1.3 Surprise or really "lean"

pogmahone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the QA on Friday I have been thinking, are they really keeping it "lean" or is there something that is being kept under wraps? Obviously I hope for a surprise.

Considering that the 1.2 patch that they touted as "the mother of all patches" did not add much...

I would expect 1.3 to be very lean.

From the leaked info on torhead.com, 1.3 seems to mostly be about adding more legacy features, a new flashpoint, a new daily area, (nightmare EC maybe), and HK51 companion. There might be more but idk. 1.4 and 1.5 note new operations and major changes.

From the leaked info on torhead.com, 1.3 seems to mostly be about adding more legacy features, a new flashpoint, a new daily area, (nightmare EC maybe), and HK51 companion. There might be more but idk. 1.4 and 1.5 note new operations and major changes.

Looks like a reasonable expectation. Stuff like 1.1 and 1.2 are just game updates after all. Lets just hope they take their time with the bug testing.

Considering that the 1.2 patch that they touted as "the mother of all patches" did not add much...

I would expect 1.3 to be very lean.

I'm curious if this is sarcasm or not? I've played MMOs a long time, and perhaps my memory is failing me after all this time, but I don't remember a patch in any MMO that changed as much as 1.2. Let me list the features that I personally noticed were added in 1.2.

1.2 added:

- A New warzone

- Some PVP stat tracking including total number of wins

- Same-faction vs same-faction version of voidstar

- Stat re-balancing including expertise diminishing returns re-balancing

- A new world boss that's challenging to raid guilds.

- A new 4-boss raid with 2 difficulty settings that's very finely tuned to be a challenge to raid guilds.

- New loot for nightmare mode Karagga's Palace

- The customizable built-in user interface which is my favorite of any MMO

- A new exciting live-event complete with new voice-over, cut scenes, social gear, vanity pets, level 50 "infected" versions of old world-bosses, dailys and great world-building design

- At least 3 new armor sets for every class

- Two of the new armor sets per class have swappable set-piece bonuses (a new tech I haven't seen in an MMO)

- The ability to remove all armoring mods from all end-game sets

- An expansion of the Orange augmented moddable quality gear sets, along with giving crafters a place in end-game itemization

- New dailys on corellia including heroic dailys

- Tons of bug and exploit fixes.

- Class balance fixes. Nerfs to all the most powerful builds and buffs to the weakest ones. Healing re-balanced.

- A new quest for a vanity pet bird and everyone got a pet in the mail.

- Training dummies Combat Logging that is self-only to help you compare your builds.

- Mailing to alts, even accross faction

- New vehicle rewards for "achivement style" quests.

- New credit-sinks in the form of Legacy unlocks - amenities on your ship, race unlocks, ect...

- Guild banks

- New rewards for fleet comms like new tier-8 crafting materials

- Engine optimization. Remember when opening your inventory/char sheet lagged you for a full second? Not anymore!

- Sprint at level 1 to make alt leveling faster

EDIT cuz' I forgot: - A new flashpoint with two difficulty settings

Those are the things I can personally remember. If anyone, anywhere, is aware of any patch for any MMO that added more than that, please go ahead and post here. I know of paid-expansions that have added more, but I have never seen a quarterly patch add so much.

Edited by Suzina

I

- Two of the new armor sets per class have swappable set-piece bonuses (a new tech I haven't seen in an MMO)

I just drop by to answer this (many stuff I want to answer, but I'm not in the mood for a wall of text) :

No. They use "appearance/vanity slots". Far more easy to use. Far more useful. Far more skins available for a better customization. But you're probably right. I've never seen this.

I'm curious if this is sarcasm or not? I've played MMOs a long time, and perhaps my memory is failing me after all this time, but I don't remember a patch in any MMO that changed as much as 1.2. Let me list the features that I personally noticed were added in 1.2.

1.2 added:

- A New warzone

- Some PVP stat tracking including total number of wins

- Same-faction vs same-faction version of voidstar

- Stat re-balancing including expertise diminishing returns re-balancing

- A new world boss that's challenging to raid guilds.

- A new 4-boss raid with 2 difficulty settings that's very finely tuned to be a challenge to raid guilds.

- New loot for nightmare mode Karagga's Palace

- The customizable built-in user interface which is my favorite of any MMO

- A new exciting live-event complete with new voice-over, cut scenes, social gear, vanity pets, level 50 "infected" versions of old world-bosses, dailys and great world-building design

- At least 3 new armor sets for every class

- The ability to remove all armoring mods from all end-game sets

- An expansion of the Orange augmented moddable quality gear sets, along with giving crafters a place in end-game itemization

- New dailys on corellia including heroic dailys

- Tons of bug and exploit fixes.

- Class balance fixes. Nerfs to all the most powerful builds and buffs to the weakest ones. Healing re-balanced.

- A new quest for a vanity pet bird and everyone got a pet in the mail.

- Training dummies Combat Logging that is self-only to help you compare your builds.

- Mailing to alts, even accross faction

- New vehicle rewards for "achivement style" quests.

- New credit-sinks in the form of Legacy unlocks - amenities on your ship, race unlocks, ect...

- Guild banks

- New rewards for fleet comms like new tier-8 crafting materials

- Engine optimization. Remember when opening your inventory/char sheet lagged you for a full second? Not anymore!

- Sprint at level 1 to make alt leveling faster

EDIT cuz' I forgot: - A new flashpoint with two difficulty settings

Those are the things I can personally remember. If anyone, anywhere, is aware of any patch for any MMO that added more than that, please go ahead and post here. I know of paid-expansions that have added more, but I have never seen a quarterly patch add so much.

