount of time i've spent looking for and gathering my information for henchmen has been about 10 to 12 mins, and thats over 9 characters twice over.

and to the guy who said there are only 3 per instance, really wrong there mate, dk alone has 12 that i know of, with a soon to be faster respawn time

While I agree that this was poorly made I didn't have any problems with getting my bounties. There are more then 3 in an instance. I've tried Ord Mantell,Tatooine, Nar Shadaa and Voss. The only places that are overcrowded are probably the starter planets.

I don't see a problem.

I'm going to have to agree with you really.

So over the two days (not including today) the event has been running I've run 11 bounties. Only Hutta caused me any kind of "real delay" as I was there about 15-20 minutes collecting the information, and even then I suddenly noticed there were some shady characters outside of the cantina which nobody was camping - so could have completed a lot sooner.

I haven't really had a problem either. I've done this event for two days in a row now on 15 characters each day. I've already unlocked 6 kingpin contracts and even leveled my two lower level toons. Day one I went to Hutta and that was a nightmare, but when I discovered it didn't matter WHAT planet you went to, the 'boss' spawn was random, I even finished my 'boss-dead/alive' for each one and got all that. Once I open all the kingpin contracts, that will be the only thing I have left to do take them in and kill them on the spot.

Though I DO agree with the others. The next event you guys decide to do, it would be great if there is an instance for the items. Whether it's group based or soloable by anyone, instancing the events make it where more players want to do the events because they don't have to fight with 200 other players doing the exact same event.

A major example would be the Chevon event. People were grabbing boxes left and right, making it almost impossible to finish it because you couldn't get the tokens needed or the required number of boxes needed to finish the quest.

Keep the events coming, bioware! Just rethink how you do them.

Edited by Eanelinea

I am just curious, everyone who tested (including me) the Event on the PTS told you to place more shady customers on the planets and/or lower the cooldown on them to something like 5 seconds.

Everyone with a common sense should have see it coming that on the live servers it is hardly possible to get them.

If you never listen to your players I do not see why I should still test patches on the PTS. Makes no sense.

my2pence

This is why they should never jump to follow up on player complaints.

There is no problem with the spawns, or the event. There is a problem with the players in that far too many are going to hutta, overloading the place, cutting each other's throats, then complaining about the event.

Almost all of the other planets are almost empty. I'm finishing mine in about 10 mins per character.

Because it was, and still is, not necessary.

You have to realize that this Event is as well meant to be for low levels. And the shady contact stays level 15 no matter if you are lvl 15, 30 or 55. What I have seen is when the shady doesnt give out the info on a nice way and wants to fight you, a lvl 55 can just "steal" it from the lvl 15 guy cause he oneshots it. So that dropped info is for the 55 who actually did not interact with it.

And according to these thoughts, it is just normal that places like Hutta, Ord Mantell, Dromund Kaas and Coruscant have a more heavy load than the others cause low levels can only access these contracts.

Hope you get what I mean.

So a event that was already easy just got easier? Awesome. Thanks for the tears.

If you define the difficulty of an event by who can click faster to interact with a NPC, then yes - the difficulty has decreased.

As I do not define it in that way the difficulty stayed the same whereas the time you have to invest (gladly) decreased.