They delivered content for pve, rp and pvp...but as you can see, they did not add content for the kind of players that are never satisfied with anything no matter what:)

I believe that torheads leak on what is going to be in 1.3 is outdate. That there was a lot of legacy features that didn't make 1.2, plus Warzones didn't make 1.2. These items along with the LFG tool that is needed in the game I believe will make up the bulk of 1.3. If they are going to release it in May - which I really hope, but not counting on then I don't believe there will be any new operations, flashpoints or new dailies.

It is going to be lean and like someone said it is 1.2 part 2 more than 1.3

I would expect 1.3 is going to have to have something big. The secret world is going to be launching in June, Tera has just launchedn and GW2 is coming soon.

A few new options costing a million credits each isn't likely to cut it and BW and EA must know it, they have to look at what players have been asking for expecially those that have filled in the cancelled subs survey and get it in. Personally I think they have to address the feeling that TOR doesn't feel that massive, it is don't get me wrong. But because of all the hand holding and the planet/level progression they have lost the feeling of exploration and being part of a living dynamic world. This needs to be address sooner rather than later and lean patches which we still wait months on isn't going to do it.

I believe that torheads leak on what is going to be in 1.3 is outdate. That there was a lot of legacy features that didn't make 1.2, plus Warzones didn't make 1.2. These items along with the LFG tool that is needed in the game I believe will make up the bulk of 1.3. If they are going to release it in May - which I really hope, but not counting on then I don't believe there will be any new operations, flashpoints or new dailies.

It is going to be lean and like someone said it is 1.2 part 2 more than 1.3

Just for the fact that it's expanding legacy and adding LFG makes it worth its own major patch. There's a good chance that pre-season 1 WZ will be in this patch as well if not before it.

Edited by Aricus

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-3-0

WoW's last patch alone some would feel was a larger patch than TOR's 1.2

-The Dragon Soul raid is twice the size of EC.

-Legendary quest chain

-3 new dungeons

-Raid Finder (a feature that will change all MMO's forever)

-Darkmoon Island

-Transmogrification

-Void Storage

-A new PvP boss, Alizibal

-All the usual fixes and tweaks.

I understand the devs of SWTOR feel that patch 1.2 was rather substantial, however much of the features added were stuff that should have been included at launch (for example the UI builder, guild banks, etc).

Of the real added content in 1.2, we got a new Warzone for the PvPers, a new operation which was half the size of WoW's last raid, (which was called small by WoW players), 1 new FP (WoW's last patch gave 3 new dungeons), and a really nice 9 day world event.

That said, much of 1.2 was fluff that should have already been in the game. I love this game, but the devs need to step things up if they want to compete with the big boys. There are two new MMO's coming out soon, and WoW's MoP.

Suggestion: A larger raid tier, more dynamic content, new end level areas added to existing worlds for more character story questing, end level planetary dailies on all planets to better use the commendation system to its full potential.

A bunch of stuff cut in half cos "it didn't make it in time" like half of the legacy, as well as loads of new bugs and disappointing useless features while not reverting the healer nerfs.

Honestly, whatever they choose to add it's equal to excrement to me, because I am no longer a healer, therefore I am no longer playing the game.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-3-0

WoW's last patch alone some would feel was a larger patch than TOR's 1.2

-The Dragon Soul raid is twice the size of EC.

-Legendary quest chain

-3 new dungeons

-Raid Finder (a feature that will change all MMO's forever)

-Darkmoon Island

-Transmogrification

-Void Storage

-A new PvP boss, Alizibal

-All the usual fixes and tweaks.

I understand the devs of SWTOR feel that patch 1.2 was rather substantial, however much of the features added were stuff that should have been included at launch (for example the UI builder, guild banks, etc).

Of the real added content in 1.2, we got a new Warzone for the PvPers, a new operation which was half the size of WoW's last raid, (which was called small by WoW players), 1 new FP (WoW's last patch gave 3 new dungeons), and a really nice 9 day world event.

That said, much of 1.2 was fluff that should have already been in the game. I love this game, but the devs need to step things up if they want to compete with the big boys. There are two new MMO's coming out soon, and WoW's MoP.

Suggestion: A larger raid tier, more dynamic content, new end level areas added to existing worlds for more character story questing, end level planetary dailies on all planets to better use the commendation system to its full potential.

While I can understand what you're saying you also need to understand the game is still new. They need to ensure they are able to be sustainable with profits while bringing out new content. It’s a juggling act and one that Blizzard has had ample time to ensure they have funds to dwarf all other MMO content.

I think the game is headed in the right direction and I believe the content they are releasing is good. The game needs time to generate the funds to justify the cost of making it as well as continue pay the developers who are still working hard on ensuring the game produces as much of a smooth experience as possible.

I believe the game itself will benefit from other MMO’s that come out as it will really show how smooth the whole operation has gone and really solidify it as a game stayer. People these days are more about getting things now and attention spans are less, so they need to ensure they get new stuff to keep them busy which is wrong.

People burnt themselves out in WoW and are looking for the “next great thing” which just wont happen. How many games do you continually play after you finished them? I would hazard a guess at a very very small amount if any.

Once WoW understood that gamers are starting to burn out they started to churn out the content. How long did it take for BC to come out after launch? Pretty damn long, then every sub content to come out has been quicker and quicker which in turn lead the masses to expect content on a continual basis.

I'm willing to bet 1.3 will expand on tier 2 in the form of another 4 - 5 boss operation on par with Denova (difficulty and gear wise) + nightmare mode, rated warzones, the flashpoint finder and the rest of the legacy features and maybe a new flashpoint. To me, that sounds lean, especially when in comparison to 1.2. I just hope that they at least add something operation related in 1.3, they can't honestly expect us to be content with a 4 boss op with 2 difficulty modes for another 4 months.